Tree of Savior Forum

Give Sorcerer some love please!

10 sec mark- Card and Character Stats
19:08 mark- Equipment stats
Build is Wizard>Pyro C1> Linker C1> Pyro C2> Sorc C1> Sorc C2

I’ve seen alot of topics on how Sorcerer sucks, true, it is not in a good position but damn it is fun!

Ok somethings that i do that may or may not help.

First, i use attack ground alot instead of hold because the summon don’t follow you after casting hold and its pretty annoying especially in dungeon because the party moves on pretty quick and having to cast hold multiple times wastes sp and creates a long walking distance for your summon.

Second, if you’re not doing anything cancel your summon to prevent sp drain and enable sp regen at the same time.

Third, when sp is reduced to zero, sitting helps to instantly regain sp. (because there was no sp gain within the last 10 secs, its sort of a buffer mechanic which doesn’t always work)

Fourth, cast your cat buff using the minimal sp gain by siting and start a camp fire should be able to regen full sp by the time the cat gives the fifth buff. (dark property attack)

Fifth, using ride negates boss damage. You may get damaged by the boss if you decide to jump off while the summon is doing its animation. ( But this saves sp so its situational )

Oh btw during PvP or GvG people can hit you while you are using the skill ride if they lock on and target you.

<3 Sorcerer.

1 Like

I just watched you Auto attacking your way through the dungeon.

You had no SP to even use your Linker’s Joint Penalty. Never mind not being able to use your Pyro skills.

What’s worst is you slowed down the entire group by having to sit and regen after a battle.

I’m not hating because I have the exact same built and I go through the same thing every time.

Which was why I rerolled

</3 Sorcerer

Seems to me that you like being very useful to your team, and hate having lousy dps. That case Sorcerer sucks for you. I’ll stick with sorcerer and hope something good comes out of it!

I will when your Templeshooter’s HP bar stops blocking the boss HP bars.

So annoying…

2 Likes

I’m guessing you are using Large SP Potion from NPC? No wonder your sp can’t keep up. You might as well buy Lv10 Condensed SP Potion they cost around 1,100 to 1,300 silver in the market. Which heals for DOUBLE THE SP, and the amount of silver different vs the actual heal different is enough to make up the silver difference. I mean that wouldn’t help you since you are not even using any of your other skills . . . /facepalm.

Also I can’t tell if your trolling your party or just being stingy with silver by not using your skills and just using Summon. I mean this game play doesn’t show me at all why Sorcerer need to be improved it just show really bad game play. I think I can count on my hand how many times you use your pyro skills.

This guy is a Sorc c2 and he seems to be doing just fine. He actually uses other of his skills.

The party seems kind of terrible to me from the start, none of them are group mobs together and doing them one by one.

Sometimes i aim my summon instead of the mobs nt sure why this happens and yea its annoying

1 Like

Actually, it’s a sorc C1 in the CBT. They used to have the control skills in C1 before they moved it in a later patch. Anyways, I agree with many sorcerers being ineffective and stingy with their summons. Not summoning as often as possible is akin to not using skills as often as possible and only using autoattacks ‘except on bosses to save sp’. Keeping sp high for no other reason than to keep sp high is losing sight of what SP is actually used for.

1 Like

If i bought those pots yea i’ll probably be spamming other skills, but summon dps> pyro skills dps. I wont use skills that wastes my sp other than flame pillar to block enemies from approaching…

YES IM STINGY YOU GOT IT RIGHT!

I didn’t say anywhere that this video shows that sorcerer needs to be improved, i believe that there is plenty out there. I wish to merely share a gameplay of the current sorcerer and hope that some people love the mechanics of it.

Its not the best gameplay definitely, but i think i did what i “thought” was best. I don’t wish to rigidly follow the OH STOCK UP SO YOU DONT WASTE YOUR TEAM MATES TIME SITTING DOWN AND REGEN. I just wish to be a cheapo and follow what i feel suits my style of game play and what i wish to achieve out of my sorcerer.

