Tree of Savior Forum

Fletcher3 Discussion Thread, Clearing the Fog and Busting Myths

25% crit rate ia huge with all the crit rate you’re getting From gear and gems

so is crossfire still worth getting?

Honestly I know some fletchers who only get 1 point in it just for the burn effect, and max out barbed + broadhead arrow instead.

So what’s the optimal skill point allocation now? Everything but Magic Arrow is quite underwhelming. Barrage does more damage than Crossfire. You won’t need Barbed Arrow or Broadhead since Magic Arrow is that much better for single-target. DMA is only good for its CC.

I just started a new archer. This is my first time. I was gonna go A1 R3 but then in international ToS people seem to move towards A2 R2 now. So I have two questions.

Where is the 25% perma crit comeing from in A2? Which skill??? I really can’t find out…

Is A1>R2>A2 the same thing as A2>R2 in this end?

It’s an attribute.

cheers

International people move towards A2 R1 Scout1.

I maxed Broadhead arrow because it does a lot of damage outside of world bossing scenarios for relatively cheap cost. Very useful for low key world bossing and saalus covent.

My build:

Broadhead 15
Bodkin1
Barbed 1
Crossfire 15
Magic Arrow 10
DMA 3

I’m at A1>R1 so from there I can go A2 and then Scout1 or Scout1 and then A2 right? the order doesn’t really matter??

I realize Scout is for late game utility. How about Hunter instead of Scout so you move faster on companion mount?

@sudonim7

I would like to add some info about the Fletcher skills:

1. You cant cast any Fletcher skill while moving. Some skill will “root” you and you will stand still while you are locked in the execution time or in the after cast delay time.
  1. You can cancel execution time from some skills.
  1. You can avoid after cast delay with low ping if you jump rigth after cast some skills, but it is not effective with high ping or if you cast another high execution time skill.
  1. Some skill reduces the execution time from Fletcher skills (“cancel” them after x seconds)
  1. Execution time = time you take to cast / use the skill. Not affected too much by ping, can be canceled after x seconds.
  1. After cast delay time = time you take doing nothing after you use x Skill. It is heavily affected by ping.

Some considerations about Fletcher skills and it’s execution time and after cast delay time:

1. Bodkin point: defence is not a big deal in 75% of enemy mobs cases, so it is not good as it sounds. It can remove shield skills (siaulai last boss for ex.). Execution time = 0.6 sec, can’t be canceled. After cast delay is pretty short to inexistent.
  1. Broadhead arrow: Bleed damage + duration and initial damage scales pretty well, same for it’s damage atribute. After 10 or 11 level, the extra bleed duration is less relevant as you can recast it in 10 sec. Execution time = 0.7s, cancellable after 0.5s (is easier to cancel it with another fast execution skill, like Spiral arrow for example.) After cast delay is pretty short to inexistent.
  1. Barbed arrow: It is a fake multiple hit skill (it does 100% damage against plate armor targets, 200% against leather and 300% against coth armor targets) the damage numbers it shows are just “fluff”, but it does 100/200/300% (or 0% against ghost armor enemys). It scales well against leather and cloth. Execution time = 0.6 and it can be cancellable with “jump” rigth after the skill use (this works better with low ping), or with another fast execution time skill. After cast delay is pretty short to inexistent and the jump trick makes it goes to zero anyway.
  1. Crossfire: Our only true aoe skill and… It is not that good, as you said in another topic and I 100% agree with you now. Burn atribute is weak but its better than nothing and it scales well with blessing buff or elemental damage bonus. Sp per use per level increase is one of the worst sp scales in the Fletcher skills. Aoe behavior is limited too. Execution time = 0.6s. Right, is that short… but the after cast delay time is one of the worst, 0.8s or more with high ping.
  1. Magic Arrow: Damage scales ridiculously well, as everyone knows. Pretty big execution time hurts it bad sometimes, same for it’s short aoe. Execution time = 1.3s, can be reduced to 1s but that is usually too hard to do. After cast delay 0.5s to 1s depending on your ping.
  1. Divine Machine Arrow: The biggest flat damage scale from all Fletchers skills. It’s colateral damage hits in a pretty big aoe after 1 ~ 2s. This aoe damage seems to ignore enemys armor / size damage reductions. Execution time = 1.3s and its pretty hard to cancel it, plus with high ping it may goes to 1.5 or even 2s, because you start the skill animation again if your target moves to fast and / or out of your range. After cast delay 0.5s.

