Tree of Savior Forum

Good bye Tree of Slavior

Inspired by a few others who have loved the game, but cannot bring themselves to continue on with its downward spiral of “WT! is IMC doing?!”, I am also contributing with perhaps one of my final posts to the forum. You may just read this for laughs because I think it summarizes things well enough. I’m making a parody of Tree of —, so don’t take things so seriously.

I am writing this as I am queued up for mission dungeons.

Preamble:
I was gifted with a the cheapest Founder’s pack to enter the pre-access. I was introduced to ToS via a friend who said it was going to be the spritual successor of RO. I’ve played Talesweaver (KOR&JPN) before and enjoyed the idea of going through a journey and storyline, so I figured ToS would be a good substitute because the NA release never came out.

I enjoyed the questing up until it got…why am I dressed up like a demon again? (Tenet Chapel, Main Chamber), and why am I running across the fields of Srautas Gorge and Nefritas Cliff to pull a barrier string for the Pantos all for a sparkly cube and no EXP card (Receptionist Liam), why am I constantly channel hopping for kills and … it’s another freaking bot brigade on all channels (Crystal Mines, Gele Plateau, etc)

Tree of Saviour?
The NPCs in this game all treat me like an errand boy.
Picking herbs, digging for rocks, desecrating graves, breaking coffins, killing XX monsters, running back and forth in the map 4 times, repeating quests, getting tricked by demons, DOING OTHER PEOPLE’S JOBS repeatedly, etc…

Every revelation I get from Laima is a two liner telling me how she foresaw everything and that I needed to save her. Go to the next hidden revelation and I’ll tell you more…>_>…

Henceforth, Tree of Slaviour.
P.S. I know this is suppose to be a grindy MMO, but some things are just ridiculous.

In no particular order, I present to you:

1. Tree of Solo:
We’ve heard this one before. Finding someone to quest with is hard because so many people are in different progressions of the quest line. And if you have a dedicated party of friends who will not level/quest without you, then consider yourself super lucky. I’ve asked people to party quest whenever I see them on the map and I’ve only party quested 3 times ever in my level 148 career. Dungeons and daily mission runs are the only form of consistent partying and playing with other people.

Monster kill counts aren’t shared in a party either so it doesn’t benefit one to be in a party to fulfill that part of the adventure log. Between a 2 member party trying to finish counts for a 100+ count monster…you will be on that map for a much longer time than you want…longer if you want all the collection drops.

2: Tree of Queue
Searching for a party…You’ll automatically enter upon completion.

Usually, a 10-15 minute isn’t too bad, but if you can’t get into the dungeon due to EXCESSIVE INSTANCE DUNGEON COUNT, then why bother having these instances?

Just wondering how long I’ll queue for…LOL

3. Tree of Arde Dagger,Tree of Talt

The Arde Dagger, coveted treasure from the L90 dungeon run. No wonder people just want to boss rush, IT MAKES SENSE!
With that being said, folks of all levels are boss rushing for that single cube drop and filling up the instance count to the max. I don’t know what the odds of getting an Arde Dagger are, but getting it means a whole of trading leverage and much faster leveling, especially for the cleric class.

Which brings me to the Talt, the cube consolation prize, and the currency for guilds. It also makes for decent trading leverage (in lieu of silver) if you have enough of them…

4.Tree of DPS
Let’s face it, the support classes don’t gain silver or get as many drops like DPS classes do. I believe there is a topic on this already. I haven’t had the opportunity to reach to rank 7 yet where the DPS may improve for the support classes, but one thing for sure is: There are no offensive skills for the Chronomancer, but that class changes battle potential like crazy. Support classes need more love and DPS classes need less glory. Aside from the screwy round robin distribution of loot, how else can a Support class get anything?

Everyone might as well be making meta build archers and wizards for DPS…??

5. Tree of Bugs

Don’t even know where to begin…

Getting stuck on a map, game crashing from a skill, going to character lodge to fix your bugs, ice wall staying alive forever, …

6. Tree of RIPOFF

Many of us know this as the pricing for the new DLC packs offered for beginners and veterans. $35 USD for almost nothing. Reset scrolls aren’t that valuable, an extra 5x3 runs just means more talt. With enough of our blatant complaints, IMC decided to drop the price of a token to 99TP, thus allowing the beginners to be able to purchase a token for themselves. And then I read about how the Beginner’s Token is bugged and trade restricted…why sell a half full product that doesn’t even work?

