Tree of Savior Forum

Full giant auto atk build

Thanks for answering, I based my build also on one of your answer in the forum, but I think link2 can work, you just need a good weapon (I have a +11 315 orange staff which I think could work) and to not use enchant fire in order not to break the links too early. I need this char to be my farmer so I’ll try it, if I see that it doesn’t work I’ll just reset to a more standardized farm build. Apart from this, did I do any mistakes in my build?

this is the skill plan
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#21277aahii.354555.11243575.253a4a55.1a3a4951.14354155.55617a8495a5

@MrFioz that build can work, so go for it. however, i’d like to suggest a couple of changes. get rid of pyro, as enchant fire is for an extra attack line for blessing to sit on but, due to not wanting to break link hit limit, enchant fire becomes a detriment to your build. i’d slap wiz2 in there for surespell so your rune of destruction won’t get interrupted. i’d also move around thuma skills a little. i see you’ve gone for level 9 transpose which is ideal with 100% con build, but i’d change swell body to level 8 instead of 10 (only difference is it hits 7 targets instead of 8) and do level 9 swell left arm and drop reversi so you can get level 4 shrink body (level 4 shrink body hits 5 targets - the attribute that makes shrunken enemies take +120% damage really is huge, and would allow you to clear some enemies quickly in-between your links). if you really, really don’t want shrink body then your pick for thuma skills will work. but it’d be a shame to miss out on having such an incredible tool in your toolkit. (side note: reason i say drop reversi is because the build is already tight as it is. having exact transpose level and exact swell/shrink levels for their target limit is important. however, you could sacrifice yet another level of swell left - level 8 swell left instead of 9 - to allow for the reversi point. but i feel the build is tight enough as it is, and you don’t want to gimp your main thuma buff too heavily).

here would be my suggestion for squeezing linker into the build: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/30nfppyv1f/

EDIT: just noticed you mentioned needing a pyro scroller in an earlier post, so if that’s the case, keep pyro in the build. i’d still recommend the changes to thuma skills, but if you really don’t care about having +120% damage debuff in your build then your current skill picks are fine.

surespell can be replaced by runecaster’s rune of protection. downside is 50 sec cooldown difference in cd and duration.

thanks for your suggestions! if it wasn’t a farming build I would definitely listen to your advices but since the main focus of this character will be farming for double drops I need swell body to hit as many targets as possible (same targets as joint penalty) and to have the best damage I can have (I’m already dropping thauma3 for RC) so I can’t drop swell left either, with just 1 point left I thought it might just be better to use it on reversi since I can also scrol it and try to sell it/use on other chars (even if I never used it on my other thauma)

your plan seems plenty good enough for a farm build. i’m just a sucker for having my characters fill more than just 1 role - but i’m sure you have other characters for other stuff. happy farming :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

ehhh actually, I tried the build for the whole day but in the end…I didn’t like it, there are too many buffs with different duration to juggle and my fps weren’t stable enough (or I wasn’t good enough to do it) to kill enemies while ther were in the knot debuff so I broke links a lot of times, maybe you need a very good weapon but since I wasn’t happy with my atk speed even with dex equip (which you’ll have to substitute for loot chance equip unless you’re so lucky to net +dex +loot chance) which could be related to my ping I guess even if I have a decent experience with my qs3.
plus having to cast runes without surespell is hard, you have to find empty spot every 2-3minutes to refresh giant or protection and in crowded zones it’s a problem so if someone want to try it I suggest skipping pyro1 and ignore the scroll crafting for this character.

After frustation hit me because I couldn’t enjoy the build I reset to wiz2>link3>thauma3>RC Full SPR and I think I should have gone for this from start, it’s a balanced build that can fit my rooster both as farmer and full support wiz which is great, I decided to main it because it’s very fun to use and while still having some buffs to mantain it’s not as hard

@MrFioz makes sense. as others have also said, rune>enchanter doesn’t mesh well with linker. you have too many attack lines and just break the links. as for you mentioning attack speed, i’m a little confused by that. you should be jumping while auto attack (jump>attack>>jump>attack). attack speed stat value shouldn’t really be a factor. your new build is certainly a better pick with linker. while your other plan is just about feasible on paper, it’d just be a pain to play in practice.

yes I tried jump atking and I can do it just fine, but doing it while farming after knot proved difficult for me so I tried using +40dex equip to see how it would work out

You don’t necessarily have to jump, you just have to do anything that will cancel the attack animation. I personally just stutter step a tiny distance in whatever direction.

