Tree of Savior Forum

Founder pack price increase?

To pay peanuts for games I’d be happy to sign up for a credit card/ never cared for my steam region.

then do it, grab a fake passport, get in a country with regional pricing, go to a bank, speak their language, open a bank account, get a credit card from said bank and change your steam region + use vpn, i’m sure it’s worth a few bucks!

edit: and hope to not be busted :v

1 Like

IMC has exposed too many weaknesses so far, especially in planning, they just do thing and make decision spontaneously.
the only best thing is they are willing to listen and make change, it is also a steam hosting so the reaction could be very fast, but not expecting any sharp improvements in 1 year.

Pfft don’t be all dramatic about it!

Running a VPN is nothing that someone who knows how to use google cant do nowadays, English works in a lot of countries and you can simply grab a disposable credit card/steam monies.

I doubt i’d do any of it but if there are no restrictions on playing together on any of the games why not pick up one of these packages or a quarter of the price (“a few bucks”).

eeeh… never saw a disposable credit card on any 3rd world country i’ve ever visited, nor steam gift cards, but if you say so

anyway, I never had to search a lot about those things, since I live in a blessed country where i can buy steam games for 50% their prices, and electronics for 500% :v
but i’m pretty sure that it’s not that flawed, valve is a huge company and usually are good on making those stuffs hard to exploit

Hmm well you can set up your card to be accepted internationally for pretty much anything that has visa or mastercard on it. The steam cards are just something you’d add to an account, i dont think itd be anything regional.

We had to do some fun shenanigans to play region locked games (usually korean MMOs) like trying to come up with a good SSN that matches. Gotta make friends for that kind of stuffs, but sometimes its the only way to try out games.

50% off games but 5 times the electronics O.o, mind if I ask where?

irc your billing address need to be in the country you are buying

but well, with friends in said countries it’s possible, just ask for em to buy your games, retrieve on their countries and then you log in, did this for a friend when he was on usa, not sure if, done constantly, valve will find out or not tho

and, brazil

The problem is you would have to remain playing on said VPN while you play as well. It’s not like all evidence is gone once you buy the DLC. People have tried this for other games and have gotten banned for it. I remember it being initially suggested as a good solution to the ridiculous pricing of Mass Effect’s DLC years after its release.

3% cheaper, what a change.

thats a possibility too, duno, but the price increase is really bad

this^^, some ppl just talk a lot of sht, i’m surprised u have patience to answer correctly =)

He didnt answer anything correctly. lol

@STAFF_Ethan

I come from a first world country and I find that the IMC pricing now is ridiculous. Economy don’t work like that and doing that will alienate a lot of players from countries whose currency is valued lesser than US.

There is a workaround for these bot, RMT and exploit issue, i.e. to introduce timed TP. For example:

Purchasing a $50 Founder’s pack or equivalent, you will get the same items but the 650 TP will be trickled down to you. The game will give you 20TP every 24 hours for the next 33 days, similar to how we get our bonus TP currently.

This combats a number of things, it stops

1. Exploiters, they can’t get their TP fast, buy tokens, sell and quickly close account or request for refund. Accounts have to wait up to 4 weeks to fully redeem the TP rewards, with that it is hard to request for a steam refund.

2. Bots to a certain extend. With bot reporting and this in place, bot players will face greater risks as the TP payment might not be fully ‘redeemed’ before they got banned.

3. For players who can’t stand to wait for the trickled TP, just buy more “packs” when TP purchasing is available. :grin: . They are “stackable”, if you want 650 TP straight? Buy 33x packs and you get 660TP everyday for the next 33 days. With so much invested into an account, I trust that you are a real player and not someone who create a ghost account to exploit right? :3

With this the $30 and $50 founders pack can be still priced a regional pricing to allow more players to have a chance to play this awesome game without breaking an arm or a leg. $10 founders pack should be removed though, it is currently too affordable for bots.

With this it makes investigating players who abuse the system slightly easier too, look for accounts that have huge amounts of “TP purchase packs” and require those accounts to have verified payment without refunds before giving them the TP.

4 Likes

This wouldnt work, at least for the forum users. Theyd just complain about the wait.

It’s a decent idea though.

well i was thinking about calling u some bad word, but he didnt do it =)
looooooool

Well they have to choose the lesser of the 2 evils. We do live in a world where some players will do anything to get an advantage over others.

Aww why not.

1 Like

@STAFF_Ethan

this is bullshit. was waiting for the 30% discount and now u decided to take off the steam regional prices. no announcement prior to the price hike whatsoever. here in malaysia, it will take an average income earner 5-6 days working 8-9 hours a day to afford founder 1 alone.

1 Like

The boleto exploit has nothing to do with this, the problem was with the PAYMENT MODE not with the price, even if the price in this mode was 490325732574389U$ ppl would still abuse it, since had 2~3 days to pay it and ppl could access before the payment confirmation, was a bad system and had nothing to do with regional pricing.
Now this could be a good move, only if it affects the bots till the game launch since it’s going to f2p and the gold companys isn’t going to buy early access anymore. I’m from brazil and if this prices stay the same most of ppl is just not going to spend money in TP, for now is better for us to just buy TP instead of silver from gold companys due to the disccount, if you change this the number of ppl buying from silver sellers is going to rise asfk

@STAFF_Ethan

Still no answer on my previous post then I have to asks again

Is that code real? (plz see my previous post)

30% DLC discount also decrease TP amount
650 to 455
380 to 266
If that code is real with currently price I have to pay more but get less especially EA2.