Tree of Savior Forum

Good build with Thaumaturge?

Hello everybody,
For the launch of ToS I plan to play a wiz class with Thaumaturge C3. I’d love to deal damage and I thought to play wiz>pyro>pyro>thauma>thauma>thauma>pyro(?)

My plan is to get many skills that so many small hits (fireball, flame ground, fire pillar, firewall) and add a lot of MATK to those skills by using the thaumaturge buffs. However, I am beginning to question this decision as it seems the class won’t become strong enough.

Does anybody have some thoughts on this?
Thanks in advance!

For the Rank 7, take Warlock better, because its skill Dark Theurge and Pole of Agony are also high multihit skill.
Until Rank 6, it still quite solid damage although you will boring, the most fun part is where you met a blue shining mob, because I did exactly this build in iCBT2.

The question come to OBT with new rank 7 and lv280, with Wizard’s Quickcast buffed from 5s to 8s, the 50% bonus damage scale better than thaumaturge C3 +700 matk in end game. Somemore Squire’s weapon maintenance has become the highest raw value buffer now.

*Due to iToS will have its skill balance, I hopefully Thaumaturge’s buff amount will scale with player’s level as well.

Come to Wizard C3 > Thaumaturge C3 > Warlock, then it probably the Warlock will have the highest jump value for Dark Theurge and Pole of Agony, but you lack of skill to spam compare with Elementalist.

Linker C2 > Thaumaturge C2 also good for Swell Monster for x2 EXP and Shrink Monster for -75% matk/atk, it is more on support side.

1 Like

But QuickCast will take into account your Thauma buffs as well, so any other Wiz3 will surely appreciate to have you in party. Also Def buff is also nice for those that use shields.

How about: Wiz C3 > Thauma C3 > Warlock? Tons of damage from magic missiles and warlock skills…

Yes, that’s what I’m talking Wiz C3 > Thau C3 is actually more futureproof, but it have to depend what are classes in rank 8 onwards, this build have the flexible to take many C1 offensive classes, you no need worry the value, you just need more skills to spam.

Wiz C3 > Thau C2 > Necro C1 > Warlock C1 also can be considered because they are good multihits.

1 more thing i’m not sure, Swell Brain will add 135 INT, in rank 7 do the 60% INT bonus apply on it as well?

I thought bout that too…but it seems as if you just won’t be effective for a very long time…and since lots of the game right now seems to be focused on singe player…well, it seems like a really boring build to play…until u reach warlock…

1 Like

i believe it is a flat addition.

Damn, that’s a shame :frowning:

Thinking bout the build I guess wiz3>thau3>WL could be really awesome…but really annoying to play for a very long time.

thats not what i’ve seen in Derf’s streams. You usually get party for grinding or you solo’q for dungeons. Solo grind is very exhausting and slow and unrewarding (because of pot consumption). Some classes fare better than others but still party is preferred.

1 Like

Hm…/I might just try this build. It sounds insanely boring and troublesome, but - yeah, it would be a pretty impressive party character. The 50% dmg bonus from quick cast are nice, no doubt bout that, but I hope that the QUICK CAST itself will also be somewhat of a help …

Not as boring as Archer C3 > Hunter C3 path
or Archer C3 > Scout C3.

1 Like

At least better than Wizard C1 > Cyromancer C3 > Chronomancer C3

1 Like

I prefer W2-L1-T3-F1.
This build have a lot of buffs and party oriented, but it’s start shine when you get featherfoot.

W3-L1-T2-F1
W3 is irreplaceable for quickcast, you got the point that Bone Pointing maybe good on this.

Something like this:

Highlights: +50% damage on top of massive Thauma buffs.
You get +30% to dark damage on top of everything else from Invocation and can basically spam evil spirits into a group of opponents.

Featherfoot is also nice: you get sustain from blood sucking/bloodbath and your Magic missile gets bonus from “Ngadhundi”'s decay (Edit: they have removed “missile” type from magic missile it seems. Still featherfoot is good in combination with Wiz 3 thauma 3.).

Cryo C3 is still better than going Wiz1 > Linker3 > Crono3

1 Like

8s to 15s :x

I was considered going wiz 3 - thauma 3 vs linker 3 but the flat values of thaum buffs and linker good synergies with Magic Missile and Warlock/Featherfoot skills make it better overall. :frowning:

This sounds pretty awesome. I might even go for it :smiley:

I gave up on this build because I’m lazy.

Honestly, it’s pretty hard to grind and you are not a must for parties, a good members, but generally less than a linker2.

You you get a firepower for later classes MUCH greater (around 30~40% stronger) from my calculations at level 600 (70% around 280)

The problem is link multiplies damage a lot, you’d need to keep partying up with linkers a lot.

1 Like

I’ve done several Wizard during all the Betas and one of them was a Wiz3-Thaum3 Lv200 (during the iCBT2) and it was kind of hard to level up at the beginning.
But since the last change to Magic Missil, and the add of the Chronomancer skill Pass, i think about it more and more.
If i understand it right, Pass is a group buff that reduce the cooldown of skill to 25 sec (at Lv5) but is it for a limited amount of skills or is it for the buff duration ?
Because if it’s during the buff duration, it makes Magic Missil no delay and Wiz3-Thaum3 can be really fun.

Some video of the iCBT build (before Magic Missil updates) from my youtube channel :

2 Likes

Wow…I love that idea…I really hope Pass can work to give 0delay :open_mouth:

Pass subtracts 25 sec from all skills on cd for only one use. Its not actually a buff and has no duration. Effects your skills as well but doesn’t work on it’s own cooldown as far as I know. So you won’t be casting Pass every 25 sec.

Edit: Wait. Is there such thing as a monster gem with Pass?!
Edit2: not in the forums or tosbase so seems unlikely…30 seconds would’ve been really nice.