Tree of Savior Forum

Fencer stat points distribution

Hi everyone <3

I wanted to do a fencer build with 3xSwordsman>1xPeltasta>1xCorsair>3xFencer but I messed up my stat points distribution going full DEX. Now I’ve bought the reset potion but I don’t know how to distribute them. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks. (PS I’m level 148 with 7 STR, 12 CON, 3 INT, 11 SPR and 179 DEX.)

just go full dex or 1:1 until 330, then decide whats best. if u have boost box

What’s 1:1? And going full DEX is so boring and tedious, I am not doing any damage

Full dex is only worth if you have a lot of money, crit rate is obtainable only trough gear atm and dex increase only crit dmg, if you are poor you should invest in str for dmg.

Tough dex is also needed for atack speed.

And also, some would say that if you are poor you shouldn’t go fencrr anyway, because fencer requires good weapon to do good dmdg, thus requiring a lot of funding.

1 Like

You can still go high Str but i dont like it.
I prefer high dex low str low con ^^

It doesn’t work for some builds like :

• Any build with Archer2/3
  • Builds with Swordman 3 and Concentrate lvl 15.

You’ll end up with a lot of additional damages by using Concentrate lvl 15 (but you need to use it a lot if you farm pack of mobs, which is not really the purpose of a Fencer I think). And, silvers are easy to earn, plus you don’t really need a lot of money to have Critical Rate gears. STR or DEX, after all you need to invest time, so skip STR.

I get the sw3 argument, as i really forgot to take concentrate into account ( tough additional dmg doesn’t scalle too well with high %Dmg skills, so there is that)

But why did you bring up archer 2/3? Is it for swift step critical rate or kneeling shot? Because step critical rate is not enough crit to carry your dmg, and kneelibg shot is a pain in the ass to use.

Optimal stat distribution for fencer (and any class that benefits from dex attack speed) highly depends on the individual and their average ping. Also you have to factor in the amount of money and time you’re going to put towards gear. For example, if you’re willing to get full solmiki leather, the amount of dex you have to invest is lower than normal because you get so much from the necklace and top and 3-set. I definitely agree that you should not go full dex, though.

Concentrate is still a meme. After all this time I can’t figure out why people think it’s good except for maybe in TBL (Though I have 9 points invested in it because there’s nothing better). It literally just adds the additional damage post-damage-calculation. The allure of Sw3 is mostly pain barrier, which frees up the gazing golem slot meta now. However, people also tend to severely underestimate double slash in both PvE and TBL. Can’t go wrong with more gung-ho either when it can be equivalent to another stage or two of transcendence.

My general opinion is that your str should be higher than your dex, but I don’t think it’s a good idea to give you exact numbers because of potential ping differences.

Stat points are not for damage, STR = Accuracy, DEX = Attack Speed, Evasion, and Block Penetration

Do not invest in these for damage, they are not worth it. The main stat for every class should be CON, it gives a ton of HP, Block, Stamina, HP Regen and I think I’m missing on other thing. You need enough STR to not miss your attacks, but you can also get it from gear and accuracy in collection so 50 should be enough if you’re weapon has STR on it, max I’d say is 120.

As for DEX you kinda just gotta feel it, when it feels right stop investing in it. After that dump all your points in CON. Without CON investment players have around 20k hp max level. Every single one of my characters has over 50k, some have over 60k, and I’m not even done. Not to mention when your in a group of monsters activating all your Evasion Fencer Skills that Block is gonna fill in the gaps and make you take almost no damage.

The 300ish damage you can get from STR IS NOT WORTH IT. STR = Accuracy. Anyone investing in STR for damage is either really bad or hasn’t yet seen the yields for each stat.

This isn’t true at all and OP had first hand experience saying they even do little-no damage without a decent amount of str. If you have support and/or know how to play, you really don’t need that much con, which turns it into more of a waste than str. 20k is awfully low as well, On fencer, I have 36k with 0 con investment and my gear isn’t good at all. Furthermore since OP is going pelt 1, they have access to an HP multiplier from swashbuckling which negates the need of con even further (from a minimum survivability standpoint). There’s a reason why full/high con fencers tend to get nowhere in TBL, at least that’s what it seems like on my server(s). Last time I checked (the stat reset event when r8 came out) high str vs no str for me made a difference of about 30-40k per compossee. That’s very significant.Also remember if you use glass mole (which most people do), it’s a multiplier on your attack range stat, so if you have more attack range stat you get more out of glass mole, which can make a very significant difference on fencer considering their relatively low attack range compared to other weapon types.

Concentrate lvl 15 is dealing (1.5 x STR + 3 x DEX +26 ). 400 DEX x 3 ( +50%). 50% is from attribute. And I don’t get why people always say it doesn’t scale well with High % Dmg skills, it is the opposite actually o_O… 200% of 3000 is always more than 200% of 1000… I really don’t get it.

