Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] In-Depth Explanation and Discussion of Swordsman Builds - by Autentist

Thank you @Autentist !
Very helpful, cheers!

Actually found it. Thx!
And hereā€™s my build

As im going with 1h spear and shield, or 2h spear. Not going dual welding as i take corsair only for hook and pirate combo. Using heavy armor and stat distribution will be STR: DEX = 3:1
Any though will be appreciated. Ty

is this tanker fencer build ok ? will tis build benefit and gvg?

Thx for this explanation. Iā€™ll wait for Fencer guide :slight_smile:

Thanks for the answer, @Autentist. And how about Sword > High C3 > Corsair > Doppel C2 as a hybrid build? I still think Jolly Roger is a good skill for PvE since the parties will have at least one Peltasta (weā€™ll see a lot of them).

Answered all of this in Q&A section.

@nacochip

Answered this one above too.

@pedrohenriquegildeca

Itā€™s the most basic and standard Dragoon build, which offers comparable damage and TWO defensive skills on top of it. Read about this build above, I already rewieved it.

@MattBR

Answered above.
Hybrid is absolutely fine. Basically, debuffs from High and Doppel can work both ways, depending on the build and COrsair takes care of PvP aspect. Jolly is always good.

@Horyu

It can. But Dragoon will give you far more damage than Hoplite3, so be careful with your choice. Dragoon is pure DPS after all.

@Nuinouo

Donā€™t touch Guardian. Even for PvP, yes. 1 point wonder skill, always.
Options 1 and 2 would be the best for you. First one will help you with linked mobs and bosses, second provides with Cyclone.
So you can choose, what playstyle fits you. If you are not sure, go with Option 2, that Cyclone will do you good in ET with all other skills.

@andaryu

Answered above, regarding Gae for PvP.
Cata C2 is not that great, honestly. So is Hoplite without ST, except some specific builds.

@Night

1. When I was playing on CBT2, it did. However, only by a little, so not advisable to use them together. Still reduces your Attack in a DPS build, by giving a really shitty number of DEF. So, not needed. Gung Ho for mobs, Guardian for bosses, basically.

2. ST spam is better in a long run, Because it allows for more rotation and can be also used while your other skills are on cooldown. Stabbing is better than Pierce. Gae I advise for PvP. Reasons - above, in the Q&A section. And yes, itā€™s another Weapon Throw skill, why would you need two? Pierce is not really a multihit, it just multiplies the damage, depending on the enemy. Dragoontooth is a true multihit and hits five times.

2 Likes

@Rainwrath

Because even Hoplite needs some DEX on later levels for that Evasion and Accuracy. Adding a little bit of DEX also provides you with easier ways to install gems later, particularly green ones.
And no CON in Earth Tower? You need at least 21k+ for melee to survive there, man.

@Satoru

Except I havenā€™t said anything in my post about it being flat increase. Please read carefully.
By making a high SPR Cata you:

• Diminish your damage potential.
  • Focuse your effort on breaking one single spell, which will be nerfed most likely
  • You will still not break it, due to the nature of Stone Skin and its multipliers.

@ForeverNoob

Are you going for hybrid PvP-PvE or what?

@squalllim

Get rid of Thrust.
Max the following in Rodelero tree - Targe Smash, Montano, Shield Bash. 1 point to Slithering and Showing. Rest in Push.
Maybe 1 point from Toucher to Coquille, Fencer looks good.

[size=25]UPDATED. Having some big issues with electricity here, so delays are possible.[/size]

• More info on Vertical Slash and Restrain
  • Added PvP Doppel

It looks like we are going
Dragoon > Doppel c1 > Hop 3 > Pelt
and
Warlock > Psycokino c3 > Wiz c3

Would you say it would perform a lot worse than combo with Linkers Joint Penalty (cooldown was nerfed to 22sec)?

As for the Guardian, do you think investing in Umbo and Rim is better than +time on Guardian lv5 with evasion attribute?

Hey Autentist

thank you for providing us with information, realy helps alot.

Im thinking about doing a Swordman>Peltasta>Hoplite 2>Corsair 2 Build. But i am unsure about circle 7 atm. Corsair 3 apparently isnt that good. So i was thinking about either Fencer or Doppel. Dragoon would be an option aswell but i feel like maybe fencer and/or doppel offer a little more.

