Tree of Savior Forum

Guaranteed CBT spot for Translators

i second the notion of this

The developer shall ask every translator to show their works.
That way, the developer can filter and evaluate which translator has the right to get the free access (That means translators with the most work).

2 Likes

Every contribution is publicly visible on Github: https://github.com/Treeofsavior/EnglishTranslation/graphs/contributors

3 Likes

Good call out @vegax87

There you go! We can look all of our translators works there. Guess vegax87 is one of the potential candidates. Thanks a lot for your hardwork! :thumbsup:

2 Likes

@Erokhi This sounds like a lot of unneccesary extra work for the developers, when it is likely that all - or atleast most - of the translators will get a space in the beta test anyway.

@vegax87 And i feared that - if the developers would use github to see who is a translator - “freeloaders” would simply log into github to get a spot.

Oh, and how far is the whole translation progress, anyway?

Yes, I changed my opinion. There is already a site that we can visit to see our translator’s works. The developer just simply visit that site and note all the translators with high contributions.

1 Like

@NoElement Quests are the most difficult part because we can’t translate names directly and we need to wait IMCGames to provide us the english names of NPCs and locations, after that we proofread the quest dialogues

There are some blank lines in QUEST_LV_0200_en.tsv and QUEST_en.tsv that must be completed before International beta

2 Likes

That sounds logical.

I just thought that if github has these detailed informations, somewhere in there i would find an % on progress, but if there isn’t, thats fine too.

…it is funny that while i write this, your post gets updated right in front of my eyes. I really like these forums.

From that update it seems that the translation is very close to being finished, so thats nice to hear!

This is the most stupid thread I’ve found at this moment

1. It won’t be closed beta
  2. Bruh the client is OTC, you will be able to do translations in real time, this is the main reason I didn’t involve myself with github translation.

Facepalm

He is right guys. I completly forgot about that. Exitement does make you blind.

Though, it is really that dumb?

Ok even if its not “Closed Beta Test” it will still be a beta test so my statement holds no matter the wording.

As for your 2nd point that was my whole point in allowing the translators in… so they can edit in real time, fix lines that drag on, edit lines that don’t sound good, and get a context for the quests in-game. Then they can upload a lot of the fixes to IMC/GitHub instead of just seeing the text in a text file. So I don’t really get the whole point about this being the stupidest thread you have found.

1 Like

It actually matters, if it is closed beta is way more relevant because you are giving spots to those participants. Reminds me of the early days of twitter where everyone was looking to get the translator badge.

Do you think by the time the open translation client is out only the github translators will work on that?, may be their work can be dumped by the beta players changing everything to their likes.

Okay and don’t you think it would be better that people that want to help translate the game in every language have a guaranteed spot in a beta? They, as well as IMC, are the ones who are helping YOU play the game in your native language. That’s more than enough reason to give the few people who actually work actively on translations (If you visited the GitHub you will notice its not 100000’s of people. Its only a handful of people) beta access to the game. No matter if its CBT, iCBT, OBT, Alpha, whatever version it is named. Hypothetically speaking if there’s 20k slots open for people to register for beta and have a chance to participate in, I doubt giving guaranteed spots for less than 50 people will harm the game, you, or IMC. As a matter of fact it would HELP you because they would be actively making your game experience easier.

As for the OTC client, I dont know anything about a separate client. I know OTC is in the game client itself, which is my point of guaranteeing people who VOLUNTEERED there time into the Beta version of the game.

Sorry but I can’t understand you on the last part. I never mentioned a separated client, the default client will contain the translation tools so everyone will be able to contribute to that.

Also the bold words
#IS REALLY THAT NECESSARY TO POINT ME LIKE THIS?!

Good for you that spent time there on Github, for me I don’t have time to do that, I prefeer to play and do the translation on real time, which I know all the people of TOSgame will contribute on doing. I just don’t like when people start claiming unannounced rewards just because they something voluntary. If that is the case then I demand to have a lot of gold after the beta ends because #YOLO I played a game and did translations during the beta on real time.

Now, now, guys. There’s no need for the heat debate.
Chaosbelow just want to give his thoughts about how to appreciate the translators hardwork. Simple as that.
As for Oriceles, you don’t need to call this thread stupid. That’s a bit harsh I think. Chaosbelow probably doesn’t know all the informations regarding the international test being not Close Beta or the client is OTC (Even I don’t know that). So, you just need to kindly tell him about that.
You also don’t have to point out at Oriceles, Chaosbelow. I know how you feel, but just keep your cool bro. Keep the discussion healthy and we’re good. :smile:

2 Likes

Last I checked the GitHub was a swirling mass of incompetence. Korean speakers that can’t use English well. English speakers (some of whom were either ESL or had the skills of an ESL user) “fixing” poor English translations while having no knowledge of what the actual tense or nuances of the original text were. Like the most nightmarish game of telephone.

If you’re looking for some reward for your efforts, realize there are people in the community that spent months or years of their personal time to support the game with translations or general fansites and didn’t even receive a ‘Thank you’ from IMC. Let alone anything but ridicule and disdain from the ToS community. Most of them probably aren’t even around anymore. So give yourselves a nice pat on the back for your Google translate abilities and poor language cognition, and then make way for people to actually fix the text in-game where they have more clues to go off of than poorly worded fragments in the repository.

1 Like

I knew there was an OTC, that is my entire point to give a guaranteed spot to translators. With the OTC it will make it easier for them. As for it not being CBT for international, that is more of a open to interpretation thing. I dont care what sort of beta it is: Alpha, OBT, CBT, Invite, Focus group, etc. Either way I believe they should have a guaranteed spot. This is a unique situation in which IMC games has given us the tools to help translate the game. They have asked for our help to translate the game and it is completely voluntary to do so. And if you chose to not do it through GitHub and just do it in-game to your native language well then you will be translating from English to (Insert your native language). So the people who did the original translation from Korean to English are the ones still helping you. Unless you know Korean feel free to take a crack at translating it to whatever language you please. If I am not mistaken it was IMCs intent to get help with the translation to English and then from the English translations to any other native language. So the translators have helped start that. As for the quality of translations I cannot speak on the matter since I don’t speak or read Korean so I can’t really tell if its accurate. Vega or one of the other major contributors might be able to enlighten us on the translation accuracy.

I do recall people on the GitHub having a discussion about not allowing Google translate because it will jumble it up worse. And as for the fan sites that was never asked for, they never are asked for. IMC asked for our help to translate and gave us the tools.

Hello, I just seen this topic. Are inside the plans of ToS offer the game in Spanish? If so, I could help with the translation of the game from english to spanish, and try contact with some friends to help too. Despite I’m not too good writing in english, I’m good at translating, I’ve been translating several things in the past.

And which translating engine is using the forum? Bing? Google? Just asking because I can ensure that bing is WAY WORSE than Google, specially if we are talking to translate any asian language, I was using Bing on Twitter for translate chinese, corean and specially japanese because Bing is integrated, and for the god sake, it seemed like the asian languages were discovered yesterday.

And another thing, with connecting inside the website with my G+ once, is enough to enter in the CBT lotto? Do I need make another account or something? I haven’t used my G+ for connect on other game sites so I’m not sure about this.

Thanks in advance for the reply.