Tree of Savior Forum

Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the Latest Announcement

really 2 months will still be too much compared to the fact that many games do it in like 3 days.

1 month is probably the maximum amount of time people would be willing to wait for the “promised to be SOON OBT”

Are daily dungeon runs officially limited to 1 (+1 via token)?

1 Like

TBH, this questions are common knowledge and most people want to know is if there is a chance for founders to transfer their accounts to other servers when other servers are available?

or will there be a wipe after this 3 months time?

And so many other questions unanswered, do you really make an effort preparing this IMC?

3 months is too much but if u think about it the 3 months headstart is more like a test to see if the game is ready for a full release

22 march OBT for EVERYONE . thats it

The problem is that is connected to the % of the length of the game. I would not spend $50 on the shop in one month. I would probably not spend that much in three months, actually. The only reason I would even consider buying this package is because they have the access amount held hostage in it.

Seriously if they would just separate the packages:

• Founder’s Server: Exclusive Access - $10/month

and then do something like

Special Deal! Buy TP now and get a discount:

• 200 TP - $20
  • 400 TP - $40
  • 600 TP - $50

etc. It would be much more convincing, and much less suffocating.

edit: those amounts are not the important part. The important part is to separate the TP pricing from the subscription to the founder’s server.

Are there ANY plans to reconsider?
Like maybe balance overworld EXP to iCBT levels?

How about the party finder. I still don’t have an answer on that. Is it going to be the same solo-only party finder as in kToS which gives people a 600% bonus for using it as opposed to 450% for a perfectly balanced party?

Are there any talks to maybe rebalance EXP where dungeon EXP isn’t the lion’s share so maybe people have a reason to play the game besides coming on for an hour to do their dailies?

@STAFF_John

2 Likes

The real question that comes to my mind atm is:

“Why the hell did we get a FAQ announcment when thousands of player sare waiting for an announcment about how IMC is going to solve the mess it’s created in the last two days?”

1 Like

this IS the answer
they will proceed with founder packs as planned. what did you expect to hear?

What I’d really like to know, if possible: Have you decided to make any changes regarding the duration of the “early access”? In that case, and if you can reply, is it a delay or an advanced release for everyone?

As i already said… if they don’t change the 3 months headstart they are pretty much condamning ToS to be doomed before it’s even released cause 80% of the playerbase will just give up on it, that beeing at least 60% of the F2P people, and 20% from the P2P people that will not buy the founder because their friends will not be able to play with them

3 Likes

“Q. Will there be West Coast/Oceanic/SEA servers?
A. At the moment, there is no plan regarding them.”

So, can you share information on EU/BR servers as we are asking? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

well it’s their decision.
All companies’ purpose is to maximize profit. Their analysts tell them this is the best way. So be it.

Well then R.I.P. ToS, one of the few games remembered to be condamned by the devs to a very well avoidable early death due to 100% total stupidity.

I’ll still keep waiting to read a “we decided to make the headstart just a couple of weeks after hearing our players out” announcment cause i REFUSE to admit they’re this much retarted as not to do it.

1 Like

Where does it says they’re continuing as planned? They just said they’re posting responses to some questions after their announcement, never mentioned wether they’re keeping it or changing it. And based on the datamines from earlier today, and the previous announcement, I’d say they’re rethinking the whole thing, or at least part of it…

Still no official announcement on the new packs contents, prices, and the final duration of the paid beta…

@STAFF_John

Can we please know WHY we are paying for this Exclusive Access? Before this week, a lot of people were expecting a free, no-wait open beta. There’s talk going around about server costs and other fees that we should be paying for, but it would be much better to know exactly what is going on behind the scenes with this money.

4 Likes

this implies they will proceed with the plan, does it not? if they are canceling founder packs, why would they make clarifications on the pricing?

Will there be a Latin server? please note that Brazil is not the only country in Latin-america, and the rest of us speak spanish and not portuguese (well, in some countries they even speak french).

1 Like

As a fact i want to explain, in an economical way, why keeping these 3 months of headstart is like shooting themselfs in the crouch:

Let’s say we have 3 friends, all three of them wants to play tree of savior.

1- can pay the 50 USD one
1- the other two can pay the 20 USD one

Let’s remember this: 50USD package start on march, 20USD pachage start on april.

WHat will happen? Obviously the first one will buy the 20USD one exactly like his friends. So it’ll be 20+20+20= 60USD

What would happen instead if everyone would start the same day?

the first one will still buy the 50 one to have more TP and other stuff, the other ones will still buy the 20 one so it’ll be: 50+20+20= 90 with a 30USD more income to IMC.

Multiply this for how many group of friends will actually do this, i think it’ll be by the hundreds.

We still have another thing to consider tho… the ones that can’t and won’t buy the game even in the cheapest format… well as long asa these people have friends that are willing to pay, the fact that they will not be into the game for three months will just make it so that at least 50% of the ready to buy people (it’s a bet of mine the 50%) will just wait till the F2P start to play thus making IMC lose a TON of money for no reason.

OFC if instead of three months it was some days or a couple of weeks these people would probably just go into the game, learn it and wait a little bit for their friends in order to help them better.

What’s the difference? The difference is “having to wait a little bit for my friends” and “having to wait 1/4 of the year for my friends”.

Then we can consider all the people that were willing to pay but will not due to IMC breaking their promise on the OBT: not all of them could be changed back as customers now BUT making the headstart shorter instead of 2 months, thus giving people what the company promised in the first place, WILL get someone back.

That is called minimizing the losses after you screw up and are risking on losing at least 50% of the playerbase/potential customers because of your dumbness.

Really… it’s just about having a “liiiiiiiitle” bit of intelligence and you can understand why the 3 months of headstart is like shooting ToS in the head and leave it for dead while everything could be solved easely by reducing that time.

1 Like

They are not cancelling them, but have changed some things. Let’s wait.