Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] How to fix login issue (Broken IPF File 03/11/2015)

This is not a fix. It will still happen at random even after it works the first time, so if anything, it’s a very band-aid type of thing. A wet, loose band-aid, mind you. Even just switching characters can cause it to occur.

I’m not sure what the cause is, it’s just very annoying. Getting into the game boils down to pure luck.

arreglan unos bug y dejan otro espero que este problema no se demore mucho o sera un caos

Hold your horses. Regardless of Alpha or Beta, this is still a testing phase and bugs may pop out anywhere. This is why you have Alpha and Beta (Closed Beta then Open Beta), because you don’t expect to solve everything in Alpha stage.

As a developer myself, his “BETA Excuse” is correct and you’re simply making a fool out of yourself.

Nice man, this method really worked. Thanks a lot :grin:

“Do they even log in the game before updating a patch?”

Everyone at IMC logins->None of them get the message->They think there is no bug on the client/the client works perfectly->they update the client and makes us patch->bugs start happening to people randomly.

thank you! very helpful! :smile:

This is not a total fix. There are a few ways that help but none are actual resolutions that work every time.

1)Just retry, you will eventually get in
2)Verify cache, doesn’t do anything other than what the first does, out of 5 tries maybe 1 sees something wrong, still won’t work
3)Reinstall, doesn’t change anything
4)Delete IPF files ,forces repatch, still doesn’t fix anything
5)Choose another server, then choose your main server. This works 50%+ of the time
6)Old method (one posted by OP), works about as good as just restarting the client many times.

thanks , work for me

Nope, didn’t work for me.
Tried changing it to 2, tried changing it back to 1, tried restarting steam after the change, nothing works, it doesn’t even gime de option to choose “ok” or “cancel”, it’s just the same broken IPS files message all the time.
Happens to me only in Laima and Zemyna, btw.

I did it, and still doesn’t work :frowning:

I’m just spamming the enter button and it’s working

the number 5 is the best chance to get in while doing pooh tutorial with window click x wait for 5-10 secs then click cancel… i got in twice using that method… but today its pointless to play as the price of equips is low and the repair is high i dont think u can play for a long time until they fix it

Feedback: After removing my IPF files from patch folder a lot of times,I gave up and went to work.
Now I deleted my user.xml file and the game worked fine :3

Edit: Okay, I got disconected and tryed to login again… I had to remove user.xml again.
This is the file that is making me bug out because I changed the resolution through this thing haha

Could someone tell me what is the original resolution and resolution mode so I can test?

<Resolution mode="1" width="1366" height="768" BitPerPixel="32" VSync="1"/>

Oh LOL, u guys should watch clip more careful.
What is the point of windowed mode if you don’t click on the big red X (exit) on the top right corner?
You think the option will show up by itself?
Please…

Update text introdution.

i guess im late but yeah
spamming the enter button seems like the only way to get into the game

THANK U!
I redownloaded it yesterday and gave up… (feeling so stupid lol) :smile:
Thanks! After changing it into window, it instantly works for me.

So this trick got to use each time I login to the game or no need?

need to use everytime, until they fix the issue.

This game is sure to be my biggest frustration in terms of MMORPGs, anxiety to complete disappointment for sure the game name should change to Tree of Errors, everything bad happened and has been happening and no viable solutions, every day a new problem, a new disappointment! From the fps to problems to log in, every day a new bad history, frustrating, is the best word to define this game, which is unfortunate because it is an idea and a very good proposal, but from what can be seen only in theory, in practice, the game does not run, and worse, infinitely worse, there is no really effective and functional support, for example, I have that problem on the login screen from the beginning of test solution? No! nothing! And now this further, that for nothing in the world can not solve, the solution is trying to go to someone in the forums of life to the fact that patience is exhausted.