Tree of Savior Forum

Founder pack price increase?

He is just a weebo or an emo who is jealous of people able to afford the packs. Just ignore such people. Let’s just continue to play our game hahahaha.

Steam Regional Pricing is valid, as low margin with big volume is more applicable in low currency region.
It is not about fair or not for players, but it is about profitable for IMC.

Direct conversion basically just shoo 9 potential buyers away with 1 rich player continue to buy the package, this is really bad marketing especially such a big change in pricing may make them feeling deceived. If IMC want to increase the cost to make difficult for botters, they should just eliminate EA1 and EA2, with EA3 30% discount as planned but implement it 2 days earlier.

This would make everyone happy and win-win situation.

It is really fun to watch this tread. And what is more fun - is inability of some players (mainly US-ones) to understand, that ToS developers just cut themselves from like 3/4 of income. For fun and games. And that would affect the server`s development, no matter, can you afford the premium or not.

And yes, Im one of those players, who dont really need premium items to begin with. If in the beginning, I was planning to buy some suits, some self-res scrolls and/or some enchant scrolls, now Im more like "nah, Im good as it is". And I dont think there are just a few of players like me. So… If the developer don`t want our money - so be it, no offense taken.

1 Like

I wanted to purchase more packs but suddenly IMC announced a discount. Well what’s wrong with waiting for 3 weeks if I don’t need more TP right now anyway. That’s what we were promised. And we got screwed over. IMC lied shamelessly and once again decided to not follow their own statements but do the opposite thing.
What exactly makes you think complaining players weren’t really going to buy more packs? Why do I see this bull in, like, every thread? It is exactly the opposite, if you don’t want to buy pack you cannot care less about it’s price.

7 Likes

DEAD GAME now move along

1 Like

Homophobia is the fear of being perceived as a homosexual.

Unless, of course, they decide to backpedal, re-adjust the pricing for regional players and sweeten the deal with some added goodies for everyone (i.e. more/better stuff in Founder’s Packs). You don’t get away unscathed after a last-second price juggling act like that.

Reputation aside (I don’t think it can get any worse now, not after so much incoherence with all early access, servers, anti-bot measures and so on), situation is still salvageable… In theory. Depends on how IMC decides to handle it now.

3 Likes

This is bad bruh. Raising prices with no announcement and shutting out a large percentage of players from developing countries. :confused:

Agreed. People may forgive but they won’t forget… unless one suffer from an extreme case of absent mindedness…

Who wanna pay that amount of money for this problematic unpolished game then do so. I’d rather spend my money on many other better games out there.

2 Likes

Well IMC does just that all the time

Anyone knows if they will revert that?

They might, if nobody outside of US/EU buys it.

Well, I was about to buy the Founder’s Pack 1 too when the discount comes and then I’ve come across this thread. It still is $50 on my end but to my friends who live in SEA, it does sound unfair. I’ve read this thread and I can understand those who were complaining regarding the removal of the regional pricing system.

Come on guys, they are from a third world country. They are already taking the unfair side in real life so I think it’s wrong to say it’s ‘unfair’ if they don’t pay the same amount as we did over a game. I shudder to think on how about living in their country and overwork only for a game to take up most of my salary. Sure it’s a game and nobody is forcing you to buy TP but people would most likely want to partake on what’s part of it. That’s why there are regional prices in Steam and it’s called INT server. Sure we also pay bills but the salary is just enough unlike some of the third world countries. This is a game for players who should be able to partake in anything and a business for IMC. If these players were to feel restricted in buying TP due to the ‘high prices’ on their end, then IMC would lose potential paying and playing customers.

Why do you think some people from those SEA countries work abroad? Because the salary in their country is not as high despite the workload/effort and is better on a different country. So in my opinion, making them pay as high as a first world country just to be ‘fair’ is wrong since again, they are already on the unfair side with the currency exchange rates, economy and stuff. I doubt students could even enjoy themselves and get the comfort of using the TP shop with these changes… (Again, this is a game so please don’t compare this with real luxurious items such as cars and iPhones)

TL;DR, removing the regional prices isn’t “fair”. The pricing is already fair and affordable on our end and on their end with the regional prices. Stop being selfish by seeing it as “unfair” just because we pay more. Take their income, exchange rates and economy at the very least.

Say for example, what if it was the other way around? 1 USD = 0.10 RMB? And the game sells its founder’s package for 10 RMB? That’s about $100 USD for you and only 10 RMB for them but because of regional prices, it goes down to $50 on your end for convenience and affordability and suddenly IMC removes it. I would feel very much the same.

12 Likes

Look boy, I can afford this game better of you, I’m only worried about tos future. Or do you think NA and a little percentage of EU can sustain the game?

They did what many company do arround world on black friday: Sell something a X value, after they rise prices. When black friday comes, they do a “discount”.

I’ve read your second post and can tell you that it’s wrong for several reasons.

First of all, IMC blatantly LIED to their customers. They told about discount and raised prices instead. That already smells like sh*t.

Secondly, IMC will lose MAJORITY of payers this way. It’s now obvious that their marketologist is simply bad, because every their decision was a huge fail. So I doubt they calculated the loss and the profit of such change.

It’s more like they made another insanely silly move. They could’ve sold packs at original price and then just remove regional prices for TP purchases. This way most players would buy packs and only those who can afford higher prices would buy TP.

Lying to customets won’t help them raise trades for sure.

3 Likes

Nop.

Hello everyone,
Apologies for any confusion the changes in price may have caused.We
have elected to not use the Steam regional pricing system and use normal
currency conversion rates in the meantime for a number of reasons.
Please note that it may be subject to change in the future.
First of all, we are trying to up our game against the influx of bots
/ payment system abusers / etc. We discovered that many of the
confirmed accounts we blocked were using payment methods from regions
with relatively lower prices. They were able to purchase more products
to make more botting accounts with less money.
Next, the value of TP was not being properly represented in-game.
Although we acknowledge that exchange rates do not take living standards
into consideration, the Steam regional pricing system was also far from
perfect. People abusing the system via VPN etc could purchase more TP
for less money, and this is harmful for the in-game economy.
Please understand that this is a shorter, simplified explanation and
there will most likely be a more formal announcement on this matter in
the near future.

1 Like

Yeah, but then this post disappeared.

1 Like

Just waiting for official announcement.

Did I say, I dont want to buy stuff? I just said regional pricing exists for a reason, and if the most profitable online game company can use it, then i think its safe to say everyone can use it :p.

Also yes, while im able to buy anything i want i know that isnt the case for most of the people living in my country.