There is NO TERRIBLE PARTY get it out of your head, unless afkers and leechers are present. The diversity is what makes dungeon fun, you got a shitty team comp? NVM LETS SEE HOW YOU GET THROUGH THIS. I dont care if we have to bonfire all day ITS FUN.

I mean why don’t you? It would save you more money per heal AND it would be putting money to players instead of NPC.

I mean . . . what? Fire ball does the most amount of damage and it is easly combo with linker skills to gather mobs together under fire ball. There is no melee class in your party to disrupt the fire ball position. I haven’t done a dps sheet to compare but I can tell if your kidding with the sorc > pyro in terms of dps. But I’m pretty sure that pyro can out dps a sorc if we talk in just pure damage per sp.

Man people really take easy offense to the sp potion comment. People complain about sp problem, there are higher level sp potion. The higher level potion cost too much, they made alchemist potion that is much more potent and better heal per silver.

I mean I don’t think it is a rigid mentality to actually use your skills to contribute to the overall good of a team.

Mmm no there are some pretty terrible party. Do you know what make those parties terrible? It’s the people that play in them. People who don’t use skill and auto attack all day (except for builds that focus on Auto attack which is mostly Quarter shooter and Corsair, people who sit when the rest of the team is going on ahead, and oh well there are also people who enter party and rush to the end to finish off the dungeon. I mean if you make the argument that the party isn’t bad but the people are that I can agree to.

This statement I would have said okay your trying and learning. But then the rest of your post just kinda threw that down the drain.

I mean the first step to improving game play is well actually using skills. If you think pyro skills are a waste of your dps and sp. I would recommend you go Linker 3 since its the only other skill that would increase your damage without you having to use another excessive skill.

I mean [quote=“leelennell, post:8, topic:211801”]
I just wish to be a cheapo and follow what i feel suits my style of game play and what i wish to achieve out of my sorcerer.
[/quote]

I don’t think you show the power of a sorcerer. In this game a single class is meaning less it is how that class interacts and synergize with other classes. I believe that is the whole point of this awkward circle system. But you kinda just well . . . I’m not sure how to put it really. It looks like one of those videos that just show the skills and nothing else much.

I’m not sure if you can find a party that will bonfire with you for 24 hours. Also I’m pretty sure if your in a dungeon you exit after a set limit of time so well -shrugs-.

Not being mean here but you don’t seem to take small criticism very well.

2 Likes

Ah I see I was wondering how he had skeletons from necromancer. I wish they kept that =( but then again if they did no one would go for any other circle in Sorc lol.

PRAISE THE GODDESS SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS.

THIS. So true. Tks for your reply anyways, i’ll take it.

Thank you for not being unreasonable and talking through a argument with your point of view. (not be sarcastic). All is well.

My comment was not meant to degrade you and your choice for game play but offering another side of the coin. That could lead to better results if you try it.

4 Likes

I don’t think Sorcerers’ damage are supposed to be close to Wiz3-Ele3 because Wiz3-Ele3 is pretty much 5 ranks built up for dps. With sorcerer, you usually take a CC/support class. So you’d be contributing to CC/support. I see Sorcerer more of as the option for support classes to do some DPS.

With exception to the cat buff and some attributes other skills should be meant more for control but its weird… like C3 the two skills they added just made no sense.

1 Like

all great sorcs on PvE out there (at least in youtube) have linker 1 or 2. i guess thats kinda needed.

I think Linker 1 is almost mandatory for wizards. I know that sounds weird but 1 rank let you double your dps every 22 seconds and let you gather and group. The utility is so good.

I think they just didn’t want to make another summon. I would have thought C3 would let you summon a super strong monster for say 10-20 seconds with a 1-2 min cool down. Or AT LEAST some kind of passive mastery that increase your summon damage. Instead they just rushed and drop a kind of drop a random skill. Would be better if evocation was a sacrifice skill that exploded your Summon and damage all enemy in a radius with % of the summons hp.

1 Like

check this thread

there are some great info about sorcs, and we have a guide comming so id wait a bit to make one.

Yea lets wait for his guide

Haha please make a swashbuckle machine (aka swordy) and you’ll go back to Sorc in minutes.

I made a pure con tank. I leveled it up to 30, left it there and created a sorc.