Tree of Savior Forum

Game is overrun with bots

LOL, this made my day, pay us? Really? You don’t even need to pay to play and you want to be paid? LMFAO.

They can be bypassed easily unfortunately, but nothing beat GM patrol, then again, they don’t do that here, in all honesty, I don’t even know what a GM in this game do except answer a few topics (which imo is not even their function, it’s more related to CMs).

Because bots mostly use these classes combo? You can go in any map with bots and check their char info and you will see mostly use these, then again, who play the classes legit get ■■■■■■ up by idiots that don’t even ask if you are playing and start ksing you on sight.

Probably a few reported ones, we need a 24 hours patrol (I’m not saying a single person doing that) then again, with the way they let things go, it would be a hellish work to do.

A more realistic solution IMC could come up with is, removing all skills and allow each class hit a single target lol. The only advantage on changing class would be the costumes.

Well, I just hope people don’t assume I’m a bot just because I have a sorc2-necro3… Probably gonna change it to something else if given the chance. Necro’s gameplay is quite boring TBH. Mostly refresh summon then gather corpse/disinter.

As long as you’re riding on your summon you’re one step above your usual bot.

What Lostac said is true though, nerfing/changing necro wouldn’t get rid of bots. People who use bots always go for the option with the least interaction (as well as best result of course). As long as a build that doesn’t need too much thinking to use exists, botters will use it.

1 Like

This is irrelevant. His point is that reporting and hunting bots is the job of the people managing and working for the game, not the players’.
Do you check every clothes, shoes, or whatever of the stores to check which ones have defects ? That’s the same general idea here.

I can understand if people don’t want to report. It’s long, tedious, and honestly it’s not effective. By the time the bot is successfully reported and banned, 10 more have been made and boting.
But I can also understand the patient people who keep making bot reports since even if it’s not the most effective, it’s still something.

And for the bot fighting, I don’t think you can do much to prevent them unless you make it pointless for them to be there (or at least less worth it). Bots are here because people buy from them, after all.

Time to make the silver disappear and instead you buy everything with time >w< It’s a joke, don’t get triggered~

I do agree on that point and…

Yes, I do check each cloth I want to buy for defects exactly because in here where I live, people only work to receive money at the end of the month.

If it was tedious and long I wouldn’t bother reporting, IF, it was effective, but IMC ignore the reports for too long time.

We are getting there, I’m trying to figure out what is the “next big idea” IMC will come up to combat bot.

Oh, you might had beat me to it LOL.

1 Like

The ones you want to buy, but not all the others :stuck_out_tongue:
Why would a player move around on maps to check for bots ? Because this is what chasing bots is about.

It is kind of long and tedious though~ You still have to take videos, post them, and there are way too many bots for that. It’s seriously annoying to go through the process of constantly recording and reporting just to come back a few hours later and redo it all again because you have new ones who came. You’re supposed to play, not spend minutes or hours a day reporting everytime you see a bot.
Which is why one of the most common bot “solutions” people ask for is “Monitor the famous bot maps !”.

Time for IMC to make bots to ban bots.
I’m full of amazing ideas today :prince:

1 Like

Hey, I wasn’t telling people to walk around to chase bots, but, if you happen to find someone using macros to farm silver while AFK, then you should do your part and report them. After all, if the game is “overrun with bots”, you won’t need to go chase them.

You don’t even need to record vids, just press the printscreen button and paste the picture in your post/ticket as evidence after filling a small form. It’ll take a few minutes for you, but hours for the botter to lvl up another Necro.

Anyway, this doesn’t exclude IMC’s responsibility. Instead of reporting bots, you could also make threads in the feedback section or make tickets asking for GM surveillance on the favorite bot maps.

1 Like

IMC let the situation reach this point, unfortunately.

I’ve done more than once, even so, the same bots went from 170 to 250 in a week and still haven’t been banned, and the same bot was reported by multiple players.

In all honesty video provide better proof, also, it make things faster than screen shots because the checking is happening at the same time.

With screen shot, the GM has to go there to make sure that the char is a bot or not, just because the image is static.

Then again, what I said on the later quote happens, with or without video footage.

I don’t know what the GMs in this game are allowed, or, if they do what a GM work is.

All I know is, it take too long to happen bans, GS shouters are faster tho.

We already did, they just ignore.

My issue here in a general context is how this company deal with things.

I won’t go any further than this because it will derail the thread, one can only pray that things get better in the future.

4 Likes

Players shouldn’t have to spend time going around making videos and reporting bots. We shouldn’t have to waste our time to do something the publisher should do.

Let a GM teleport hack around zones and find bots, then ban them.

if you cannot afford to let a GM do this, then offer free cash shop items as a job position to go around finding bots or something. I’m sure tons of people would apply for this position.

Bots are going to make you lose many, many, many players. Clean up your game or face the consequences.

2 Likes

Just a small addition to this.

It’s not hard to know who is a bot by looking only at logs, if the same char is in the map for days without pause, then you know it’s a bot. GM don’t even need to login into the game.

oh well, i guess the change to necro minion to have duration didnt stop any necrobot lol…
guess wat, this class specialty is just afk… no matter what imc did to change this class haha
but now it seem like not many warlock bot around but many necro and soccerer but now
time change, but dp2 still infest with bot rofl…

I am not sure about you guys. Not that I defending bots but in case of mine, the bots are the one that keep channel alive in Dina bee where “army squire” camps are there.

As much as I like bots to be banned, this is another impact when IMC put effective solution (or at least do something about camps dissapearing).

oh yes, let’s not forget that we have couple posts of oracle bots killer back then and also some suggestion from players before. now it gone to oblivion.

Even more bots now. All named fdasfsafafasfas. Sick of this garbage. CLEAN UP YOUR GAME.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.