Tree of Savior Forum

For those who like Sadhu

I did try C2 > Priest 3 > Chap > PD1 and while I did like it quite a bit, I did not find the damage particularly higher or lower than Sadhu. I did miss my extra Heal tiles on this build though, which is what made me settle for my current. Mind you, my cleric is still Rank 7 so my impressions may be different because of that.

Yeah, but that PD not sadhu, while Prana have a better scaling, SPR blessing will give much more dps to the whole party

healing factor - you almost immortal

Yeah my mistake, sadhu actually has more damage than a SPR build because of better in scaling on all skill

I have two Sadhus, one C3>Diev>Sadhu2>Kabba2 and
one C3>Diev>Sadhu3>Taoist. While Sadhu C3 sure is a little better damage,
Sadhu C2 is ± enough to get you the goodies you need, Possession and Praktiris healing attribute.

OOB is really bad currently, the autoattacks don’t have any decent damage even with level 50+ attribute unless you got a really really good weapon.
It will get a little better when we get the patch where Transmit Prana affects OOB damage and DEX affects OOBs Aspd, but until then it’s not even decent, better autoattack with your mace to deal better damage…

Still, I like Sadhu mainly because of the free Healing via Praktiri and Possession to keep the mobs in check (for at least 6,5 seconds -> 9,5 seconds downtime with Laima)& deal acceptable damage for acceptable attribute upgrade prices.

With my Catacombs Club I can reach up to 120k with my level 6 Possession, so it’s decent enough once I get my Vienarazis Mace for a damaging skill. Level 11 Possession with the same weapon + Transmit Prana on my other Sadhu ticks for a bit more, ~ 140k [has less attribute on Possession xD].

For an AoE skill with a short CD time the skill is simply worth 2-3 ranks, and Telekinesis/Soul element has no element that is resistant against it.

Now only OOB needs to be good enough to be worth the investment of time& skillpoints into the hiding skills Fade/Dark Sight and everything is perfect :slight_smile:

I made some TP tests at lvl 323, against lvl 327 monsters using a +7 Pevordimas Rod and average gear.
Cleric C2>Diev C1>Sadhu C3>Plague Doctor C2:

http://i.imgur.com/eENOCEu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/e1geLFp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8KOi8io.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/45ijDss.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/MOZsMGG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eUvzqHS.jpg

I was not using any other buff. Damage can be further increased with Pardoner Sacrament + Blessing buff, or against some weak monsters. My Possession can hit up to 11k per tick on the right monsters, and ABE I have already seen 55k on explosion.

Overall it’s an insane aoe dps build for solo cleric and open world group, but of course it’s less supportive than other classes if you intend to do Earth Tower.

Also, the only combo I make is Laima + Divine Might + Transmit Prana for a 60sec buff with 65sec cooldown.

I’m now a Sadhu main, although my build differs from the meta PD2 sadhu builds, here are my thoughts on the class. My main build is C2>Diev1>Sadhu3>Miko>Taoist.

C2 Bokor1 Sadhu3 PD2 is more of a dps centric, soloist build. The priest variant will be better if you want good support for party play too.

Just like what @siderit99 said, the SadhuPD2 build is built in a way to get maximum damage out of PD’s Vapor-Incinerate. The build screams more of PD rather than Sadhu. Sadhu is just a damage buffer in the build, which is why you feel that the class offers nothing more than just damage buffs.

For PD2s, there isn’t really much rotation needed for sadhu to shine though. At high transcend levels + enchancements, just Vapor, Hex + a full screen Pandemic will often do the job, add in a couple of effigies if they didn’t die.

Which is why I build my main as Diev1 Miko Taoist instead, it capitalise on what Sadhu is capable of and makes the build feel like it is Sadhu. :3

So on to the skills and what is brings to the party.

Transmit Prana transmits 60% of our stats to another party member. Currently there is a bug in which we can cast it on ourselves and get an extra 60% of our own stats. Unlike priest’s blessing which target party wide, sadhu’s TP only can target 1 player.

As the balance patch kicks in, skills that previously will lock monsters in place such as hamaya, frost cloud, fire pillar, retreat shot etc (due to position desync) no longer ‘soft cc’ the mobs. This is where Sadhu’s possession comes in. Possession is an aoe which roots monsters in place. This helps quite a bit in party play where the party wants the monsters to stay at 1 location while the other dpsers do their job.

1 Like

Just like what @siderit99 said, the SadhuPD2 build is built in a way to get maximum damage out of PD’s Vapor-Incinerate. The build screams more of PD rather than Sadhu. Sadhu is just a damage buffer in the build, which is why you feel that the class offers nothing more than just damage buffs.

