Tree of Savior Forum

Greedy people everywhere

Relax things take times to form like market if you don’t buy them eventually alots token the will float in market then price will drop slowly eventually , until you afford to buy by time if you can’t buy means there are hell alot of ppl are farming hard core to get it too or maybe you also can call these hardcore farmer as whale like you all love to judge and why not right ! , by the way greedy people everywhere means including everyone here though ?.

Oops, I meant to reply directly to @alavien1 comment where they were saying OP says they MUST sell for 10mil where as the OP never said that. Op didn’t bring in the number 10 mil to this post. People are bringing in 10 mil and not saying much about how 20 mil a token looks to newer players.

1 Like

To be fair newbies can still quite well farm good amount of silver by doing 300dung with all 4 of their characters until they reach high levels. (Or 3 if they wanna speed up one of them.) I know this only works for so long but surely would help get your first token in a reasonable time. Questing also gives a hefty amount of silver for beginners.

I think 20m is too much personally for the current inflation but 10m is reasonable.
There’s also doing saalus and selling shards and you could also sell your practs for some early benefit.

After getting started they need to obviously move onto the methods others use.

There’s of course the problem of learning these methods and doing it in the most efficient way.

Make a farmer char 330+ in a few days (back to when token were worth 250-300k you needed about a month playing few hours a day to reach end game level) then go farm 350mats (1M income silver guaranteed and on average 10-20mats which are worth 100k ea. per hour with a Thauma not even well geared).
I don’t know for you but when I’m about to play a new mmo I try to inform myself how to improve fast before I actually play the game.
250k token should never have been a thing in first place, it just stands there for a long time because GM took too much to adapt tp items price limit to our economy in game.

I rmb back when i was really new, i was simply enjoying the game by focusing on my
“main”. I was thinking those veterans were really really hardcore for having over 4 toons.
I was still able to afford a token using farm from 1 character.

Looks like a really bad time for a newbie to fund token via silver.
2016: 1 toon, <2 weeks , time spent online: 1-2 hours
2018: 4 toon , < 2 weeks , 3 - 4 hours

times are hard…
poor…new players

It’s tree of alts. :tired:

Also doesn’t require that many hours p sure you can do daily saalus and dung runs in 2hours, especially without token.

Rlly? I do not agree with you so I am instantly a “whale”?
FYI i’ve never bought TPs, I only bought the Early Acess pack and never had any problems in buying tokens, and will gladly buy other if I need for 15kk or whatever, it isn’t that hard to make money in the game, maybe if you are starting now, but if that’s the case, buy your first token for money and then if you play for a reasonable amount of time you will not have problems with paying 11~15kk on your next token.

edit: Tbh I think you get something like 1 month free token doing things as a newbie (TP trader quest, adv journal etc), also if you start a new account you get aditional days of free token in the event package.

That’s what I do, I would never spend my money to earn shtty amount of silver, and that’s why I don’t recommend to people (especially friends) to buy tokens and put to sell on the market, thats not worth, better buy some gachas and sell the items for much more silver.

That sir, is the very reason why token lost its value…
Thank you for pointing that out.

Rmb days before gacha cubes? Token “had” value and was affordable

We know it’s tree of alts, but do these newbies? This game is about using multiple alts to properly fund 1 main lol. They are likely to focus more on their main exploring the lore and fields instead getting into tree of chores and building 3 or 4 saalus slaves imo.

People who like to trade real money for ingame currency didn’t have many options back then, I remember people used to sell only tokens or enchant scrolls, rarely costumes.
I don’t blame them now that they have more and better options and are worth more, after all it’s their money.

Well in this case you don’t even need a token. Token is rather useless unless you feel like you need to maximize benefits from saalus/dungs/et/raid etc. (Which most people obviously do.)
I know people who have played without a token just fine.

1 Like

oooh damn sorry man I offended your sensitive ass feeling with gtfo over the internet. just so you know that’s just a figure of speech, genius.

spend them all you want, nobody cares. just don’t sell your overpriced gacha stuff in market.

of course you want me to look like a bad guy here cause im against your 20m token lol. where is your proof that I don’t give a damn 'bout new players? you seem desperate here posting assumptions. FYI I love this game and I want it to survive for a long time and getting new players is a start to make the game lively again. but if you kept selling your overpriced gacha cause all you think about is yourself getting rich in game in a few mins and not actually playing this game, tos will slowly die.

are we playing the same game? lmao don’t exaggerate stuff just so you can push your 20m token.

also it seems like you forget about the market tax for none token players lol.

yea its easy as selling 20m token. gtfo

yes, i didn’t saw it. thanks for clarifying them.

you’re a whale no matter what lol i mean who in their right mind would agree on 20m token unless you sell them yourself. so yea stop your BS.

