Tree of Savior Forum

FPS Issues? Read Here! (CPU vs GPU)

Well, it would be common sense to fix first the lag and performance before anything else, i think their focus now would be that, but if not, as i said above, in 6 days hell will break loose, unless they say that the F2P will be postponed again, which i doubt they would do, and even if they do hell will break loose same way lol.

It will be a shame tho, not be able to play because the server is crashing due to heavy load, it is like our Stress Test last year was just for show. If it wasn’t just for show.

Wall of text would be if I didn’t separate anything and it was all one massive paragraph.

Also claiming “everyone” already knows something is an anecdotal fallacy and has no merit. I’m sure there are many people that don’t know this.

It’s a Korean thing. ToS isn’t the only Korean Grindan MMO that only uses a single CPU core and mostly ignores the GPU.

If you don’t see the amount of posts about FPS drop, the answers on them, and even old posts by doing search (in the forum, don’t need to use google), i can’t do nothing about lazy or w/e you want to call the attitude.

And as i said on other posts (the really negative ones), buying access to a game that is not complete without research about the game’s actual state is a waste of money, unless you don’t mind problems popping up all the time, then there is nothing left to say.

Repeating what has already been said over and over won’t fix the problems, if IMC will fix them faster or no only they can decide, but on performance, with the actual server crashes right before the F2P date, i doubt they will do something.

It’s not entirely the CPU.

I have ultra crap teir i3, 4th gen and locked, and ToS only absorbs about 20-30% of the CPU power, however, look at the netcode. It’s all TCP connections.

You get spammed with a flood of packets that aren’t handled correctly and that is what really causes most of the lag.

Yes, the CPU does play a role but not as big as the netcode that is poorly structured.

I get 30-40 FPS in empty fields, and about 15 ish fps in cities, and that is with my really crappy CPU. But guild war? World boss? Haha.

I wasn’t complaining at all… I was making an informative post not a complaining post. Mainly encouraging people to not waste money upgrading their video cards thinking it will make a huge difference. I don’t see how it personally caused you any harm or inconvenience you just seem like someone with a chip on their shoulder trying to be an internet tough guy.

1 Like

True, I’m mainly meaning (as stated just above) not to run out and buy a $500.00 video card thinking its going to solve the problems. That’s why I also said that game is poorly optimized (netcode included)

I see, but i don’t see any necessity that we need to waste money on that, the developer already stated the minimum requirement to be able to play, and many are even able to play with built-in GPUs (mostly Intel users).

The last thing i will be harmed is from something on internet, you can think w/e you want about me, tbh, i am one of the people who try to help, in the techincal part at least, the best i can.
If i do look tough to you its on your eyes, not mine and i am sure not on who really know me.

Well, in the end, obvious stuff is obvious.
I will remove myself from your thread.
Good luck there.

I don’t think you’re understanding what I’m saying. How am I encouraging people to waste money? I’m saying the opposite… I think this is a lost in translation type of thing.

I’m using an i7 6700k CPU and have never seen my FPS drop below 55 in crowded towns. I haven’t really changed anything on the CPU. I’m not sure why my PC is handling the FPS issues so well in comparison to what others are dealing with.

If its cpu heavy and only uses one core, that explains it for me. 8 core FX 8350… single core performance isn’t great.

Most games only use one core though i hear. I can play fallout 4 just fine…

dont bother upgrade anything, even with this rig FPS spikes still happen

1 Like

so… its a korean thing to be a crappy developer :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Rank 4 in the single thread performance chart
No wonder you’re having no problems lel

There was quite a few topics already explaining and demonstrating this, with screenshots and everything.
For example:

Title is obvious misleading clickbait. Thread should be deleted.

How is it click bait? If people are having issues they might think “Hey I better go upgrade my GPU or CPU!!” this topic was meant to avoid people from wasting money.

Also why would I even care, do you think I’m getting ad revenue from each person that comes into the topic lol.

well… some forum people just cant take another post on the same topic

The title is: FPS Issues? Read Here! (CPU vs GPU)

You are giving off the false assumption that you have some sort of cure to fps related issues when all you did was regurgitate the same crap that’s been posted here every 10min. clickbait

Then report it, I was trying to be helpful.