Tree of Savior Forum

Freely class build, why not?

Due to the bug now everyone can take any class without limited. I think what will happen if we make it become function.
I mean, you start with archer, but in rank 2 you can freely choice to take pyro class, or priest class, or rank 1 class (cleric, swordman…)
Then the game will become super ultra high variety and unique. We can see an Archer with thier summoned pet. We can see the one using sword knockback enemy then change weapon to bow and shot. We can make unique build which no one think to.
Is sound fun? :grinning:

Bad idea, imo it will be a nightmare… each branch have their characteristics, it’s not for nothing ._.

It maybe sounds fun, but I suppose you didn’t think about stats distribution… Why not for an archer/sword or Wiz/cleric build, but for other combinaisons, no…

Too chaotic. Some classes would be completely ignored, and it would take the small sense of uniquity you can have in your character since everyone can be everything.

It would kind of be like Eden Eternal all over again.

still limit with 7-8 rank, that mean take 7-8 class is max

“each branch have their characteristics”
why not creat your characteristics by yourself instead?
about stats distribution, i try to up SPR, CON and take Cryo + Clearic, very effective
or you can go all rounder

No.

This is not a good idea. We will not need party, everyone would be independent. Imagine a class with high defense that still can be cured, it would be ridiculous.
Sorry friend, but your idea is not good.

To tell the truth, they already are, on my last world boss fight,
the clerics weren’t even supplying heal for the wounded players, all were only charging the boss.

This is a disaster waiting to happen. NOPE

This idea would only work in a single player game. In an mmo, you have to encourage play with other players. To do that, you have to limit what each class can do so that one player can never do everything.

Wait… isn’t that a Cleric’s role?

1 Like

@michaelgteed

When I said that, I was thinking of a tanker class melee, that can call the monsters for him. If he could heal, it would be virtually immortal.

I may have expressed myself badly. I could give more examples, but it could become more confusing.

Ps. Clerics have high defense?

No, it will be full of cleric-linker-doppel builds

1 Like

ive thought on this since i started ToS. for now it will be abit choatic and overpower, but with some changes it’ll be the best class system imo. so much possibility. so much fun.

Clerics are op. They have heal and safezones, which make them practically immortal. Then they have sadhu, monk and druid which have dps on par with swordsmans (actually i think it’s better than swordsmans).

1 Like

I would love to chain Sleep /Freeze into Discerning Devils and CC my opponent all day :smiley:

Well, my friend when Cleric and lots of Con and Int and wore plate mail. He hardly ever dies while us mages/archers get one shot by things. (I even have like 20 points into con). There was only one thing that killed him like three times and me and my other friend was like, “we’re fine”

This would never be a good idea on ToS. All builds would be almost independent, some classes would be forgotten forever, probably there would have 2 or 3 builds that everyone would use, what would make the game boring, and the classes would lost what makes them unique.

Seems like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance where you can pick and combine any class depends on their race (Humans, Moogle, Bangaa), for example a Ninja Mage or Monk Spear. This could work but you have to reprogram and redesign the whole game to be more balance thus pushing the release date even further, heck might just even make a new game rather than going all of those trouble.

You idea is good to say the least but it is not suitable to be implemented into ToS.

No sound fun .-.

For more freedom that the game is, we need be oriented somehow.

Poor freedom is sux.
Over freedom is too.

In some time,the game will stay excessily confuse and bore xP.