Cost of costumes in TP? How many DLC packs do you need to buy to get enough TP for all your cosmetic needs? IMC finally released the TP only bundles, but at that pricing…everyone might as well have stockpiled Founder packs when they were at 50% off - which I’m sure some folks here have.

7, Tree of Token

Yet another form of in game currency because you can trade it for many things, the Arde Dagger, in particular.

But probably the most beneficial Token benefit is listing up to 10 items in the AH. Being able to sell off equips and items that you don’t need for extra silver really helps build up you the silver bank faster. And not getting dinged 30% helps too. Imagine being a new player and just grinding for all the extra silver. Putting up one item at a time is inefficient and almost worthless. Even if they put up a nice item at 50K, it’s 15K back into the game. How the heck is a new player going to gain enough silver to buy a Token unless they farm mithril ores or vubbe fighter blood?

And the extra dungeon and mission count helps in getting that extra cube for talt and a random material…

This game relies on us purchasing the Token, through silver, or TP.
It’s an almost F2P game…

8. Tree of Gold Seller/RMT

Welcome to spam and lag and annoying constant messages.
While the addon LK chat helps reduce this issue, we shouldn’t have to rely on a 3rd party addon to make our game play more convenient.

The value the Gold Sellers provide is way better than what the IMC can offer. Let’s say someone spends $10 USD for 1m silver, they could buy 2 tokens on the market (back when tokens were 350K), and have leftover for attributes. It wasn’t worth it to spend 198 TP back then to buy a token, so I imagine a lot of folks turned to gold sellers. I’ve also heard about people buying enough silver to max all their attributes. We will never know who these people are because the 2 day holding period for silver hasn’t stopped folks from getting their silver and IMC doesn’t release a ban list for gold/silver buyers.

I read a topic where someone was able to gather proof of another user bragging about his RMT and reported him. The thread exploded with the RMT user crying about how unfair it was for him to be banned when hundreds or thousands more were doing the same thing. For him to be singled out was unfair in his eyes. Well, RMT is unfair to begin with and IMC risks losing those users that spend money on their DLC packs by banning them.

People can vouch for gold sellers being a necessary evil because their gold bots obtain items and silver for them outside their means of playing. The mentality of “I have the money. I have the right to do business with another party and get ahead of the game” Sigh, it’s like funding into the bot/gold seller addiction and getting them to contribute to the lag our servers suffer from already. And I’m pretty sure the gold sellers have their armies lined up for the dungeon runs too for the rare drops. So here’s to more excessive instance count…

Tree of Saviour? Nah,Tree of Greed runs this game.

Been tempted to buy silver myself, but the Force was with me and I was able to stay away from the Dark Side.

9. Tree of Guildless/No Social Life (I may be wrong on this one…)

So…just how many of us are still out here looking for a guild to join?
Aside from the Templar class being he only one able to make a guild, it’s probably expensive to level up and build towers. I wouldn’t know because I haven’t seen any guild hangout spots. I’ve heard that guilds are only restricted to 10 members maximum? Or is that a maximum size team for battle? Nobody seems to be interested in recruiting unless you’re rank 6 or 7.

I know in RO that guilds will just sit out in the open to socialize and recruit. People will sit and do random chats. It’s a heck of a lot easier than spamming microphones to communicate. In ToS, it seems like unless you’re rank 7, nobody wants you :frowning:

If not for microphones, there’d be no social activity on ToS. At least the forums are active.

10. Tree of I can’t take this anymore

I enjoy the game. Soloing as a cryo3,chrono1 has not been easy, but I’ve put up with a lot of leveling hurdles thus far. The nice art, environments, dumb NPCs and their quest lines (Knidos Jungle to Novaha anyone?), collecting Books (Karolis being my favourite so far)

What I can’t take is IMC’s decisions to do this and that and not fix other things of greater importance, like making the game playable, improve spawn rates, fix bugs and make it more attractive for a long term commitment. There’s no active PvP arena. No stat reset potion makes it hard to fix up builds. The stupid HOT sign above skills made me pick Earthquake over Sleep and I don’t have the TP to get a skill reset pot and change it.

