Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] In-Depth Explanation and Discussion of Swordsman Builds - by Autentist

No worries. I’ve only been freed from my classes today to genuinely play the game over the weekend.

bro doppel >> dragon =)

Doppel dmg is better but the c2 skills are for 2H Sword so the lancer user cant use it, but if you are using a sword go for Doppel

What a great guide! An incredible source of information. THANKS!

The Fencer section is what earns you my personal respect. Builds covered in the guide show diversity of Fencer and ToS in general. Though, you might want to add Peltasta3 builds to fully cover the class aspects.

I have no Fencer experience yet (no any 150+lvl experience really), and wanted to get some info:

1. You didn’t cover the stats section yet… Guess I’m not too patient. How much evasion you need for 270+lvl mobs? They got 400+ accuracy, right? (thanks, tosbase.com). Also, do Dex bulds need any Con to survive high-lvl content?
  2. Why do you always max Lunge? Level 10 would probably get dex build far over 1000 evasion. Isn’t +100% evasion too much? Isn’t level 3-5 enough? Doesn’t it get 2 lvls (+20% evasion) from a good rapier? Pelta1 also gives 18% evasion.
  3. Conquille lvl 2vs10 - what’s the DPS difference?

hey, i duno how much evasion u need. but i believe that u need the evasion skills maxed (if the end game rapier gives more lvls so u probably can adjust all ur build - but if u can get to lvl 12 so u dont need to change anything). also, i think u need at least 50 con to survive magic mobs.

coquile is used for the debuff, u can have it lvl 1 if u want.

monsters high level hits HARD, so u need the best evasion possible

I’m in a weird spot with my build because I took an extra rank in Peltasta instead of looking at the alternatives, long story short which is more useful with only one rank in it, Hoplite or Cataphract?

The build when it’s finished will potentially look like this:
Swordsman C1 > Peltasta C1 > Peltasta C2 > Hoplite/Cataphract C1 > Corsair C1 > Corsair C2 > Templar

u should reroll and get pelt>hop 2

Hello everyone. Just started a new character and I need some help with my build.

I must say that I do love PvE, and I do hate PvP. Also, dual-wield is something I really enjoy, no matter what game I am playing, so obviously I am going for a Corsair. Actually, I had a Corsair C1 on the previous beta, and due to rank 6 being the maximum, my build was planned until Corsair C2, but now the new limit is rank 7, and I do not know what I should choose as my last rank.

For my build, I want an all-around character capable of doing very well on every situation (PvE only).

My old build was: Swordsman > Peltasta > Barbarian > Barbarian > Corsair > Corsair

I have been thinking on Fencer as my last rank, but… I am quite unsure. Dragoon is nice too, but without Hoplite and Finestra it might be a bit lackluster. Also, I read that due to Warcry and Frenzy being a flat boost to my damage, they will fall off quickly, unless I stat STR - which is not good because DEX is much better for Corsair/Fencer.

So… Which class should I pick for my build? Dragoon? Fencer? Doppelsöldner? How should I stat my character? 4 DEX : 1 STR is good enough?

Anyway, any help is very appreciated.
I thank you all in advance.
Cya.

(Current build: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/gjl0pp5z1z/)

Hi guys I am new here.

I read a lot of build which initially I am going

Swordsman C1 > Highlander C1 > Barbarian C1 > Barbarian C2 > Barbarian C3 > Doppelsoeldner C1 > Doppelsoeldner C2

But then I got an idea…what if I build it this way? Let me know if it makes sense.

Swordsman C1 > Highlander C1 > Barbarian C1 > Barbarian C2 > Hoplite C1 > Hoplite C2 > Dragoon

Was thinking combining the Frenzy and Warcry buff together with Finestry. Although with this build, will totally miss out Doppelsoeldner Deeds of Valor and Cyclone =/

I asked this in Cathexis class build thread but a second opinion about this would be nice: Swordsman C2 - Barbarian C3 - Fencer C2.

Focusing mainly on stuns. So possibly a decent PvP built?

1 Like

First off thank you so much for your guide, between you and Cathexis, you guys have provided me with so much knowledge for this game. I plan on playing Cata, now 1 difference between your guide and Cathexis is the stat distrubition.
You call for 4:2:2 or 4:1:2 STR - CON - DEX
while Cathexis calls for 2:2:2 or 3:1:2
Could you elaborate on which stat distribution would be better for PvP or PVE and why there is a difference between your suggestions.

Edit: I got a response from Cathexis for the same question. He mentions he doesnt value STR as much in pvp which is why he recommends 2:2:2 for pvp. Whats your reason for a 4:2:2 for pvp, you must value strength more.

First, Such an amazing guide.
Second, i was looking to make a tank build for fencer, but i also want to be able to PvP decently, is there any good option for that, or those two things just don’t go together with fencer?

Thanks for you in Depth Guide! Everything is very well explained!
Do you already had a though about the Fencer Stats? would they differ much from the previous Builds? I am especially interested in the 3rd (Swordman, Highlander C3, Corsair C2, Fencer) since that will be my new Build. Thanks again for the great work you have done here!

I am trying to go for cosir to duel wield and not sure after. if i am already at swordsman circle 2 did i mess anything up?

all i want is DPS and fast attacks any tips or builds on the best way for that ?
Also will i gradually get better gear as i play or should i just invest in the market? have not found a way to make decent money yet.

I try this build, and i like it)

Earth Wave one shot mobs, Trot very speed.
Incredibly fast, sometimes when I want to beat the mobs are not running around :hockey:

Hello !

have u a suggest for ppl going pelasta C3 ?
–> my pela C3 build<–

im already pela C3

Cataphract c1 --> fencer C2 ?
Cataphract C3 ?
doppl ?

thank you for your time !!!

Hey, regarding the first two Builds, is there a reason why the Highlander C3 > Hoplite 2 > Dragoon goes for less con but more dex compared to Peltasta -> Hoplite 3 > Doppelsoeldner > Dragoon?
Isn’t the second build having a lot more defense anyway because of the shield and the peltasta skills? Why should you go for more Con with that build?

Hi there @Autentist , I’ve been following your pure PVP Cata build and came across the Double Slash skill that does extra damage to bleeding targets yet there’s no skill on the build that causes bleeding (I might be failing to see one)
So, Isn’t it viable to put one point into Thrust since it has an attribute that causes bleeding if used on stunned targets, or is the extra damage negligible?

Hump because of some misclick have to stuck with Highlander C2
Can I using this build
Swordman C1-> Highlander C2-> Barbarian C2-> Doppel
Or Else
Swordman C1-> Highlander C2-> Barbarian C2-> Fencer
Please give me a detail what i should do because im now stuck in Highlander C2

I would go all the way to Highlander C3 then, the Highlander skills are quite good, so get them as high as possible.