Tree of Savior Forum

Game is overrun with bots

Nearly every zone I go into, from low level to high, is is full of necro/sorc bots. I’ve personally zoned into a place with FOUR bots all following the same pattern.

They’re very obviously bots as their names are fgdjklnhhn 20205052 and they show bot like behavior, are always in a party, and never respond.

It’s becoming worse an worse everyday, at first it was just a few zones, now it’s becoming every zone.

Going to a zone and seeing every channel at 1 person, and that 1 person being a bot, is really not fun.

Please clean up your game. Competing with bots for exp/drops/mobs isn’t fun at all and makes me not want to play.

8 Likes

But they are the biggest customers, how can you ban who pay? lol

2 Likes

Then help your server by taking pictures and recording vids to post them here:

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/c/gameplay-reports/bot-reports
5 Likes

A picture is worth a thousand words…

4 Likes

Buddy, with all respect, we are players and consumers, we could do that if IMC pay us. Be realistic please.

1 Like

It’s ok we have a 95% safe heaven called Orsh…it :sad:

5 Likes

Is there no way to build in a bot banner? Like gameguard or Xignsomething (forgot the name) that Nexon uses? I’m not a computer wiz, but afaik, there are programs that block third party cheats to work, aren’t there?

Or put the pk option after some time in robotic patern. I would love shooting some bots down. :crazy_face:

Proves how much of an infestation bots are right now. Absolutely disgusting.

1 Like

we know…

on a side note… if imc did put some kind of reward other than silver and something useful… just reporting a bot… thatwould be nice…:joy::joy:

then people would create bots to report and get the rewards and then make bots that report bots and then bot that report the bots that report the bots and…

3 Likes

You’re not wrong, but it’s absolutely a dumb process to go through this when they can just do it themselves right away rather than wait for us, no?

@WisemanZero I don’t understand. How does the top 10 increasing rank relate to bots?

Before the server merge (I’m from Orsha), I used to think “what bot?”, I thought they were just a myth. Now that I am in Klaipeda I see that they are actually real!

To people originally in Klaipeda, do bots problem started getting worse after the merge? And was it a huge issue or just a bit of an annoyance before?

1 Like

Yeah sure, for each reported bot, another 10 are created

1 Like

i can confirm this is the to-go bot build now.

It’s even worse after the dungeon nerf, thanks imc

1 Like

Do not worry I saw a GM earlier cleaning some maps. not sure if its all map tho

that’s good news then, though for the long time I’ve played I haven’t seen it live in action, live eradication of bots must be fun.

Or maybe a meet and greet GM event in solitary cells in front of the bots rofl

2 Likes

Tried to level up grinding my new character, luckely kalejimas: storage room were empty but the exp for myself to reach 270 was so little so i decided to grind to another place either rasvoy lake, ouass memorial, or around, those maps filled with the new and annoying sorc-necro bot.

tried to do some farming in mishekan (manahas top) and channel 2 is always occupied by a sorcerer necro bot, nobody report the bot because nobody notice there is a bot in ch2.

but this was going to happen due a class that can be abused.

if you rework these classes, bots will still be bots.

The next thing they’ll do is either:
Go back to classic cleric chaplain AA bot
Script peltasta auto attack+splash
AA QS Archer
Chrono Enchanter AA

These bots need to be taken down manually FASTER. To the point where bots will be wasting time than making profit. Right now they’re making profit with the slow rate of banning and relying on player reports.

5 Likes

Agreed, though other automatic bot detection systems should never be ruled out.

They should really mobilize the community, Community GM’s, and weighted reporting systems can be deployed, along with more full time employees that have time allocated to dealing with the problem.

1 Like

You nailed it on the community GM’s. The one or two devs IMC seems to have running this show isn’t cutting it. Throw in an incentive for the GM for every bot they ban tack on a few hours free play time which could add up if they actually do there job.

Right now we have 2 servers squeezed into 1 with the same amount of channels as before… with the same amount of bots. They need to get there ■■■■ together and either start banning faster, or add more channels. Population is pretty decent in NA right now, but with half the channels gone and infested with bots, it could be the end for NA IMC. I’ll most likely give IMC a month, maybe two (I am enjoying the game but bots) to figure something out if not ill be leaving not because of the gameplay, which I love, but because of these GD bots.