People say, it’s in beta, give it some time and things will improve, but I don’t foresee it happening. kToS has been out for a while, and I’ve heard players are leaving there already. Other players in iToS have upped and left because they also don’t foresee the long term investment into the game. Communication from IMC has been pretty abysmal for the most part on these forums so… The recent announcement of giving 99TP/Token to compensate Token holders and users is mind boggling. Compensation obviously should go to the person who spent real money, not a bunch of silver farmed with time or bought via gold sellers. Is there true value in giving a guy with 20+ tokens 99TP x 20 and let him buy 20 Tokens and sell to the market and gain all of his silver back? I can’t take IMC logic anymore =_=.

Granted I still want to become chrono3, but I’m not sure what the benefits are considering I may end up guildless or being unfairly enslaved by DPSers :frowning: just to gain exp.

So…is this a bug or not?
Still waiting in queue apparently…

11. Tree of One Character

Imagine my surprise when expanding the storage slot one of my characters didn’t apply over to my other characters .–> Waste of TP.

Or when the Team Storage had ONE mighty slot for trading. I was fortunate enough to complete a collection to add another 2 slots. -->How many times did you switch between characters to transfer all gears and goods?

And the fancy costume you just bought? Well, it’s stuck on your one character, unless you enjoy swapping it over constantly.

And that one character slot for your pet? The companion isn’t even a character you can properly use or equip and reap benefits off of. All it does is make for a good tank and distraction for bosses and mobs.
I feel better off with a Poring pet from RO. At least it gives me 10% HP recovery.

Well, I think I’ve ranted long enough. Most of my stuff comes from concerns already known to the forum, but I’m making a laughing matter out of it all now I guess.

Maybe I’ll just quit after I get an Audra Staff or when my token expires?
Have no idea how to get the recipe yet, but I do have 2/3 melinas staffs so far T.T…

And curse Receptionist Donnes. He just took my Stoulet hearts for an EXP card. I needed those hearts for craft.
And yes, the Search for party timer is still going…I see 270:54

Tree of Saviour?
I’m not saving anyone as far as I’m concerned :confused:

Now to wait for backlash from White Knights? XD

Cheers all.
Have a great day grinding and may the RNG Poring Luck be with you all!

Oh forgot one more Tree

12:Tree of CON

The stats in the game scale horribly, unless you pump all of it into one stat to gain all the bonus stats…

But the one stat you can trust on being useful is CON! You can’t go wrong with having ample health! And bosses later on hit so damn hard, you need all the health you can get! SPR barely gives decent Mdef and barely contributes to your sp pool so wizards might as well go CON too. Unless you build DPS Wiz3,Ele3,Warlock, you don’t need the INT it seems. CON all the way!!!

23 Likes

I like your long post, but I only read those line.
So to match your expectations: if you dont like it you are free to leave, no one is forcing you to do something you dont feel comfy with

6 Likes

I don’t even know why I like this post.

You must not be on Orsha… There is plenty of socializing going on. O_o Albeit, not in Prontera Field/Armory/Sewer/Brothel

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

agreed with everything in the post
suoport class is lame in this game
imc has no love for them

1 Like

Yes it’s a bug, and you probably went with 1 or more parties already but due to the glitch you didnt get in and they went with 4 ppl only…

(unless you’re queueing for a mission one one does).

The way to know if you’re glitched is to cancel and check if it has “Re-Enter Party matching” which would throw you into the dungeon you were supposed to be in to begin with.

This post motivate me to stop play chrono(c2) i just join dps folks now @.@

5 Likes

Lol support class is nothing in the game while doing boss hunting or mission…
If the DPS can handle them-self then mostly support class is just slave for the group…
To be honest the whole game classes is kinda unbalance, **

they like to nerf those popular builds so be prepared…

1 Like

My Archer has so much money compared to what my Priest had at 100+. Wugushi’s skill resource is so generous compared to Priest’s and instakills everything…

1 Like

I’m not a Fletcher. XD Sorry for your pain though. I pew tiny poison darts at things. I have problems of my own with the whole unstackable poison with other Wugushi though.

At least your problem will be fixed sooner I’m sure. :slight_smile:

no one really cares about these problems anymore.

the main issues for most people are already being fixed tomorrow so everything you’re saying is just petty.

also i think your experience with the game was ruined because you were solo leveling a c3 cryomancer…

bye, you will come back though.

1 Like