Tree of Savior Forum

Game crash when changing / teleporting / warping / switching to any map

It seems that we have people reporting different, unrelated issues on this thread. The one that the OP reported was the game freezing upon attempting to change map, switch channel or select a different character. From that point on, the only viable action is forcibly close the game.

The fixes that I’ve seen posted here, as well as other issues are related to crashes, and do not pertain the problem that the OP, some others and myself are experiencing, and yet I’ve taken the liberty to try them all, the one you posted included, but to no avail.

1 Like

I just tried it and it does not work u.u

sigh

@Staff_Bob Hotfix didn’t fix sh*t apparently.

Reporting in. Same issue on going here, client freezes on ch switch, screen change, etc. It also does if I try the Quit button or log out and then exit, same exact behavior.

Gotta specify that this isn’t the same as a VGA error, it’s just a plain client freeze with no error display

Looking at the opening post, the only things that I have that match the specs are Win 10, a 2nd gen but i7 processor and 8GB on ram.

Same problem here on Silute server after the last mentainence (07-16-2019).

Processor AMD FX™-8150 Eight-Core Processor
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM 8.0 GB
Operating System Windows 10

I tried everything and does not work :cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat:

I have a very old computer, and believe it or not, I am not experiencing any problems whatsoever. Game runs a bit better than usual in fact.

Processor Intel® Core™ i5 4460
Video card: GeForce GTX 745
CPU @ 3.20GHz
RAM 8.0 GB
Operating System Windows 8.1 (64 bits, processor x64)

Don’t know if this helps, but those are my systems specs.

Well, i can give some extra detail,
I am experincing the same problem with my game. I log into a map and when i try to change the map it stops responding.
First time exprienced this problem: after updating my game with the last patch
Maps: Any
Pet : with and without pet
Common problem : everytime this happens the game deletes 4 files. When i try to verfy integrity, the game has to download 4 files everytime.problemshooting2
these are the probably the ones i have problem with since everytime i crash these files are changed.

just a little help, everytime you crash if you clsoe the game and try verfying your folders, it will help you around 20 to 30 mins of not crashing/freezing. but it will surely appear soon enuf

still no solution ? i cant play like this… need to close TOS after change map…

submitted a ticket to see that will happen. So far verfying the files everytime after the crash will help you with a few teleports but it appears soon again.

they are doing what they can, we shall also help them find out the problem first. They asked me to upload the files in which the problem may lay. now we have to wait and see :slight_smile:

Now 100% crash for me when change map. RIP TOS

1 Like

Don’t want to see all these players quitting the game, come on @Staff_Bob, @STAFF_Amy, @Staff_Yuri at least make a post you’re addressing it.

I seem to crash invariably even after verifying files. Our issues might differ slightly.

With that said, if anyone reading this is having this problem and hasn’t posted about it, it would be really good if they did, even if it seems redundant. The more people that express their complaints, the more likely it is that we’ll get a response, or an update.

Can’t speak for everyone present, but I’m not using wifi myself.

1 Like

it used to solve the problem for a little while but now it doesnt help me too. Each and every single time i try to change map i crash. Waiting fot them to solve the problem. I wont play the game meanwhile cuz it’s just too much of a bother

Same problem here, i sent a ticket, got the automatic bullshit answer and I cant play, this is RIDICULOUS more than 24h, a lot of users with the same problem, every maintenance is a surprise bugged box! JUST FIX IT

The hotfix appears to have fixed the VGAs, but many people still cannot change maps at all without completely restarting the client on every single map change.

2 Likes

Indeed, and time continues to tick as we speak and discuss. Premium days, either purchased or from the returning players event continue to trickle down, and event equipment will too expire. Not to mention that some people returned with friends, and are now gradually lagging behind them with each passing day.

I’ve tried everything I could think of with my limited knowledge of the matter. I’ve even gone ahead and did some edits to my registry (which I promptly undid after they failed to fix the issue) that I read in forums from users of other games that experienced similar symptoms, hoping that these would help those suffering from the same issue, alas, that did not materialize.

Ultimately, it is a problem that the latest patch created, and so it is them who are the most apt to resolve it. I understand that the circumstances of the staff are likely not ideal in any sense of the word, so it would be irrational, not to mention unfair to lash out at them like it’s their fault alone, as orders and protocol come from above, but it is certainly grating to be at the mercy of somebody else, even more so when little to no acknowledgement of the problem is shown after the issue that was fixed did not pertain to the one many of us continue to experience.