Tree of Savior Forum

Fencer Help//Advice

Hello, I was looking for some people who were seasoned with Fencer class to maybe help me with this build http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/42etx6z5lo/

I was thinking of other variations as well as High3/Barb1 as well for the Armor Break and Crit Debuff but SwordyC3 seems like it might be alright as well I’m aiming more for PvE Rather than PvP since I don’t really play PvP much. I want to avoid Peltasta in the build since i’m not really a fan of it.

If people also know if Plate, Leather, Or both is best, As well as maybe some tips to help out along the way that would be great too.

I’m not sure of the Stats//Skills I should be pointing into advice is much appreciated. Thank you :slight_smile:

Summoning @Lostac
Come join the big Fencer thread =D

This guide covers everything you need. It is well written and informative.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

SW3 is actually good because Pain Barrier + high evasion allows you to face tank bosses without manual dodging all the time. Pelt is great for Fencers (+eva from Guardian) but OP doesn’t want it so Pain Barrier would be actually better for his build.

1 Like

If you want direct advice for High3/Barb1 fencer ask @Kascly he has the exact build

also if you’re 100% set on not taking pelt you will really want sword 3, you also lose big potential on not taking it, guardian evasion and drawing monsters to yourself eases out most things and you don’t really need to do any weapon swapping at all with fencer+pelt

You will rarely use armor break on highlander (when you already reach fencer), it’s only to be used when you’re about to throw your slash attacks, also be careful about using that on WB because you’re increasing everyone’s damage so using Coquille for your fencer skills is better.

Get both masteries, they will come in handy

1 Like

I see thank you for the advice.

I’ve reskilled this and maybe you could look at it and suggest different point distributions. Also i’m guessing Fencer needs more Dex than other stats. So I was thinking maybe 3:1:1 Dex:Con:Str maybe about 70 or so str.

HL3>BARB1 path is really great for fencer until R7. But with Epee Garde at R8, our weak point(slash) was totally covered. So you will not care with cloth type enemy anymore.

If you still want follow the hl3>barb path, you must stay aware your slash damage will fall off at R8.

If you want HL2/3, I think you really need one rank of barb in it, HL skills become weak without cleave, and Lunge has a low uptime so you can’t really be relying on it.

But if you insist on highlander just go ahead with HL3>Barb, you just need to put a lot more dex to cover up guardian.

How Lostac said, if you want more than 1 circle in highlander, you will really need one circle in barb.
Here my suggestion:

I see. Thanks your the information. @Lostac & @Kascly

I think i’m leaning towards the Sw1/High3/Barb1/Fencer since i know how High3/Barb1 already works. Fencer is just the grey area for me.

Is the lunge damage with slash attacks from highlander pretty noticeable? Say you do the cycle Skull/Atta/Lunge then let loose on high skills you’re doing pretty nice DPS i’m assuming.

I have questions on which fencer skills to really invest in since theres quite a bit of them. Also a few of them have debuffs to combo into to deal burst.

Skull swing don’t stacks with attaque coquille. So you must use them in different situations. In my post above you can find the best set for fencer(in my view point).

this is my preferred skill spread, 2 extra skill points to play around with

• you can remove points from balestra / au fer for more composee

I see so Sw3, for bossing then Barb for nuking small mobs.

I guess another question is then you wouldn’t use restraint on bosses would you? Just mobs since bosses can’t be stunned it makes that skill useless on them it’s just a tool for grinding for the most part?

Then you would just use warcry as a type of armor break on mobs as well. its only -95 Pdef if you catch 5 mobs though right? If I remember it stacks for all the mobs you hit.

Thanks for that info @Kascly. It seems like it’s hard to level at the beginning with this but it seems worth it if you get to fencer.

@Lostac Is Toucher not worth the point? But, everything else seems alright. I think i might have to look into it seeing that Aufer has quite the cooldown for a single hit it might be smart to do that. Thanks guys.

Also, For stats mainly dex for obvious reasons then would you do more con or str? Since i’m guessing its hard for fencer to build up crit attack and you can kind of get it from gears like 2x Glad band, but seeing as to how decrease in channels (Rip battle bands) It’ll be kind of hard to get that at the current moment. So do you suggest a 3:1:1 Or should I go with something else?

Yes.

Pseudo armor break surely. 5 mobs with warcry 5 + attributes gives you 125 PA + mob level(can reach 455 PA). Bosses spam 4 traps = 5 targets for your warcry :wink:

Here a video I’m doing a brust with highlander skyliner:

Nothing so impressive since fencer has nothing to boost my PA

Edit: Here my stats

Points invested:
65 STR
22 CON
180 DEX(rest)

Im not a fencer but here are my thoughts:

After you hit circle8 anything not Pierce will basically do no damage at all compared to anything Pierce due to Epee Garde. And additionally - using any weapon type other than Rapier will also be unreasonable. I say go Sw3-Pelt1-Cor1-Fencer3. Peltasta will give you PvE and +18% evasion + hp boost; while Corsair will give you PvP + a bit of farming speed (+stunning good looks), all that without any damage loss really once you get to c8. Fencer skill set is more than enough IMO, you just wont use Highlander skills.

PS. Sw3-Barb2-Fencer3 posted above seems good too, but only for Warcry and Frenzy, which are both pretty situational (btw do we have their reduced cds yet?). Also, Barb2-variant will have no PvP potential at all. And hey, don’t forget that without Daino your maximum buffs count is pretty limited. It starts to get really annoying lategame, as Swordsmen naturally have a lot of self-buffs.

Yes, esquive toucher is an inferior version of Lunge and has long cooldown, don’t touch it, it’s okay if you do,

but:
you have to spend another round of attributes on that
better use composee

1 Like

I’m curious: how long does the Lunge debuff last?

both evasion and debuff lasts 4 seconds

1 Like

Esquive toucher deals more damage cause this skill have more hits than lunge. But lunge is more interesting with buff and debuff for next 4 seconds.