Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] In-Depth Explanation and Discussion of Swordsman Builds - by Autentist

You caught my interest but now you have my attention. How would this exactly work? Could you elaborate?

highlander, cus doppel will use 2H

Hmm :frowning:
Thanks for the info

Trying to figure out which path to take. I like the idea of 1h spear and shield over 2h. Will end at Dragoon and definitely want a mount. Was thinking this-

or would I be better to go c1 Hop and C3 Cataphract (heard it wasnt worth going C2 Cat) though I would still be intending to use a 1h Spear. Also, what do you suggest leveling between Impaler and Steed Charge? Im a bit iffy there. Again Im fairly set on using a shield.

Which would be better : Sword - High3 - Corsair2 - Fencer or Sword- Perl Barb2- Corsair2 Fencer for pve??

Also my friend wants to play shinobi bad. is a sword- high3-cor2-shinobi better or sword- pel- .barb2-cor2-shinobi ?? He wants to dual wield.

( i edited, forgot can go barb3)

Also: I read barb2 not worth? If i go barb3, is Sword-Pel-Barb3 a great dps build for pve? I was thinking going the barb 3 as rank 7 that way i can access cor2 more sooner. Thoughts?

[size=25] Updated. Added Fencer guide.[/size]

Q & A will be now added on this post, since the first one exceeded it’s limit.

Question 1

Answer

Question 2

Answer

Question 3

Answer

Then this would be two different builds. Cata is a generally PvP class thanks to it’s high mobility and Restrain, but it doesn’t synergize with Corsair.
So for Corsair you can use one of the builds above. More will soon come.

Question 4

Answer

Trot is useful, because of it’s extreme mobility, which can be a deciding factor in PvP. Also, you traverl much faster in general. More speed is always good. Yes, you can use them mounted.

Question 5

Answer

Obviously. This changes much. I’ll wait for confirmation.

Question 6

Answer

It also hits more times. And provides another Stun chance to Cleave. I wouldn’t underestimate this skill.

Question 7

Answer

That’s exactly why we are getting it. It works with DOV, giving to it another +400 damage on the spot. You’re basically missing the damage bonus, which makes Barb great in the first place.

Question 8

Answer

Haaaa, no. War Cry already gets it’s attributes on level 3. Besides, it reduces Defence on all flat numbers, so falls of very quickly.

Question 9

Answer

It’s still only flat numbers. Frenzy will give you more in this case. We get War Cry for attributes and Defence Duration, which, again, will be useful only at early levels. The main damage still comes from DOV and Doppel.

Question 10

Answer

True, but Helm hits more and it hits HARDER. You don’t use Helm for Stun chance only, it’s damage is quite good. We can probably take at least 2 points from War Cry in this situation, should you desire so.

Question 11

Answer

8 to Dees for the uptimed Duration, 1 in Zucken, rest in Zornau and Redel. This is for PvE. For PvP - see above.

Question 12

Answer

Answered in the guide, by adding info. Basically, Dragoon benefits from it much more due to single-target nature, passive abilitiy and overall High’s debuffs. But for Doppel we need that one point in Crown for the Zornau combo.

Question 13

Answer

Because all it offers is Burst, that’s it. It’s bonuses won’t benefit you that much in PvE, but for PvP they can be very effective. If you want it, you can take 1 point in it from Soar. But I really advise to use it for PvP and Cata, especially due to it’s mobility, which allows to quickly grab it. That is very important too.

What do you think of this fencer build that was not on your list?
Personally I dont like taking up barb 3 so i put corsair in

Barbarian is most useful only on it’s last Circle.
You lose out of Frenzy, more Seism and PvP skills, such as Pouncing and Swing, which go very well with Corsair1, adding tou your potential.

For PvE purposes you better take another build.

hmm okay, would Highlander 2 fit better into that? I saw the patchnotes with Skyliner cooldown which is kind of a turn off which made me put 2 barbs instead.

Actually, I think I can go on with 2 barb for now, then think about getting Another barb for rank 7 or get fencer C2.

Do you think I could sustain flanconnade spamming with potions if it’s maxed?

People should really stop thinking that Highlander equals Skyliner.
Besides Skyliner combo it will give you Skull Swing, the best Armor Break skill in the game.
You will also have Shock with Crown.
AND despite the nerf Skyliner is still strong, giving you LOW cooldown with 3 Overheats and 2 hits.

It’s strong. The main appeal of it is utility with debuffs which scale great into the late game.
And no, you must get HighC3 too for full potential.

Fencer has better skills for spamming than Flancon, but you can, why not. The main appeal of it is Block effect still.

I’m looking for versatile PvE build that can deal with bosses. Can’t decide between first two dragoon builds in OP. Which would be better for such purposes?

Two handed spear ? / sword +shield ?

I plan on using these two builds and have some questions regarding them, feedback would also be appreciated.
First, is this stat allocation fine?
Fencer: Dex 2-Str1-Con extra points from quests etc.
Doppelsöldner: 2Str-Dex1- Con same as Fencer
As Fencer I’m inlined to take peltasta for the swash buckling but I’m not sure, how well do the higher skilled buffs and especially refrain work later in the game? Swash Buckler should be useful at any level.
Also, I couldn’t find out, but is it enough to have used Double Pay Earn and have a party member kill an enemy you’ve already hit before to trigger the buff?

Completely new to the game, so I’m trying to read and watch as much as I can. I’ve looked on a few different websites for builds, but nowhere explains the stat necessity. Only which skills and classes are needed. I always play tanks and healers, and I was looking at building a tank since I’m so new to this game. Glanced over the Fencer Tank build, but any help would be awesome. I’m the worst person at coming up with my own builds.

Restrain’s stun chance works on skills or just with AA’s?

Also, cosair’s iron hook can be used while mounted? And plague doctor anti CC buff only works with status ailment, not with things like knock down, grab?

Since I decided to become a pure pvp Dragoon (sw3>cata3>drag) I have only one question, Is Gung Ho’s attribute works with pure pvp Drag.

@Autentist

“ST spam is better in a long run, Because it allows for more rotation and can be also used while your other skills are on cooldown. Stabbing is better than Pierce. Gae I advise for PvP. Reasons - above, in the Q&A section. And yes, it’s another Weapon Throw skill, why would you need two? Pierce is not really a multihit, it just multiplies the damage, depending on the enemy. Dragoontooth is a true multihit and hits five times.”

How much is damage reduction if you don’t pick up your weapon after ST? Was thinking of investing more in pierce than ST because of this.

Im doing this buid made it by my self and im doing crit and damage with a little bit hp an sp regen.