Jumping while giant performs an AA. That’s what the jump is for, “canceling the attack animation” and performing another AA.

1 Like

Jumping itself does nothing.
Jumping and landing on a monster causes some minor damage.
Jumping and doing a normal attack will let you do another normal attack earlier than if you simply held down your normal attack button.
Moving a tiny bit and attacking does the same thing as jumping and attacking.

Naturally, this is all ping dependent, and also dependent on how much control you have.

I’m only trying to say, you don’t have to jump to cancel the attack animation.

@ultimapi the jump damage is NOT minimal. it activates lightning hands from enchanter c2. it’s massive. if you AA+jump you have double lightning hands.

To be more specific, jumping while giant applies an AA in an area where you land. That’s it. That means any mods you have for AA apply as well (lines and SF). That’s why non chrono enchanters go RC. It’s a way to inc AA’s without increasing aspd directly other than just atk animation canceling.

Can you share the rest of your skill build?

@Sandstorm my personal build is: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/nl08nfmgwv/

there are some skill points left over, as what you spend them on makes zero difference to the build. build is 100% con, with gear also focused on con. level 9 transpose so that transpose duration is ~10 seconds less than rune of giants. buff order is rune of giants > transpose > swell head > swell left / swell right / enchant fire / enchant lightning / lightning hands. doing it this way, with transpose after rune of giants, and 100% con build means that your hp pool will never be less that around 90-110k depending on how well geared you are. transpose will run out just before rune of giants, so that you’re back to being full con ready for the hp drop when giant buff dies. shrink body level 6 allows you to make 6 targets take +120% damage. in practice, the increase you’ll see in endgame content is far higher, due to how enemy defense works. so your 500% factor lightning hands will essentially be 1100% factor, with the visible dps increase on endgame content being around 150-to-200% higher than your normal damage. level 1 craft spellbook and level 1 flame ground are for making and selling flame ground scrolls. that’s about it. oh and don’t forget to jump cancel all of your auto attacks so you get double lightning hands. 1x from auto attack and 1x from landing a jump while giant.

edit: also don’t forget the con attribute for rune of giants and the shrink size specialty attribute for swell left arm / shrink body.

Sweet, thank you! If it’s not a bother, can you share what gear and weapon/sub you use? I’m about to hit Enchanter c1 this evening and am still using Cafrisun and ignition.

@Sandstorm no worries. as for my gear, i currently use emengard shield (incredible for it because of all the CON it has), 350 plate armor with CON and SPR on each piece (SPR increases thuma buffs, along with the CON once you’ve transposed your CON into INT), and a skull smasher mace (it’s only +11 and around stage 3 trans. i’m working on getting masinos hammer so don’t want to invest too much into the skull smasher). i just use random necklace/bracelets from my other characters - i’ll be working on those once i get my masinos hammer done. i’d say focus on getting emengard shield and a set of 350 plate armor with decent CON and SPR rolled on each piece 1st. a 350 rod or hammer should be fine as a place holder until you get your masinos hammer. do keep in mind that the job can become a little tiring to play after a while, due to the constant jump-canceling required. you could probably write a simple rapidfire code for your keyboard or controller so you’d just hold down a single button, but i’m not sure on the ‘legal’ status of that within the game. technically it’d be software for your keyboard/controller, but it would certainly be a grey area. the jump-cancelling seems to be the thing preventing this from becoming an extremely common build.

Thanks once again. I’m having a blast so far. Think I’ve gotten jump cancelled down. Can’t wait to hit R9 for them lightning hands. I’m working on gearing up slowly but so far the build feels really fun. So far the only other build I saw like this were using sorc (not a fan) and Chronomancer. I like Rune of Giants too much though. :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks a lot for your help!

@Sandstorm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL7HyRBfXBw&feature=youtu.be

quick video of the build in the 340 hunting grounds. sorry for crap video quality. also not max level because i switched around 2 of my characters’ builds so that my giant would have my event emengard shield. sadly my character with event emengard wasn’t maxed yet :confused:

It seems jump dmg and lightning hand scales with AAR, so centaurus card is the best option?