Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] In-Depth Explanation and Discussion of Swordsman Builds - by Autentist

You can:
Take Doppel, it’s a good 1 circle class, similar to fencer, but in terms of dealing aoe dps doppel does it better

with doppel you could farm at a nice rate with jolly roger and cyclone, or DPE on shinies.

Take Corsair C3, a very weak circle currently, and wait out for a better rank 8.

Barb skills fall off, but they’re not useless, they can stun for a reason

Take Fencer, enjoy an amplified hexen dropper with Coquille, and an additional Pierce from Etoiles and Lunge. But you’ll be stuck with rapiers

Thanks for answering!
So, it’s not an option? ‘’/

The thing is: my damage skills ARE, basically, Barb skills.

So I think Doppel wouldn’t add me much as it’d only give me Cyclone for dmg (I know this skill is hella great, but I’m not sure it’d be enough). Well, there’s also DoV, don’t know how it works.

Fencer looks like a nice choice, but rapiers are just so lame, I mean 22 durability. I like to go to a map and stay there until I finished everything, so having to return to the city in order to repair my main weapon (when all the rest is far from 30%) just doesn’t please me at all. Also, imagine the next ranks coming and I’m here stuck with a rapier anyways.

My thoughts on Dragoon were: Spears are better than Swords. Damage skills with some utility/debuff, to “replace” my Barb ones. Also I have a Brandish recipe lmao.

Hey! Thanks for all of your information. I was wondering which build will fall off late game (200+) in terms of damage because I feel like armor break wont make to much of a difference because of the cool down.

The Highlander into Dragoon PVE build

Or The Peltasta Dragoon build

Would the Highlander build do more single target DPS than a corsair build?

Lastly, which build do you prefer between the Peltasta and Highlander build?

I sayyou should go Corsair 2 because of the skills that it offers, Corsair 1 isnt so great

does high1 barb3 doppel2 build really need dex?
im thinking about going 100con then dump everything on str.
how does high str no dex compare to 2:1 str:dex in terms of damage.

Hello Guys,

What do you think of a build:
Sw1 -> Pelta 3 -> Cata 2 -> Dragoon?

Thank you!

That can work?
I’m thinking about build a shinobi whit that class build Sword C3 - Highlander C2 - Fencer - Shinobi But not sure if it will really work in practice.
In theory I got combos with: double slash + bushins, after lunge; g bushins + kunais and sept, after coquile; without bushins got some synergy in highlander and fencer, but I’m not sure about, cross guard, cross cut and skyliner can be nice because pierce attack vulnerability and bleeding.
Some advices? You think it can really work?
Lack of pelt can be a trouble

What if you want to go a tank build? Is it viable or should i go with the fencertank option? Its been the only build i’ve seen that ppl talk about as a tank… everything else is SM>Peltx3> Sqx3 …

@Autentist do you still remember me :smiley: now, you see, at least 50% players are saying swordman suck, so i was very very right. only swordie meta build will survive the rest are gg.

And what are those meta build at the moment?

This is my understanding of the so called “Meta” builds for swordsman.

PvE meta: Sword1 -> Pelt1 -> Hop3 -> Dop1 -> Dragoon1
PvP meta: Sword3 -> Cata3 -> Dragoon1
Tank meta: Sword1 -> Pelt3 -> Squire3

I’m not sure if those are what @jinfin have in mind, though.

pve, highlander barb3 doppel 2 and highlander barb3 doppel shinobi and swordie 3 xx doppel shinobi are all basically tied if not better in their own ways than that hop/dop/drag build. once barb buffs hit, they will be much stronger.

hi i have question.
is full con (any build…lets say the most popular meta pvp class, s3 > c3 > dragoon) viable for pvp?

i’m wondering about Pelt1 > Barb3> Dopel 2 or my main goal Pelt1>Hop3>Dopel 2 what do you guys can say about it ?

from what heard by word of mouth, hoplite’s preferred r7 choice is dragoon, as with cata’s r7 choice. but doppel 2 would work too despite c2 i guess having skills more suited to 2h sword? just focus on deeds and cyclone which should be doing anyways. barb3 into doppel2 is the closest thing to meta 2h sword users have.

[Repost from another Thread]

Hello guys,

So I was initially following this build S2 > H1 > Cata3 > Dragoon but looking for advice from the experienced as I have been presented with a counter build that suits PvP/GvG which is what I want to get into in the future.

The build presented is: S3 > H2 > Cata1 > Dragoon, with emphasis on 40% stun rate and Level 10 Finestra and Spear Lunge.

Can any of you (@Autentist) tell me which would be better:

S2 > H1 > Cata3 > Dragoon
OR
S3 > H2 > Cata1 > Dragoon

Thank you!

Hi is this build still applicable until now?

It’s my first time making a highlander so I have no idea which skill is bugged, nerfed, adjusted in Ktos. Thanks

highlander will be receiving skyliner 0 cd. based on your corsair skill allocation it looks like pvp build, and i won’t comment any further if so. but you might have meant those choices for the bleed. if this is pve, keep reading.

if you meant this build for pve, either change skill points out of hook/keel (does the bleed from keel haul work on bosses? even so, you still have room for a few points into hook/keel) for dustdevil or skip out on corsair c1 completely (barb c1 would work well for the soon to be here slash buff to pair with your highlander main skills. pelt c1 allows for aoe taunt and shield-use defense/evasion buff)

also, fencer doesnt synergize as well with ktos buffed highlander. on bleeding targets you will be spamming skyliner instead of your fencer 0cd skills, but its not too bad overall especially from a defensive standpoint. another option to consider is doppel c1-2. cyclone will be king of class tree with pirates once you get barb slash buff in the ktos buffs.

swordsman c1. get pain barrier 5/5 concentrate 5/5 gungho 5/5 or 2/5 with bash 3/5 for knockdown. life with pain barrier active is a gift from the goddesses.

as for other skill choices, someone might need to take a look. i havent played fencer so it looks odd to me, but someone else can help there.

Hey guys just wondering, there’s written that deeds of valor brings an ASPD buff, but the stacks only seem to bring +ATK -DEF. Does that mean that if you activate DoV you immediately get the speed buff? Also, does this mean that the speed buff is the same whether level 1 or level 10 DoV ?

For tanking purposes, would then leaving DoV at 1 be good without gimping your own defense too much?

Also, does Iron Hook affects Double Pay Earn? And does the attribute that lets you hook 3 characters/mobs also affect DPE thrice?

Edit: I also managed to get the Ledas Shield. How long can I hold onto it (taking into account I might switch from dagger to shield when necessary upon getting corsair c2)?

Edit 2: Also, since I’m aiming for Catacombs Blade, what off hand dagger would be better, karacha or venom? one is much more affordable than the other but still I’m curious.

@Autentist Hey i have a few question:

1. Should I max out spear throw even though i want to use brandish as my own weapon instead of geras spear
  2. I want to max out stabbing increase of pierce because, it deals a lot of mulithits damage
  3. I was just wondering should i go with Ledas shield for the additional damage or using both beetleback and arde ? keep in mind that beetleback and arde is not really cheap
  4. And i don’t think i want to use bash because i’m already in hop c3 and i don’t think that skills even worth mention, and pain barrier is really important especially when you use stabbing so u won’t get interrupted

Thx bro