Thats why I said all the time we can not use a lot of skills, if the objective is to spam Magic arrow as soon as we can. Our rotation is pretty much locked to 2 or 3 skills uses (not all orverheat charges can be used sometimes) before you can cast magic arrow again, thanks to execution times + after cast delay times + the fact you stand still while cast them AND you need to move / repositioning / avoid enemy skill.

Also, I saw A LOT of dps arguing that did not take any of the above infos into account. That leads to misinformation and theorycraft Statements, while real gameplay seems to doesnt matter for this players.

Feel free to add more info.

3 Likes

Can you share with us your Fletcher skill point allocation? I left Crossfire at level 1 and I am unimpressed with its damage. I’m still using my level 5 Barrage for AoE. I was planning to leave Broadhead, Bodkin, and DMA at 1, but now I just don’t know what’s the most effective allocation.

This is what I have right now at F2, and I’m saving points until I know what I want to add:
1 Broadhead
0 Bodkin
10 Barbed
1 Crossfire
5 Magic Arrow

F2 for me:
10 broadhead
4 bodkin
1 barbed
5 crossfire
5 magic arrow

I would prefer to max magic arrow, then bring broadhead and bodkin up to lv10 and max that machine shock explosion thing. Don’t underestimate the bleed for 10s. It is really nice to take down those fat hp mobs and bosses. It is a great filler rotation for every 10 seconds > bodkin;broadhead;magic arrow.

Well this thread need some gameplay videos…

Here is my own Fletcher gameplay:

Your skill build looks good.

That is… an uncommon choice…

I’m curious on how to cancel skill execution time, I’ve tried on my own and saw no difference. I could probably be doing wrong and also the ping is not favorable at the moment, so I don’t know.

Is there any guide to be read or video to watch? :bow_and_arrow:

Surprised there isn’t much mention of A2/R2/F3. R2 gives you more damage on Barrage, which would be your main wide range AOE attack plus it’s a great single target attack skill up close. Steady Aim at level 10 also gives you an additional 5% damage compared to R1. I say that Barrage would be your main wide range AOE skill because I don’t think Crossfire is worth investing anything in. The damage sucks and the burn ticks aren’t even worth mentioning.

I went Sc1 and I think the Cloaking skill and the speed passive is amazing. That alone is worth it. Besides the additional 5% damage for Steady Aim is totally not worth it when you can get more from Steady Aim passive anyway. If it works for you then that’s good but for that 5% doesn’t justify forgoing Sc1 imo. A2/R2 totally makes sense for Korean server tho because they have longer time and higher damage on Steady Aim but they’ll probably get the nerf as well sooner or later. I’m still new to Archer but so far not regretting going Sc1 route. When they make it 8 then I guess this discussion will be moot and u pick Sc1 and I pick R2??

Speaking as a A2R2F3 myself, it’s because there are far more better options. Taking up 1 whole class just for 5% more damage and slightly stronger Barrage isn’t worth it. It isn’t the optimized route but still good if you don’t want other class.

Yes Barrage is beast as a shotgun AoE but it has a long cooldown. If you get used to the weirdness of Crossfire it’s good but it burns your PP fast since you need to max it just for it to make a so-so damage.

Ranger2 is hot garbage.

Fletcher is, indeed, a great AoE class, by far the best on the archer tree. Its true that it needs alot of SP Potions, but with the level 10 potions being around 700s each in the market, its very easy to maintain.

are you talking about crossfire?