Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] In-Depth Explanation and Discussion of Swordsman Builds - by Autentist

for swordman pelt barbx3 the dopex2 should for leveling how should i put the stats? thank you

Just a question, which class has more synergy with Hoplite 3. Doppel or Corsair?

Revised build for nowā€¦

Also, got a few questions to clarify. I do apologise if the questions appear silly.

Questions:

1. Barbarian3/Doppel1 - Am I right to assume that barbarians and doppel1 would be using more swords then spears, simply because of the slash skills?

2. Finestra - If I activate Finestra using a 1hspear+shield, and I change back to 1hsword or 2hsword, would Finestra be deactivated?

3. ASPD - Is there an aspd penalty using a 1hspear vs 2hspear vs 1hsword vs 2hsword?

4. Stacks - Frenzy - Do aoe skills count towards stacks for frenzy? Or would only normal attack hits count?

5. Peltasta - Guardian - Stat calc describes the bonus skill ā€˜Guardian: Evasionā€™ as increasing evasion by 6% per attribute level and the max level is 3. Would I need Guardian level 3 to get the 18% evasion then instead of just Guardian level 1?

@Autentist
I got a question for you, sir.
I intend to focus on PVP and probably will go with the Dragoon build you described here. The one that focus on PVP, of course.

I was wondering that its probably hard to level up with this build and perhaps i could first go with a PVE build, then, at higher levels, reset my skills points and go full PVP.

Swordsman > Swordsman > Swordsman > Cataphract > Cataphract > Cataphract > Dragoon

So, choosing these above circles and classes (so later on i can use reset skill points and go FULL PVP), what would be the best possible PVE build to help me level faster?

Thanks!

Lots of informationā€¦ which is a cookie-cutter pve-only swordsman dps with the ability to aoe provoke? Itā€™s for a casual friend who hardly visits forums to research builds. Heā€™ll be leveling with us (a linker and archer).

theres no way to improve what autentist alredy said, just follow that build and u are good to go

So if I were to go S/P/Hop3/Dopel/Dragoon. Can All my skills (not including shield skills) be using with a 2 handed Spear or would this build focus on only using Spear/Shield or does it swap between the two?

With a linker? Definitely hoplite works best. Peltast 1 into hoplite 3 into doppel into dragoon for example.

Thats my personal opinion.

Skills in the database show stances, just check up on it instead. Some questions you can answer for yourself.

Iā€™ll be nice though. All skills other then synchro thrusting can be used with both 1h and 2h spear in that build.

Annotation: i dont consider pelta skills other then swashbuckling and panic button guardian as something you will be using actively if at all.

@Autentist no recommendations on Shinobi in this guide?

I just love swordsman community, excellent work @Autentist !

Hereā€™s my contribution.

Hey @Autentist what u think about Swordsman / Highlander 2 / Hoplite 2 / Doppel / Dragoon?

I disagree.
I probably can level skills that are better for PVE during low/mid levels and use reset skill points to go FULL PVP later.

for sword>cata>dragoon? if u think u can do it, so go for it

Does anyone knows if the the bunshin or clones of Shinobi will gone if the main/true body will die first?

I think its possible.
Thats why im asking @Autentist, since he knows so much about it.

Instead of going the traditional Dragoon way, What about going sword - pelta1 - hoplite 3 - doppel 2?

thats not a good idea
/soon

@Autentist i was trying to decide between these 2 builds, i want to tank but i donā€™t know what path to take, what of the 2 builds is better for party lvling and dungeon tanking

or