Tree of Savior Forum

General kCBT3 Changes - Summary

Can you use other class skills (eg. Hoplite’s Thrust or Barbarian’s stomping kick) while mounted? Also I wish if the skill calculator can display the full numbers for the Finestra buff from level 1 to 15. How much crit rate does Finestra add at level 15, and how much evasion does it decrease? Block I can see is 30%

It’s dependent on the type of skill. There’s a column in the skill data section which determines if a skill is usable whilst mounted, only usable whilst mounted, or not usable whilst mounted.

All of Highlander’s skills except Cartar Stroke, Cross Cut and Vertical Slash can be used whilst mounted.
All of Hoplite’s skills, minus Long Stride can be used whilst mounted.
All of Barbarian’s skills except Stomping Kick and Giant Swing can be used whilst mounted.
All of Cataphract’s skills can only be used whilst mounted.

I’m not sure on the values for Finestra. I’ve not played a Hoplite yet, and I’m still looking for where to find damage/buff values in the game files. :confused:

Thanks man.

I don’t see why Cataphract’s skills requirement for you to be mounted is a bad thing. Once you turn Cataphract wouldn’t you want to be mounted at all times for the extra speed anyway? Why would you ever want to get off the mount unless you’re crafting or doing something in town?

EDIT: You can find the list of skill usage compatibility when mounted here.

It’s not a bad thing to be mounted at all, it’s a nice buff indeed and there’s no reason to dismount unless you have a skill which is unable to be used whilst mounted.

For me, it was mainly the fact that some skills are unable to be used whilst mounted which sucks, and there was no list of which skills are unusable! It makes building a Cataphract risky, especially if a skill you like is unable to be used whilst mounted.

Also for Cataphract, all attack skills require a Spear, so having a class which buffs Spear use (i.e. Hoplite’s Finestra) helps a lot. There’s no real issue, but I felt I messed up my build by going Highlander, since I couldn’t use Cartar Stroke and I really like the skill. Though, in future nothing is stopping me from just not levelling it if I take it for a Cataphract. :smile:

Luckily, not many skills have are unusable whilst mounted. I’ve made a list to categorise Swordsman tree skills, and their usability whilst mounted.

Skills which can only be used whilst mounted:

• Cataphract - All skills are only usable whilst mounted.

Skills which cannot be used whilst mounted:

• Peltasta - Shield Lob, Butterfly.
  • Highlander - Cartar Stroke, Cross Cut, Vertical Slash.
  • Hoplite - Long Stride.
  • Barbarian - Giant Swing, Stomping Kick.
  • Rodelero - Targe Smash, High Kick.
  • Squire - All Squire skills are unusable whilst mounted.
  • Corsair - Jolly Roger, Dust Devil.
  • Centurion - All Centurion skills are unusable whilst mounted.
  • Doppelsoeldner - Punish, Cyclone.

Skills which can be used both mounted and unmounted:

• All other skills which have not been mentioned can be used both mounted and unmounted.

I’ll make a list for the Archer tree too, I’ll probably post it on the subreddit since I know I’m not the only one who’s been unsure about skills and mounts.

Big patch today!

Server wiped (team name remains), exp buff until 09/30, boss drop mechanics changes, skills balance (no specification), and more.

AH Nice patch! DiscKZee you are making this forum amazing… Keep them coming! I think the new skill are unmounted because they haven animated them yet?

It’s hard to say if that’s the case, maybe there’s specific reason why some skills are unusable whilst mounted.

I mean, Cleave’s animation when mounted is the same as on the ground, except you’re standing on top of your mount. (It looks pretty goofy.)

If animations like that exist whilst mounted, there’s no excuse for animations being the case for why some skills are unusable.

Just some further input on this, the patch notes basically said ‘Skill rebalance’ and that’s it. No specifics. But a LOT of skill tooltips and descriptions were adjusted, to the point where the EN Translation files show gigantic blank boxes for skills.

I have a feeling it’s either a format change for tooltips, or they’ve balanced skill effects based on the new advancement system.

By that, I mean ‘earlier’ classes like Rank 2 or 3 classes would have damage and effects lower than spells at Rank 5 and 6. I would assume they’ve levelled them all out now because you can take earlier ranked classes at higher ranks now.

But, that’s just my own speculation, it might not be the case.

Also if anyone wants to party on the kCBT Server, my Team Name is Disc, feel free to add me.

[quote=“DiscKZee, post:69, topic:40733”]
EN Translation files show gigantic blank boxes for skills
[/quote]Yeah, this is really a bother…
I will look up how to remove the EN files, since they will almost be useless now.

Reading the korean descriptions will be better than a blank box. :wink:

I’ve actually just done that myself. :laughing:

From the looks of things, a lot of skill effect values were definitely adjusted.

For example, Level 5 Deprotected Zone:

-13 Defense
-3 Def per stack
14 second duration

Before, according to TOSBase’s values, it was -5 Defense and -3 per stack before. (I remember this to be the same.)

I removed the EN language files but still got blank boxes…

How did you do that?

What I noticed so far is that Earthquacke is not always knocking up monsters anymore.

You need to remove the languageData folder from ‘release’, and revert the client.xml and user.xml files in ‘release’ with the original files.

You can move the languageData folder into a seperate folder in ‘release’. I’ve moved mine to a folder I named Backup.

If you don’t have the original user.xml and client.xml files, I can send you these. Otherwise, you’d have to manually edit your current user.xml and client.xml files to their original settings.

The best thing to do is make a backup of the original files and also a backup of the English files (including the languageData). This way you can swap out when needed. :smile:

Ohh, I don’t have the backup original files (and it’s not the first time I am screwed because of it, lol). Please, send them to me! :smile:

The game won’t downlod it if I just erase them, and if the whole release folder is removed the client asks to download the whole game, lol.

Yeah, that’s a pain with their patcher. But, I guess it’s also down to being careful if you adjust files.

Anyway, I’ve sent you them. :smile:

Thanks!
Everything worked and your instructions were really neat. xD

Just some extra clarification on Heal’s HP scaling.

• Heal now adds on 10% of the target’s max HP onto the amount healed.

For example; Lv 5 Heal heals for 201 ~ 207 HP + 10% of target’s Max HP.

Missed some information from the recent patch:

• Corsair skill Looting has been removed.
  • Corsair skill Jolly Roger now has the effects of Looting merged into it.

Please check here if you wish to see the entire list.

Not many changes regarding to skills have been made recently. But, on the topic of mounts, it seems two new ones were added to the files, named Piggy and Lesser_Panda with the last patch.

They are not available in-game via the Companion shop.

Panda looks cool
Hey… in kcbt companion price changed or its the same?
They are too expensive…

RED PANDA, OMG!!!

They probably didn’t made much changes because of the wipe and the EXP event, tomorrow we may see them back to daily tweaks!

I thought the EXP was great and that should be the normal rate and… /shot

[quote=“II_JoJo_II, post:80, topic:40733”]
Hey… in kcbt companion price changed or its the same?They are too expensive…
[/quote]As far as I remember when I bought mine again on friday, they are still the same prices.
120k~ for the rat and 400k~ for the lizard.

For some reason I still like the little rat thing .-. I would however get the pig for laughs and giggles. lol RUN PIGGY RUN!!! “SQUEEEEE”