Tree of Savior Forum

General kTest Thread

If you were considering between Dragoon and Doppel C2 in your build, that’s awfully odd considering the 2H Sword restriction on Doppel C2 skills make a big difference.

Even so, it isn’t that hard to just pretend those new skills don’t exist, and use a Spear with C2 Doppel, cause Deeds and Cyclone. And yes, Deeds does reset its stacks after recasting btw.

But no, Deeds is not 50%/100%/150% of overall damage output, just your physical damage stat, unlike Surespell’s 50% magic damage bonus.

Speaking of which, I am kind of happy that 2H Swords finally found a restriction, even if it killed my initial build. It’s nice to see 2H swords finally getting some restrictions to builds, though I wonder if Slash is still sucking after 200+…

2 Likes

Thank you for so much important information, Disc!
May I translate these skill details into Chinese and post them on a Taiwanese Forum?

1 Like

Deeds of valor + spear lunge + stabbing still deals a ridiculous amount of damage for pierce weak bosses and would be relevant. As most of the boss are weak to pierce.
Since dopple has a 2H sword attribute you can weapon swap for those skill that require those.
I did a hop 3 and dopple, with cyclone having overheat you can cycle through most of your skill. I auto attack less than when i was hop 3

Dopples don’t have the 2H Sword attribute, and it has yet to be announced that they would be getting one from C2.

Moreover, the Highlander attribute is what makes 2H Swords strong, so you’d better ditch your Peltasa/Swordsman C2 for that. Also Finestra needs to be timed so you don’t cancel it too soon by swapping weapons. Overall, it seems like you have a mess on your hands.

1 Like

They do have the 2H attribute now.

1 Like

Cause maybe they encourage more weapon swapping gameplay ? And rifles won’t shoot arrows lol make sense

Hmph, I wanted people to suffer. But I guess it wouldn’t be fair for unsuspecting players… And I guess they don’t need to include it in the patch notes.

Oh well, people WILL suffer in the end if they have such enthrallment over every rumour and thing that looks OP. Soon Laima (dunno if other servers follow this trend) will have people spamming Spin2win and Dopplememer and all that trashy things trash say… Hmm, I’m kinda borderline flag-worthy with all my hate-filled posts.

Anyway thanks for correcting me o/

Ebil Bunny. Death to all full dex barbs.

I’m really questioning my build though. If I wasn’t sure sky liner wasn’t going to stay at 0 CD I’d definitely include highlander 2 in it. ( I’ve made a couple highlander 3’s ). I guess I’ll make a Highlander 2 Hoplite x -> something in the kobt and see how it feels.

1 Like

I can not really decide which one I prefer, because these two classes, Musketeer and Cannoneer, are so different from each other and have specialty on their own aspects.

Musketeer is good for PvP and attacking single target. Out of the six Musketeer’s skills, only two (Covering Fire and Penetration Shot) are for AoE, but as Multi Shot, Covering Fire is way stronger when you use it on a boss or elite monster. Bayonet Thrust and Butt Stroke are apparently skills for PvP use. The other two skills, Head Shot and Snipe, are one shot skills that deal single high damage on one target alone, which are more useful on PvP as well, when you hide far away on that back line and to the enemies’ surprise attack them out of no where.

While Cannoneer is, on the contrary, excellent in PvE and multiple targets. All of Cannoneer’s skills are AoE and deal pretty good damage. Moreover, there must be a place for Cannoneer in guild war, which is likely to be added in the future, since Siege Burst deals five times damage on enemy’s structures. However, one flaw in this class is that the animation delay of skills is quite long, compared to that of Musketeer’s skills.

Therefore, I would not say which one is stronger. Which is more suitable for you just depends on each class build you choose.

As for the damage, I think it is because of the fact that there’s no proper weapon (cannon and musket) for these two classes now. Musketeers and Cannoneers at present can only wield those mediocre weapons that NPC gave when enclassing. I believe when some higher grade weapons are added, we will eventually see the true damage that these two classes are supposed to perform.