Which class would you recommend to take in circle 7 and is this build in your view a acceptable or would you recomment a totaly different build?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the informations!
After reading your analisis on the builds, I thought on something like that, a diferent dual wielding dragoon build

What you think? Is it viable?

its not min max but its viable

@Autentist
Do i need to help you answer questions, or are you ok here?
Becuase when you post the Fencer and Shinibi parts theirs going to be a lot of questions

@Autentist waiting for your fencer/templar build to compare but iā€™m debating between c2peltasta/c3rodelero/c1templar and c2peltasta/c2rodelero/c1fencer/c1templar (templar is mandatory for me)

(for the 2nd build, the points in shield shoving could be moved to shield bash, not too concerned)

Debating between (almost) 1:1 CON/DEX or 1:1:2 STR/CON/DEX (will be grouped for entirety of levelling, not too concerned with solo pve damage, but intend to pvp).

Thoughts?

Thatā€™s right. Is that a bad idea?
I meanā€¦ No one in my team take tank role. So must take pelta at least c1 and corsair c1 for damage party. Idea?
Edit: another question. Will jolly roger take over agro?

Yes, it will. Links will be immensely useful in high level content, especially if you donā€™t have a comitted tank in your party.
Even nerfed itā€™s still provides excellent opportunity for DPS fighters to kill packs of mobs at once. And in ET mobs come in waves.

Much better. You do only 1 point in Guardian, for itā€™s attribute. It gives only flat numbers to defence and gimps your attack too. Crappy skill.

@paul1gaming2

I actually advise taking here either Shinobi or Dragoon. They will benefit from CorsairC2 much more.

@Artamian

Viable, but as @Lenny said, itā€™s not min-maxing. For full damaging potential you can replace Doppel with Corsair or Dragoon with Shinobi.

@kazushi_rei

Second build is better, since Fencer adds to your tanking capabilities.
For Stats - 1:2:4 or 1:3:3, something like that.
Bash 3, 2-3 Barrier, Gung Ho and Concentrate max.
High Guard 3, 6 Rim.
Max Bash, Montano, Smash, 1 points in Showing and Slithering. 3 in Push, 2 of you want to invest 1 in Charge.
1 point in Flancon, rest in Sept.
Can probably use Battle Orders.

Why did you delete the post?

@ForeverNoob

Jolly contributes to aggro, but not as much as Swash.
Fo hybrid at least one point to Gae Bulg, rest to Soar.
Forget Chest, max Keel.

1 Like

@Autentist was gonna rewrite it heh.

Didnā€™t add GungHo because of Guardian. (Not concerned about early levels as i have a party)
Ah nice catch on High Guard, didnā€™t see i need 3 for attribute!
Battle Orders / Reduce Craft Time is something iā€™ll figure out later, depends on how helpful Reduce Craft Time is i guess.

Gung Ho can be used with mobs and Guardian on bosses, allowing you for the effective rotations.
Still, if you didnā€™t get it, itā€™s fine. Just donā€™t get Bash to 4, 3 is enough for attributes.

Looks very good now, nice job.

1 Like

I seriously must of missed this thread during the week. Maybe it was posted when I was sleeping z.z Oh well.

Great job on the documentation! Only thing was curious on was the stat allocation; and this gave me a general idea. Thanks for the effort you put into this and to those who helped put it all together. Cheers. :slight_smile:

@Autentist well thereā€™s nowhere else to put that last point heh :stuck_out_tongue:

After running some calcs iā€™ll prob take battle orders!

Hi guys. Iā€™m torn between two builds here:

Swordsman > Peltasta > Hoplite > Hoplite > Corsair > Corsair > Dragoon

AND

Swordsman > Peltasta > Hoplite > Cataphract > Cataphract > Cataphract > Dragoon

Hereā€™s the thing, I will be playing 99% of the game content with my wife who will be playing a mage nuker-type character. I want a character that is going to do well tanking PVE since sheā€™ll be de real damage there BUT I love PVP and Iā€™d like that my character wouldnā€™t be completely useless in PVP.

Iā€™m well aware that if I wanna really go for PVP I should go Swordsman c3 and I might do that on an alt. So Iā€™m between Cataphract and Corsair for PVP, which one of them is more useful? Honestly I donā€™t even really need to be a Dragoon (but that outfit is sweet!) if I can pull something that better suits my needs.

So what would you advise me if I want to be a good PVE tank but donā€™t wanna completely suck at pvp. I donā€™t want to be the best out there, just want to play a couple matches and do something.