Tree of Savior Forum

Guaranteed CBT spot for Translators

I believe everyone should have a fair chance but major contributors that have worked on translations on GitHub should be guaranteed in the iCBT so they can help translate in-game and get a better context for what the text is trying to say. It will be easier to format the translations for them. They are the true saviors here because without them we might have been waiting years just to see a translated Tree of Savior. And I am sure everyone is all too familiar with how long translation can take. I myself plan on working through the game to clear up a lot of translations even though I don’t know Korean.

12 Likes

I hate to say this, but I agree that contributors should have some appreciations from the developer for all their works. Not that I have contributed myself, but I wish those contributors get what they deserve.

That’s a fair point, they did put in a lot of work to get it out to all of us waiting for it.

Just knowing the game is able to be released much faster thanks to translators is gucci enough. I don’t think CBT should matter much…but if it was something like pre-alpha then it would be a cool reward for them.

I also think this should be the case, these people have being doing a great job so far helping everyone that wishes to play in english! :thumbsup:

arent the translators a bigger crowd instead of some single persons, as they opened to everyone?

I wholeheartedly agree.

But, how would you know who is a translator or not?

i second the notion of this

The developer shall ask every translator to show their works.
That way, the developer can filter and evaluate which translator has the right to get the free access (That means translators with the most work).

2 Likes

Every contribution is publicly visible on Github: https://github.com/Treeofsavior/EnglishTranslation/graphs/contributors

3 Likes

Good call out @vegax87

There you go! We can look all of our translators works there. Guess vegax87 is one of the potential candidates. Thanks a lot for your hardwork! :thumbsup:

2 Likes

@Erokhi This sounds like a lot of unneccesary extra work for the developers, when it is likely that all - or atleast most - of the translators will get a space in the beta test anyway.

@vegax87 And i feared that - if the developers would use github to see who is a translator - “freeloaders” would simply log into github to get a spot.

Oh, and how far is the whole translation progress, anyway?

Yes, I changed my opinion. There is already a site that we can visit to see our translator’s works. The developer just simply visit that site and note all the translators with high contributions.

1 Like

@NoElement Quests are the most difficult part because we can’t translate names directly and we need to wait IMCGames to provide us the english names of NPCs and locations, after that we proofread the quest dialogues

There are some blank lines in QUEST_LV_0200_en.tsv and QUEST_en.tsv that must be completed before International beta

2 Likes

That sounds logical.

I just thought that if github has these detailed informations, somewhere in there i would find an % on progress, but if there isn’t, thats fine too.

…it is funny that while i write this, your post gets updated right in front of my eyes. I really like these forums.

From that update it seems that the translation is very close to being finished, so thats nice to hear!

This is the most stupid thread I’ve found at this moment

1. It won’t be closed beta
  2. Bruh the client is OTC, you will be able to do translations in real time, this is the main reason I didn’t involve myself with github translation.

Facepalm

He is right guys. I completly forgot about that. Exitement does make you blind.

Though, it is really that dumb?

Ok even if its not “Closed Beta Test” it will still be a beta test so my statement holds no matter the wording.

As for your 2nd point that was my whole point in allowing the translators in… so they can edit in real time, fix lines that drag on, edit lines that don’t sound good, and get a context for the quests in-game. Then they can upload a lot of the fixes to IMC/GitHub instead of just seeing the text in a text file. So I don’t really get the whole point about this being the stupidest thread you have found.

1 Like

It actually matters, if it is closed beta is way more relevant because you are giving spots to those participants. Reminds me of the early days of twitter where everyone was looking to get the translator badge.

Do you think by the time the open translation client is out only the github translators will work on that?, may be their work can be dumped by the beta players changing everything to their likes.