Tree of Savior Forum

Greedy people everywhere

I don’t really know your point moving around the Bush or you did play the game , you said things like out of this topic makes me feel you like retarded players out there , you like a players that put salt into anyone salt and wakeup buddy . First thing first u hitting point of 20m but people just try their luck with their token and you got problem , then second people not afford to buy 20m token some undercut price sell lower you also got problem , can u be straight forward tell everyone here if is not in this topic you can feel free make another one dude

What do you mean afford/subscribe to play TOS? It’s f2p.

2 Likes

It’s free to play not free to token.

1 Like

Did you actually say this with a straight face? even if you play an hour or two a day its still a crazy amount.

5 Likes

1h or 2 is enough to do your saalus. F2P player can have 4 char and even more if he is there since begining. With one char you get around 550k (F2P market fee included, 2 * 190-200k * 0.7 + 150k). 4*430 = 1.7M a day within an hour of play time (4char can be easily done in less than 30min). That let you an hour to farm something else which could get you another 2M. Even if you don’t consider this you get your token in about 10 days playing 30min per day (disclaimer : if you can’t deal with daily instance like saalus this game is probably not for you tbh, not saying it in a mean way but daily instance farm is one of the basis of this game and this will probably never change).
Edit : I changed the value because I forgot about the 2 shards per char for no token player.
Edit2: Then after first month comes the daily earn with token and still 4 chars : (3 * 190-200k * 0,9 + 150k) * 4 = 2.6M per day, you get your token in 8 days.

1 Like

I wonder what you guys do when playing ToS, stay 2 hours everyday sitting on Klaipeda showing your looks, taking screenshots and chatting?
I don’t know what you do to NOT earn silver when everything in the game reward you with silver(or items that can be converted to silver), even if you do Challenge Mode once a day (that’s less than 20min) at least 3 times per week you will be able to buy your token every month without problems.

2 Likes

There is NO inflation. Inflation doesn’t exists in video games. It’s something attached to monetary issue by states and central banks when printing money. It is true that, when a change happens, there is more money going around and easier to get, but that is a one time thing and doesn’t have a big impact really. Inflation would be something over time, so each day prices are higher, always. Well, doesn’t happen here, in fact some prices got lower and that was related to server population more than anything.

There is a lot of bots going around and that is a problem for economy and unethical. No fair play.

1 Like

then it’s not free to play.

Interesting, this should beg the question though, SHOULD completely new players be allowed to get tokens easily?

Having the free token available for new players is already a huge benefit that Imc didn’t even need to add in. Tokens are meant to either be for paying players or players who farm enough to afford one on the market.

Back when it was 300k-500k Tokens when server started, 300k-500k was a MASSIVE AMOUNT at that point of time.

Now tos is a f2p game:
Can you still play the game without paying a single cent? (Yes)
Can you get extra benefits from getting a token? (Yes).

Of course the argument of what type of token benefits is another matter alltogether and should be discussed.(I’m looking at you trade counts).

The argument of “people should not be allowed to sell tokens on the market for tons of silver” is quite literally retarded imo.

Would you rather have:
A: Tokens not being allowed to be sold on market thereby limiting token access for the greater half of the population and all f2p players.
B: Allow tokens to be sold but cap the price to x. This would result in a few things, first of all who decides the cap price and how would they know it’s the best price for a cap value of token? If the price is too little then people would not sell it on the market resulting in no token flow going to the greater amount of players.

Remember literally nobody would want to sell tokens for “charity” prices in an online mmo game like tos, or if people do it’s only a few tokens and a very few amount of people.

Currently it is actually very easy to make silver even just doing dailies alone and not counting the other things you can do in the game atm. remember, you technically don’t NEED a token to PLAY Tree of savior. (efficiency or otherwise is a different matter)

I do agree however, that silver inflation is a thing in this game and should be addressed.
Part of this is actually due to the games core features, Have you seen attribute prices? they are basically silver sinks that can take tons of silver to max out, not to mention other silver sink factors(reroll costs for cubes etc).

One of the reasons why people sell at higher prices now than before is because there is more silver cost and flow in the game, therefore selling at a low price quite frankly isn’t worth the time anymore.

I think that instead of something like “should tokens be sellable on the market / easily accessible to new players”, the question or argument should be rephrased to “what can we turn tokens into so that they are still wanted by players but not too detrimental for general gameplay”

5 Likes

Token
Applies Token benefits to all your characters in the server for 30 days. Right-click to use.
[Token Benefits]

• Able to learn attributes instantaneously
  • Reduced Market commission fee (30% 10%)
  • Able to list up to 10 items on the Market
  • +3 increased character movement
  • +30% EXP from hunting monsters
  • Able to use Premium Gestures
  • Increased maximum buff count
  • Able to use Personal Trade up to 30 times
  • 1 extra instance entry for missions and dungeons

Though it doesn’t say, only token users can deposit silver to team storage. This exclusive effect should be removed if the game wants it to be F2P friendly. Also maybe reduce the ludicrous waiting time for attribute learning.