1 Like

Not disputing any of this. Again, all of my comments have been in regards to 20 mil tokens vs newbies and people saying how easy it is to get 20 mil and that this is tree of alts.

We know all this but what about the newbies? That 20 mil price tag, like op said, may not look so good to newbies. You may think token is rather useless aside from the uses that you mentioned, but new players may run into the 30% tax, 1 item in market, rrade restrictions, attribute times before they are concerned with maximizing the dung/raid benefits of tokens.

For the purposes of this thread, I’m looking at usefulness vs price of tokens for newbies.

IMHO, people know that. Both the seller of the token and some new player and the people on this thread. I think it is the case we see the token as a finance aid or even a way to pay IMC for the service they provide (the servers online, support, translation, fee and taxes, the intellectual property to Nexon, etc)

A token is pretty damn crucial for attribute learning if you dont want to wait for 2019 to max out all your essential attributes on your first characters. All these veterans talking about getting 20m is easy, because they have knowledge of how to farm silver efficiently and stuff. A new player shouldnt be forced to make a farmer character and farm a fuckton when theyre just getting started on building their characters, just to afford access to trading and market (non-token market tax is not worth at all) which are basic features in other MMOs.

7 Likes

If the main problem is about new players who can’t afford token why nobody suggested that any new player should receive a free 1 month token so they can reach a point where they understand the game enough to get their next token fast in market as veteran ? I’ve see a lot of anger but no real suggestion till now (if i’m blind sorry then).
Don’t get me wrong, in my server token are worth 10M ea. and I’m fine with it even if I would be ok if it was worth more. (because 1 month of premium isn’t a thing that should be easy to get in first place). On the other hand I also think token has advantage that should be provide to everyone (for example the market fee or instant attributes level up).
The price of token isn’t a problem. The token and what it provides is the problem itself. People would still buy token even if they removed both advantage I listed above.
If you want to complain about something, fine. But then come with suggestion, not only anger and stop be salty against people who doesn’t agree with you. (internet isn’t an excuse for impoliteness)

Yeah I have said I don’t think 20mil is good at all and the inflation shouldnt be that high up yet. :confused:

It’s not that I disagree with this but it just doesn’t work in the reality we have. The bestcase scenario is imc lifting these restrictions further which I don’t see happening. Otherwise it’s extremely difficult to provide an easy in-game way to obtain token in a reasonable time/way.
Well it worked better with less inflation obviously. But as time goes on and inflation goes higher people who sell tokens demand higher price limits for token. I think people would refuse to sell tokens for 5m (old limit) currently as it’s way too unprofitable for those selling it. Besides it’s easy to abuse for those with a lot of silver.
I do think 20m is too much and hope the price drops for whatever server it’s happening at but if the inflation continues it might be a reality for all servers at some point. (Hopefully not.)

Token in the end is a premium item primarily ment to be bought by real money not by in-game currency. The fact it’s sold in market is already a huge benefit for free players which I think a lot of people here seem to forget.
(Protesting non-token restrictions I don’t have a problem with.)

2 Likes

Its really unlikely, but i hope they will rethink attribute learning time, market tax and untradability to not be tokenbound anymore.
With how IMC shifted their profiting from selling token subscription to gacha cubes as primary income, i think it would be healthy for both the playerbase and server economy to cut down on token reliance for basic mmo interaction. (I dont mind the less runs/shards and other stuff)

4 Likes

imo the only way to drop its absurd 20m pricetag is to drop the 99TP cost for it.

I can only see the price increasing for now on. The fact is we have less players, less ppl buying tp and more people are concentrating silver.

Actually after the last pokemon event I saw for the first time items costing 80m or more in silute. Aspana price increased 2 times and the largest guilds farmed 999999999+ blessed shards to carry people in this event. Including the already famous Isabela and her guild, which got extremely rich by scamming people to buy “her” buffs.

So, every time a single token is posted on market (mostly by rare “new players” who want quick silver) those people fight hard to buy it (of course, if you have virtually infinite silver, why buy tp?) and the prices increases almost exponentially.

1 Like