Tree of Savior Forum

Good Cryomancer/Psycho/Linker Build?

It’s not true, pyro here not for faster pp+iw, fireballs not affect the speed of “splashing icewalls’ shards”, it’s optional rank 7 besides WL.

• WL choice maintain good DPS in WB obviously, especially with new mechanics ranking (you need to maintain damage, or take damage to be counted “in combat” - you are “out-of-combat” when you not deal/take damage over 10s).
  • Pyro choice got Flame ground, fireballs+pp instead of DT. DT has attribute, fieballs+pp combo does not rely on attribute - fireballs’ splash not count fireballs’- attribute.
    ~> At maximum power, WL choice has more powerful (especially, at boss ranking now). Pyro choice is cheaper choice.
1 Like

Hm, so the build is good before seven?

Does linker help with DPS? Not familiar with warlock, so I can’t really tell.

Deciding between the elementalist build and cryo. Seems like elementalist is a bit more versatile? Still have yet to be recommended cryo kino for pve.

Also, is IW positioned using the mouse?

linker combos with magic missile from wizard 3

joint penalty into hangmans knot and then magic missile. easily get rid of 5 enemies very quickily.

this is to help with leveling ofcourse( moving through the map and doing good damage to dungeon mobs or just using joint penalty for mobs)

Joint penalty is not really for bossing so you wont really see much use for this build until at least rank 6, level 176. But getting there shouldnt be hard with the linker wiz combo. (it is still pretty good even after nerf in ktos)

That’s true, but I was reading another thread and it basically concluded that electronic 3 and wl 2 was the best way to go.

Either way, if I wanted linker, wouldn’t it be at 7th because ele mobbing seems alright.

Another thread about C1 linker synergy with elementalist : Elementalist / Linker question

I’m really leaning on the ele + warlock build for now. Has some of the CC of cryo + linker with more DPS and versatility (electrocute basically works like JP, no?)

I dont know, If you think about the other classes that you could pick like warlock, featherfoot etc, after ele 3, there seems to be plenty of choices but if damage from ele 3 is good enough then linking targets to boost damage to groups seems better in my opinion.

After seeing how warlock c2 is, I’m not sure if it is worth going warlock 1. Featherfoot might be good but that will be for wiz 3, link 2, or pyro 2, link 2 builds.

joint penalty is not like electrocute.

Joint penalty copies damage done to any single mob in the link and does it to all of them at the same time.

So either joint penalty into hangmans knot and then electrocute

or

JP into hangmans into magic missile

but basically JP, hangmans and then damage.

electrocute does chained damage, joint penalty copies that damage and applies it again to all other linked targets. This is why linker is such good “support” (damage amplifier to groups of enemies, even when you have 2 bosses, just link them.)

Where would I fit that in the build? The only skills that work with JP are electrocute and magic missile because of the AoE nerf.

Aoe nerf? I saw in ktos vid that frost cloud still damages targets that are in JP.

But as for where would you fit it in that build, you can either place it at rank 7, or go with it at rank 3. If you go with linker at rank 3, your ele 3 wont deal much damage till rank 6( level 176+) and this is only when you are trying to deal damage to bosses because ele’s damage only becomes noticeable at ele 2 and above.

I just dont think warlock is very worth it, but feel free to ignore the linker stuff and choose warlock, there are no perfect builds.( warlock is for pvp and in PVE, it can be used to stack more damage on bosses if you want ie, pole of agony on top of frost cloud and hail)

It was mentioned in the link a few comments above, about the C1 linker synergy with linker.

I really like the linker class, but it seems to not work out for any non-support builds…

EDIT: here: Elementalist / Linker question

How does it “not work for non-support builds”?

or are you talking about linker+cryo builds?

Oops, let me specify. I meant specifically for builds with Elementalist, because practically all their skills are AoE (besides electrocute + magic missile), so JP falls a bit compared to Invocation.

I see what you mean, but if you want to help the team in dungeons with some JP then its pretty good seeing how there is Ele 3 for good boss damage and JP for team support at the same time, just that you wont get that with warlock but to each his own.

magic missile CD=17s
JP cooldown= 22s

so to me its not that bad especially when at endgame when trying to clear up groups of mobs ( 5 of them) really quickily.

invocation has a 60 second cooldown but im not sure if the damage is good so assuming it does good damage then warlock might be pretty good especially in pvp. (without anti dark necklace)

1 Like

Ah, I get what you mean now. I’ll keep an eye out for both Warlock and Linker Rank 7 feedback as I go through the game.

Thanks for the explanations, it really helps :slight_smile:

do you know if pyro is a must in the wiz3>cryo>psy>rune caster build at rank 7?

NO! Pyro is an optional.
WL provide more single-target damage. The important thing is: you can maintain damage deal better (bossing afk rule)

I see, i was under the impression that a lot of damage from runecasters with icewall pp and fireball comes from fireball+pp combo.

Single target, it’s good. I’m casual player with standard gear, still can deal around 2~3m with rune :slight_smile:

With Warlock 2 being so below-average, should we bet on Warlock 3 being awesome or try something else?