I know little about how economy works but certainly the removable/adjustment of token price cap is not favorable to general populace and even more to newcomers and returnees. It may increase IMC’s current TP sales but will hurt its playerbase in the longrun.

Currently the Token effects are as follows as explained by @Seiran

• Able to learn attributes instantaneously:
  • Reduced Market commission fee (from 30% to 10%)
  • Able to list up to 10 items on the Market:
  • +3 increased character movement speed.
  • Able to use Personal Trade up to 30 times.
  • 1 extra instance entry for missions and dungeons.
  • team storable silver

Alot of this is in the grey area but here are some proposals to change the token effect to make it worthwhile for players to keep buying tokens but not so much as to completely break gameplay

• Able to learn attributes instantaneously
  • Reduced Market commission fee (from 30% to 10%)
  • Able to list up to 10 items on the Market:
  • +3 increased character movement speed.
  • Able to use Personal Trade up to 30 times.
  • 1 extra instance entry for missions and dungeons.

To:

• Able to learn attributes instantaneously - Change this to make the attributes take like 10 or 20 seconds to level instead of a few minutes without tokens, its still an amount of time that might feel annoying enough to justify getting a token but not long enough to need it
  • Reduced Market commission fee (from 20% to 10%) - reducing general fee to 20% and the make it from 20-10% feels more fair to general players
  • Able to list up to 20 items on the market - letting general players list up to 10 and token users list 20 feels more dynamic than currently where it feels more like a chore to use the market for them
  • +3 increased character movement speed. - Keeping this effect feels ok to me tbh, its not too much of an issue
  • Able to use Premium Gestures - this fine to keep, but perhaps add way more dynamic emotes and dances/effects so it feels more fun to use
  • Personal Trade no effect - personal trade is allowed between all players now and no restrictions, imc used to justify this by saying its for combatting bots, but at this point its more of a detrement for players than bots itself, therefore make trade possible between characters with no restrictions and DONT NEED A TOKEN for it
  • 1 extra instance entry for missions and dungeons. - this is fine as it isnt too game breaking but not too bad of an effect either
  • Team storage silver changed - Make it possible for all users to store silver in team storage, maybe make it so that without token u can store max 400m, with token u can store max 600m in storage?
  • Access to preview or try new costumes for a day - a feature to trial new costumes for exactly 1 day so people know if its worth to buy it permanently or not and make it like able to be trialed only once per week or something so people dont abuse it
  • Unique title - Perhaps a special title that users can show on the forums/in game that says “game supporter” or something, nothing too fancy but might be nice
  • 1 Free Leticia or Goddess cube per month - might be debatable if this is game breaking or not, but maybe imc can gift token users 1 goddess cube or letecia cube per month just as a tease or reward for game supporters

Of course these are just random ideas but hopefully something that can be discussed a little :satisfaction:

4 Likes

You said 240kk(240mil) token isn’t that expensive. Who’s farming 240 mil a month just for 1 token with no problems?

Did you mean to say 24kk(24mil)?

@Spaghetti
i think hes talking about 240m for a years worth of token time not a single month

1 Like

Ahhh ok makes sense.

Making Buy Shop item trad-able/sell-able was the first major step in the wrong direction. This is verbatim how IRO decent into darkness began

Not to be rude, but I will disagree on you on this one. I do think there is inflation in this game because a currency exists. What you’re talking about is Monetary Policy. If we restrict our definition of inflation to be the result of manipulating government standards on the exchange of money, then yes there is no inflation in video games. The problem with this is that even before the concept of a monetary policy existed (no less central banks), societies have already experienced the effects of inflation such as when the Spanish began flooding the European market with cheap gold from the New World or when the Austrians began circulating debased currency during the Thirty Years’ war to fund wartime efforts.

Honestly, I think we can be pretty liberal with the definition of inflation as the effect of exchange (“monetary velocity”) and money supply. The only difference is that the nature of the currency is different. That is, the currency is a form of infinite “energy” unregulated by government policy–kind of like Bitcoin. In fact, so far, silver in ToS has behaved a lot like Bitcoin which is why it’s so fascinating (except, unlike Bitcoin, silver can “exit” the system as energy does due to entropy whereas Bitcoin continues to be traded). However, I don’t know much of this field so I’ll keep it at that.

3 Likes

Haven’t read yet the latest comments so I’m sorry if I will repeat something that was already mentioned, but IMC needs to remove a couple of restrictions from non token users:

1)silver storing in team storage
2)market tax and number of slots in market
3)possibility to trade without getting your stuff become untradable

If tokens keep on raising their price, more and more players will be without it, and won’t be able to participate in the game’s economy. The first week trade/market restrictions too make a shitton of new players quit, and apparently none of those restrictions have been even minimally effective against bots and gold sellers. Admit defeat and remove them entirely, just have active GMs in game and perma ban bots at the blink of an eye. Restrictions shoo lots of players away, and this is before mentioning the performance issues in certain areas of the game (on which you are improving more and more though).

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.