There are quite a few problematic skills in Gemstone Feud in my opinion. These are not in any particular order and I may have overlooked some.
- Linker - Joint Penalty - This skill can be incredibly unfair to deal with due to the fact that it has potential to multiply damage to an absurd amount on the linked targets. I believe this skill needs to be changed to a different effect. Many times if targets are close enough together, they have no chance at any counter play before they get completely destroyed within a second.
The reason this skill is so strong is because it ignores the rules of PvP, it’s cheating. Normally PvP reduces damage by 80%, but in PvE you do the full damage, link an enemy to the PvE and then attack the PvE and you do all that big PvE damage to the player. This is necessary for bad players like RandyBK to be able to compete with real players but yea it’s absolutely ridiculous that it exists in the first place. #1 class in the game, simply off this skill alone.
- Bullet Marker - Smash Bullet - This skill does way too much damage over time.
Not true, you just lack defense compared to whatever target you’re taking this hit from, it’s perfectly fair.
- Outlaw - Rampage and Mangle - These skills sometimes get bugged allowing the user to evade almost all attacks after the skill animation has been finished.
Will be fixed or deleted about 6 months after discovery, so like any bug we just gotta be extremely patient and complain a lot about it for our own sanity’s sake.
- Rogue - Backstab - At maxed level, the stun on this skill lasts way too long. Not being able to do anything for 9 seconds is too much.
Rogue is a worthless class, CC in general is BS, but Rogue is not worth mentioning as “The Problem” it’s a very small part of it.
- Rodelero - Shield Push - The 10 second silence called Unbalance on this skill is too long, also it is not affected by diminishing returns which is bad.
Diminishing Returns are a myth anyways but yea CC is bullshit. Can you believe they nerfed beak mask duration?
- Retiarius -Pull Rete - The range of this skill’s animation is misleading, it extends too far beyond it. The range of this skill shouldn’t be this much.
Extremely low skill, high reward ability that plays the game for you, but the biggest issue with it is the fact that it applies a silence due to an attribute, they’ve since introduction of the silence lowered the debuff level of it, but it’s still ■■■■■■■ stupid. Delete the silence, if a Reti makes a decision to pull in a player that can kick their ass, then they should deal with the consequences.
- Doppelsoeldner - Zwerchhau - The bleed effect on this skill does way too much damage on low HP player targets in PvP. A damage reduction would be great. 7-10k bleed damage per tick is way too much.
Of all the things to complain about regarding Doppel, this is absolutely not it, the bleed is pretty easy to deal with and doesn’t even compare to Cyclone being so condensed and powerful, or just the insane advantage of Slash Damage.
- Zealot - Fanaticism:Martyr - I think this attribute lasts too long when maxed. Maybe should be halved in duration.
Attribute duration is fine, the problem with this skill is that the caster gets the kill on themselves. This is a berserker class and it should function as such, it got overly nerfed in Rebuild and is now suffering enough, if you’re losing to this half ass berserker build then that’s a problem in your play. It’s easy to beat, it’s just not worth it since the kill goes to them.
- Onmyoji - Yin Yang Harmony - For many players being hit by this skill, it causes the character to lag and stutter too much, making it almost impossible to get out of it. If the target jumps, they could be stuck in the air for the whole skill duration, unable to do anything else. Perhaps decreasing the number of hits but keeping the total damage the same would be a good solution for this annoyance.
- Onmyoji - Genbu Armor - This skill decreases too much damage at times. A decrease in it’s effectiveness or duration may be a solution.
- Taoist - Creeping Death Charm - Sometimes this skill glitches visually. The charm is seen stuck to the caster’s character, while the damage portion of it is invisible and moving.
- Cryomancer - Subzero Shield:Counterattack - This attribute is too strong against physical melee attacks. I believe this should be removed completely and changed to something else. Being counter attacked passively for 20,000+ damage each hit isn’t good.
This skill has 50% up time, it is not hard to play around that, I realize that for a PvE player the idea of not DPSing is road block you just can’t figure out but Cryomancer = Tutu. Just don’t attack. It’s not that bad, if Wizards were high hp or had far better healing ability I would argue that it’s not something that can be done. However as it is, all this does is force you to adjust your play. It’s fine.
- Cryomancer - Frost Pillar - The freezing effect’s duration is too long, it should be reduced.
This skill only works if they land it on your without first freezing you with another skill, I get that there is situations where others will provide a CC for them that allows this skill to be too strong, but again that’s CC and reductions of CC just being a load of ■■■■, it’s not this specific skill. If you’re losing to just Frost Pillar, that’s on you. Play better.
- Necromancer - Corruption - This effect at times stays on the target and doesn’t have a duration. Meaning the target has decreased stats until death. I’m not sure if it’s a bug or not.
- Elementalist - Stone Curse - This skill’s effect lasts way too long. Being unable to do anything for 23 seconds is silly.
Cost + Effort = Reward, high CD, hard to land, if CC wasn’t overloaded, if mass PvP wasn’t a thing, this skill would be fine, it’s fair on it’s own. That said CC is a massive problem in MMOs and ToS. But “Let’s nerf Beak Mask and just to really ■■■■ on PD, add in pointless Modafinil duration nerfs” … IMC doesn’t make good decisions.
- Plague Doctor - Healing Factor - The healing effect is too strong in most cases for that duration.
This is all PD has left, it’s very easy to deal with 1v1, and it’s all that allows PD to be any bit good in a mass PvP situation. Nerfing it would kill this class, leaving it with nothing but extremely low uptime buffs that do almost nothing due to their low up time and cast times. And 2 extremely low damage DoT’s 1 of which has to be applied after landing another debuff… This class is already ass, just play better.
- Pied Piper - Dissonanz and Wiegenlied - The hit ranges on these skills feel too wide.
Absolutely bullshit class, tons of BS skills, but it’s on a ■■■■■■■ archer, soooo is it really that bad? I hate this class so much for how overpowered it is but at the end of the day, Archer is the worst class in the game. Even looking towards nerfing this skill feels like a crime. Don’t do it, maybe adjust debuff levels, or overhaul CC entirely, but Piper specific nerfs are not a good idea.
- Fletcher - Broadhead - The same problem as 7.
This one is not a condition, so much actually be a problem. That said, again Archer class, I don’t even remember the last time I fought a Fletcher, and they should be really popular since they counter Onmyoji right? Maybe if IMC adds rank 5, but this is fairly low priority.
- Musketeer - This class does too much damage.
Remember when all the Musketeers bitched about all the Rebuild nerfs. While classes like Druid, Krivis and Highlander actually became unplayable garbage all the Musketeers acted like they were getting the biggest nerfs in the patch, when all they lost was damage, something that was overloaded in the game and in the class and STILL ■■■■■■■ IS! Still, it’s an Archer and I think it’s damage is fair if not for the fact that Piper’s CC’s mentioned at #17 are bullshit. However if you remember what I said there, bigger priorities, don’t hit this class first.
I believe that the same rules for skills and damage should be brought from TBL to Gem Feud.