For Archer 2/3, yes Swift Step is adding enough damages. My SR crit a lot with Swift Step lvl 10, a few gears that are increasing Crit Rate (but not so much). The Atk speed helps a lot, but without Limacon it doesn’t change the fact I can crit a lot. Taking into account you can take Rogue or Appraiser, or both, yeh Crit Rate is not a problem for Archers. Kneeling Shot is a pain in the ass to use yes, it’s a good skill for early levels, or for a QS Falconer / Canon, but that’s all.

You contradict yourself in this first sentance. Attack Speed increase damages, even if you deal 1 damage per hit. The more you attack fast, the more you can deal damage, simple logic. And sorry but if 3000 Critical Attack doesn’t increase your damages… just lol.

1 Like

Oh, yeah, and I think he disregarded bonus points or something, because if you invest 367 points in str, you get 9xx phys attack, not 3xx.

Did they change the way bonus dmg is calculated? Because prior to the patch was after skill dmg, thus making it good only gor multi hit skills (which generally have poor %scalling per tick).

But now bonus dmg is added before calculation?

Oh, you’re maybe right. I don’t know actually, I’ll try to test it. Still adding a lot of damages for multi hit skills.

Full DEX wins Full STR if you crit a lot.

But, Full STR wins if you have Lolopanther/Solmiki (because of +2FencerSkillLv).

So, Dex needs criting in order to be anything and also loses to STR with endgame gear so… Full STR is the best choice for now, not only because it is better for leveling (leveling with DEX is a pain in the ass, because your only damage is Concentration and Pardorner buffs).

If at least DEX gave the near physical immunity that it once gave, we could consider it. But not even that.

Aren’t fencer skills affected by atack speed? If yes than shouldn’t he include some dex on his build? For smoother rorations?

Also, why str would be better just because +2 in skills?

Flanconnade, au fer, sept, and compossee are.

I’d say it depends on your build, for something like OPs I would consider going full str because if you’re high dex or invest in dex for attack speed, you’ll just blow all your cooldowns extremely fast and have to do little or nothing for a longer amount of time. I doubt this would result in overall less DPS, but it’s still annoying to deal with imo. If you have a build that contains a lot more useful offensive skills, it’s probably a good idea to invest a decent amount of dex, or gear that gives a decent amount of dex at least.

If your only reason is the animation speed, you can build DEX with gear easily. it is not uncommon to see fencers with 300+STR and 200DEX.

Because the scalling of Fencer skills is pretty high. The amount of % you gain with those 2 levels is enough to win out DEX hits, even when criting.

I have a calculation made with the weakest hit of Fencer kit, Sept Etoiles, that shows that. I’ll try to find it.

But the fact alone that critical is not a safe path already make STR better.

Well yeah, crits are not reliable at all, specially because it is impossible to get 100% crit rate.

I’m discussing this beacuse i really don’t know, so i’m trying to build knowledge here xD.

But crits are calculated at the skill % so even assuming you crit at a 50% rate, still worth more to invest in str than dex?

Yes, exactly because of those % modifiers on top of each other. They actually affect more patk than the extra critical attack, which is only affected by Epee Garde.

Let me explain, critical damage is [patk*modifiers(skill%; aggression)*1.5] + critical attack.

let’s take a character with 300 STR and another with 300 DEX.

300 STR and no DEX addition makes a character with an innate 935 patk and 20 critical attack.

300 DEX and no STR addition makes a character with 199 patk and 1500 critical attack.

The big number on DEX makes us feel it is stronger, but it is not. Because the patk is affected by lots of modifiers like the skill%, aggression, critical, armor weakness, Epee Garde etc. while critical attack is only affected by Epee Garde.

There are also the fact that Gung Ho adds even more patk that full DEX can not achieve.

An example, let’s take the weakest hit, Sept Etoiles.

It is originally, at lv15, 219%. With Rapier Aggression, it upgrades to roughly to 250% (it does not show like that on the skill but this can be tested in game).

So let’s take the full DEX scenario (300DEX and no STR investment).
199 + 70(from gung ho) = 269
269 * 2.5(sept%) = 672
Critical Hit = 672*1.5 + 1500 = 2508
With Epee Garde = 3762
We can also add Concentrate lv15 as that is a strong point of DEX
3762 + 1404 = 5766

Now let’s see STR
935+302(from gung ho) = 1237
1237 * 2.5(sept%) = 3092
Critical Hit = 3092*1.5 + 20 = 4658
With Epee Garde = 6987
Concentrate lv15 to be fair
6987 + 736 = 7723

(If there is something wrong, please tell me and I will fix it)

I think you get the idea.

If it was not for the fact that we have lots of % modifiers for patk, DEX would surely win.

However, an important thing to note is that both Concentrate and Critical Attack are NOT affected by physical defense, which could be an important aspect if you’re having problems against high defense targets (which in this case, STR would lose). Although Coquille actually solves this problem.

2 Likes