Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] In-Depth Explanation and Discussion of Swordsman Builds - by Autentist

im still confused on what build to do on a swordie…is this build ok sir @Autentist ? any comments?

1 Like

To my fellow swordsman who are level 200+ how hard is it to find a party if you don’t have pelta as part of your class ranks. I am asking this due to the fact I went sword1> highlander3 and will be pushing for either corsair or hoplite come the next rank up.

@Autentist thx for great guide!! your explanation help a lot

I read about your said about hop2 > cata2 > dragoon

what if i go hop3 > cata1 > dragoon

I know to get Doppel in rank 6 is worth more than taking Cata but

this better than hop2 cata 2 right? and what stats should i aim

PS: sorry for bad Eng!! :3

So I want to go Hoplite 3 > Doppel > Dragoon.
Is your 4:2:1 stat allocation mainly for soloing? I do want to do some group content but I’m kinda afraid my CON may be a bit too low. Would I lose out on too much damage if I allocated my stats 3:2:1?

More con has advantages but keep in mind that Str scales whereas con does not. There is some minor scaling which however isn’t significant if a stat is below 200. So when you are level 300 etc its better to use equipment which gives Con and invest more in str (as equipment bonuses are not effected by Str scaling).

4:2:1 means you will already have 60 Con with level 200 which is decent anyways for pve.

Hi guys, I want your opinion for this build that I created:

I don’t know if this combination can be good in PvP…better take sword C3?

And about the status, What should I put?

Great guide, thanks

It’s still possible to secure a party slot without a taunt, but if you want to pull your weight you’re going to have to pay extra attention to the positioning of your abilities, and make smart use of your offensive utility and CC.

Why is there no Swordman c1 > Pet C1 > Hoplite C3 > Corsair C1 > Dragoon build? i noticed theres one that includes this build but has Dopple. Is the Corsair Rank 6 utulity not worth the dps loss of not having Dopple’s Deeds of Valor / Cyclone? cause i was considering going this one for Jolly Roger and iron hook / keen hauling

and why no Gae Bolg for Dragoon? that damage looks insane.

You will lose out a lot of dps not taking Doppel because the build itself lacks power slash damage. You get dragon soar later but it’s not really comparable to cyclone.

You can take Pel > Hop 2 > Cor 2 > Dragoon instead, having hexen dropper covers the damage you lost, it’s also a pierce type attack, but definitely one of the best swordsman bursts in the tree that could reach 50k total.

1 Like

in that case i guess i’ll use a similiar build to this. friend decided she wants to give the game a try but wants to go “pure dps” swordsman so one of us at least needs Swashbuckler.

I’ve been playing around with Gae Bulg in parties lately and in my opinion it’s criminally underused. However, Gae Bulg’s main draw is not its damage component (it only hits once and has linear scaling) but its debuff, which is a significant boost for physical damage-dealers. Unfortunately, each level of Gae Bulg only increases the debuff’s duration by .5 seconds, so it doesn’t seem worth it to max the skill unless you really want the 2% DEF/ATK attribute.

But with Skull swig you put their armor to 0, so i think that buff isnt necessary, or yes?

I’m rank 5 and I think I’ve made some bad choices through my build
Now Sword1>Pelt1>Barb2>Corsair
I’m thinking on some possibilities:

Sword1>Pelt1>Barb2>Corsair>Barb3>Corsair2 (suits my playing style, get the buff from warcry and frenzy c3, sounds weird to build tho, is this even an option?)
Sword1>Pelt1>Barb2>Corsair>Corsair2>Doppel (now Doppel c1 is better than Barb c3 here? why?)
Sword1>Pelt1>Barb2>Corsair>Fencer2 (not sure, maybe c3 is OP, maybe is BS)
Sword1>Pelt1>Barb2>Corsair>Corsair2>Fencer (I’ve seen this around, it’s good?)

Hi me question was on 3hoplite doppel dragoon on stats we didnt need any point on spr for block penetration or sp ? didnt got any trouble with sp for pvp pve build ? almost how many CON and Dex Need before stop and just str?

Hey i have a big question as a newbie:

I want to have a pvp/gvg swordman and mit sure what to do. First idea would be:

Sword1>pelt1>hopl1-2>corsair1-2>dragoon

But im not sure good it is since ecerybody says :
Sword3>cata3>dragoon
Or
Sword 2>hopl1>cata3>dragoon

Are the best builds for pvp/gvg… Some others say corsair… I Need to make my discision soon and am not sure:/

for PvE is there a huge dps difference between a cat 3 build and other possible spear builds? (e.g. sw > pelt > hop 3 > dopel > dragoon)

@Autentist
What’s a good PvP class to take for swordsman?

I was thinking of going SW3 Pelt1 Corsair1 Doppel2
How does this play out? Is it the typical, Hook then bring him closer then finish with hexen dropper, etc

But how about SW3 Pelt1 Corsair2 Doppel1. How is that different and what would you think would be better at diff scenarios?

Can confirm everyone goes about Gae bulgs damage when its irrelevant to the skills purpose.
I disagree though. Level 10 Gaebulg should be 33% up-time on the debuff which will be fairly solid if you want to specialize as a Dragoon. I wonder if C2 will bring something like an increase duration attribute.

I need some Help with my char… actualy i’m lvl 110 and my build will be this Sw-High-Barb3-Fencer2. My question is about what stats invest for pvp. Right now i put 3-1-1 (str-con-dex) shoul i get more con or dex, or continue this? Sorry for bad english.

Dragontooth for dmg, Serpentine for dmg/bleed, Gae Bulg for area buffs (plus JR) and Dragon Soar for shocking.
Would this be a possibility?
Currently rank 6
The suggested option is Fencer c1, I dislike it tho (Rapiers ugh)
Also I noticed that Swords are lame, like my sub-weapon deals more damage than my main, only not when monsters have slash weakness.
I’d like to grab Spears, in a desperate attempt to save something here, I don’t wanna reroll.
You all know what I have lost for going Barb instead of Hop.
Barb would only give me 2 slash skills (and that 4s increased critical from Slash, meh), 1 strike skill and a buff.
I’d add that I’m quite confortable with it’s skills by now, so I can cast all my stuff on those 4s (8s cuz overheat), BUT looks like it’s a given that Barb skills fall-off late game (3 stars maps?).
So, viable or should I reroll (I’d propably just quit the game than rerolling tho lol)