Usually games don’t wipe OBT, but i can’t see them releasing the game yet unless they fly with that “this is beta still” bullshit and give excuses for bugs.

Wow, did the 0 CD Skyliner literally spawn a new breed of viable Swordie builds? o-o;

In any case, prepare the best Swordie build in kToS, while people are still fawning over Barbs here. Whatever you’re making, it sounds crazy to me but it just shows that I’m slow to seeing the evolution of these classes.

All of the sudden, Spear Lunge will be replaced with the +100% Pierce damage Cross Guard, and things will be great.

I think you convinced me to play a new build for kToS now.

By all means, go ahead. Pass that information around.

Personally going to make an alt with:

Sword > Highlander 3 > Hoplite 2 > Shinobi

Can’t wait to see how Shinobi actually plays.

Can Dark Surge and Evil Sacrifice of warlock work together also?

They can work together -according to g-star trailer

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve just played a hoplite c3 and a highlander c3, and really like hoplite, but the main pain point is cloth bosses ( it’s not -that- bad, but I’m trying to make a boss killing build ). So marrying the two would be pretty nice. If I can just spam a slash skill, it solves any pierce weakness problem I’ll ever have. Also cross cut bleed is always nice @_@

@FatePGN That sounds interesting… I was kind of thinking of making this into a Dragoon, but that sounds like a fun thing to test too. Maybe we should compare at the end :blush: . Although my iCBT2 build is a lot stronger with this sky liner buff ( Highlander 3 Fencer ). The Fencer weak-to-slash skill ( lunge ) gives you insane DPS if you stack cross cut’s bleed and use sky liner ( does extra damage with bleed, lunge makes the enemy treated as if it’s cloth when hit with slash ). If you can just spam sky liner, that’s going to be a lot of damage.

Hmmm, I’ve never ever been able to appreciate Hoplite C3. I will always stop at C2 and then go for Corsair/Doppel, so that always fixed the Cloth weakness.

I really can’t appreciate Hoplite C3, I wish I knew why people consider it good. Did people really like autoattacking things with minimum DEX and max STR, or what… Throwing Spear is garbage (even with Geras) and Long Stride doesn’t work with a dagger equipped. And if you’ve played with my lag, Stabbing cancels in world bosses a lot of the time if there’s too lag. I just want to know why… Not to criticise. I need somebody to convince me why C3 Hoplite should be taken.

…EITHER WAY, IT DOESN’T MATTER NOW WITH INFINITE SKYLINER AS FILLER.

I’d like to join the Skyliner club owo I really wish I could pair it with Cataphract, because maximum movement speed plus a spammable skill sounds like a lot of fun but… Incompatibilities… Primarily with Cross Cut…

Swordsman C1 -> Highlander C3 -> Barbarian C1 -> Fencer C1 -> Shinobi C1, fiiiiiiiiiiiine D:

I hope by the end of our OBT gametime, we can convince IMC that the skill is too broken at 0 CD so I can go back to my normal life of comfortable builds.

It’s not. I played it just to find out. I kept asking people who I found that were Hoplite C3, but didn’t get a definitive answer. ( I think C2 / C3 could use 1 more skill each ). Once you have 100% uptime with finestra, that’s mostly what you want. The extra crit attack doesn’t really let you take advantage of it by taking low DEX, you still need just as much as I would’ve taken in my build already to be tanky. Spear Throw is useful in PvP to latch someone down, but that’s a pretty weak excuse for the only new C3 skill. I need someone to convince me why hop3 is good too :blush:

I thought Cartar Stroke was the only highlander skill that didn’t work while mounted? Cross Cut doesn’t? :0

1 Like

Sad thing is when you switch to 2h sword finestra disappear, or else that would be a really great build

Nope X[

Anything that spins around is too much strain for the mounts. Dust Devil, Cleave, Cross Cut, and funnily enough, Shield Lob can’t be used on a mount cause the animation requires some rotating before throwing, while Throwing Spear is just fine on a mount.

At least… Mounts can do Shoryukens now… Big improvement, mounts, only took 7 circles… Would like to see the Hamster Guinea Pig Gerbil animation for it.