I wouldn’t say that. While yes, TP makes vapor and incinerate damage rise substantially and those are two of your best skills, possession (and all your other skills that get boosted by TP) are just as important. PD 2 gameplay is high cooldown and posession with ABE are just about the best skills to fill in the gap, not to mention they can become absurdly strong because TP gives you better scaling on everything you cast the stronger you are. I am fairly certain that PD can utilize sadhu to its fullest potential excluding using out of body itself as a dps source which becomes unneeded due to your already high skill damage potential (and to be honest it would be unneeded either way due to its low damage output to begin with).

If you are only considering dailies and farming, then definitely just vapors is enough for the most part. However, the more challenging enemies you face the more important sadhu becomes for a PD build. I am using a Cleric 2 Diev 1 Sadhu 3 PD 2 and in clearing 40F a large part of our DPS comes from ice tree into Posession with TP and chapparition proc to double down on its burst as vapors/incinerate also tic all over the place. This build can easily compete with the usual wiz 3 ele 3 warlock 2 in terms of being an aoe magic DPS to the point that your party does not even care to expect any support from you because you are simply one of the DPS.

3 Likes

Im using the same build c2 diev sadhu3 pd2. Can confirm damage is good. Now we just need out of body to work with blessing and prana

afaik Transmit Prana works with OOB on kTest (?), but I’m happy that Blessing doesnt work with OOB.

It’s a good thing, because you can use OOB autoattacks for damage without consuming your Blessing counts and use the Blessing damageboost for your Heals/Cures/Possessions instead.

If you’re geared properly, the damage could possibly skyrocket [129% x 1,4 {attribute} + 50% TP{element boost} + (0,68 x min matk x 1,5 {bonus TP damage})] as an autoattack can reach ~ 330% of your matk. Imagine you got 4-5k matk, that’s around 13,2k - 16,5k damage per attack; Since OOB autoattacks are affected by ASPD on kTest, with 200-300 DEX to reach medium pingcap ASPD, your Sadhu can wreck havoc like no tomorrow xD

After all this calculations, it makes me want my Sadhu C3 back on my main, but sadly I can’t yet; gotta wait till Rank 10 to make it happen :frowning:

200-300 dex without int? doubt anyone would go like that waiting for ktos patches to hit itos to “test” such a theorycraft dmg.

I just want to make krivis good again by doing transmit + storm call + Zaibas and creeping death.

Like imagine Zaibas getting an extra 2500 dmg from transmit along with storm call.

So like 4-5k maybe then the storm call buff for idk if it’s 50 or 100% but regardless let’s say 8k x 38. Seems pretty good :stuck_out_tongue: add 60 x 5-6k creeping death for another huge chunk of dmg.

Nice to see sadhu3pd2 being able to compete with elememes for aoe magic DPS.

After trying out PD2, personally I find it too efficient for my liking, the damage of dots and area of effect of pandemic is almost like using a ‘cheat mod’ lol. :smiling_imp:

Since you’re quite ahead, which weapon are you using and which one will be better between heart/skull?

I like Sadhu because

A S T R A L B O D Y E X P L O S I O N

It’s disgusting in a good way(?)

I might have to disagree with Possession lacking in damage, the skill is actually doing fine for me, as it is enough to kill a group of mobs in 290 DG.

Actually I’m going to on my main (Sadhu C2) since I’ve got nothing to lose aside of a little damage. But since Possession level 6 and ABE level 11 don’t have such high %-multipliers, I don’t lose as much possible damage by ditching INT for CON and DEX.
Might be stupid or might be the right choice, we’ll have to see xD

On my other Sadhu I’ll stay with INT and will be able to ± determine if it will be worth the investment or not once I get a decent weapon and once the patch hits iTOS.

I’m using a stage 10 Heart of Glory but the enhancement is not high as it reached 0 potential before diamond anvils were released. The beauty of sadhu is that transmit prana scales amazingly well with magic attack, so to make the most of it you have to go for the weapon and items that offer the highest minimum magic attack (HoG provides more than Skull smasher and blue gems possibly scale better than red), full INT and chapparition cards.

When you are that focused on DPS, the soul property damage shown in the skill’s tooltip becomes over 5~6k normally and ~10k when using chapparition card. This damage also appears to scale better than regular property attack in the new formula. I haven’t really tested, but it’s probably affected either by TP’s own 150% soul damage or something else like attributes or skill factor. This makes every single skill you have as a cleric hit like 10 trucks and no one will complain about your heal tiles being set to damage when you can OHKO bosses with them.

Wow, how much is your matk at that level? Around 7-8k?

Yeah, around that much. On the higher end when using self-buff although it’s best not to rely on that since it’s something that might be patched eventually. For now it’s a nice little bonus though.

Yep I agree, the self buff will be fixed eventually so it is best not to factor it in for build considerations.

Wonder at that level how much will Taoist’s bygone demon deal. Something to look forward to for my sadhu Tao build, currently with 5.3k matk, Tri-disaster and Bygone demon it deals around 40-50k x3 as an aoe.