Tree of Savior Forum

Gamepad Controlls

1. Pressing R1+[Start] puts you in UI mode which allows you to control the cursor with the left analog stick. However, it’s incredibly slow to move the cursor and that you can’t normally move your character with the left analog stick until you get out of UI mode. It’s way easier to just actually grab your mouse.

2. The game pad controls were wonderful. Hotkey-wise, the controls allow you to use 40 hotkeys (see nando20xx’s screen shot above) which is surprisingly plenty for a game pad interface. Furthermore, the button combinations are much easier to press than reaching for 10+ different keys on the keyboard. As for movement, analog stick movement way better than keyboard movement since you can better control the direction you’re going. For example on the boss fight in Mines 3F, there is a part where you can step on the stone platforms that the boss spawns in order to avoid its laser. I had zero problems with jumping on the platforms while my friend who was using keyboard movement failed every time.

2 Likes

UI Mode on a gamepad is very slow. I really hope they up the sensitivity on that. Anything that allows me to be as laid-back as possible is very welcome. :3

3 Likes

can you assign the controlls to mouse? like e.g left click for attack and right click for jump.

To my knowledge, there is no way to map/reassign controller/keyboard yet (not sure about mouse, did not try it). Hopefully they will have this option for the next CBT or the finish version.

The only problem i have is a Fixing Target button. it’s impossible to push the right analog stick to lock target while smashing ABXY button to attack. If we can change this key to something else like L2 it would be nice (someone mentioned editing a text file from game directory so i’ll try that)

The short version: I feel ToS with a controller is fun and easy but still needs improvement. ;3

i used my ps4 controller with input mapper on the last day. It was such a good feeling especily the force feedback you got when hit.

i used the 360 controller, i couldn’t get a key for weapon swap though, otherwise controller seemed better for me :smile:

I’m wondering if the PS4 pad’s touchpad actually registers as a mouse? That would allow for even smoother experience…

I haven’t owned any console in my entire life, but having heard from a lot of people that this game works great with a controller, I decided to pick one up (360 wireless) right before the 1st iCBT started.

It’s game-changing, comfort-wise. I was somewhat new to using a controller but I got used to it really fast (like in less than an hour).

(1) For the inventory stuff, yes the mouse seems more intuitive to use, but (2) for nearly everything else, particularly during combat, I’d use the controller any day. Movement feels more fluid, not straight or diagonal like on the keyboard.

If you have a wireless keyboard and mouse, you can probably just play the game on the couch like it was on console.

Personally, I had no trouble with toggling target lock on/off with the right analog stick. What was frustrating for me was cycling through targets with the right analog stick. More often than not, I found it easier to just turn off target lock, face my intended target, then turn on target lock again.

Press the left analog stick for weapon swap.

it does but i wouldnt recomend it. it isnt that great.

Thanks for confirming. It might be not that great, but beats having to get a separate wireless mouse for stuff not reachable by gamepad. Have to try it out next beta.

in case you need the site:
https://inputmapper.com/

Thanks. Is that by the same guy as DS3Tool?

Yer… I duno if its suppose to be that crap… but its basically unusable on the PC… massive shame to because that was the big appeal in me wanting to use that controller besides I like the PS4 controller layout.

But yer… it may as well not have a touchpad at all =/
It may be an issue with Imputmapper support for it though. (I’m having trouble imagining Sony putting it on the market if it’s as crap as it is… It might work better on the console, I haven’t tried it on a console…)

i think so //20 chars

HEY! :slight_smile:
I actually figured out why the touchpad was so crap lol

It’s the settings in Imput mapper, I duno if I set them to max sensitivity or it came like that but touch and click sencitivity were both max. I dropped them do min and it works great now =3

cursor speed is a separate setting so its still fast movement but now it actually does what I tell it to do.

so glad I worked that out =P

does anyone know how to mount / unmount with a gamepad?

I believe you press both the left shoulder button and left trigger button together.