Lunge10=935
Esquive Toucher
[213.12 + ([Skill Level] - 1) × 32.54]
Esq.Touch10=505

Uh… no for hit times :

• Lunge hit 4 times,
  • ET hit 5 times,

Well, now go practise (GIF Example damage - Test) :

1- Lunge Lv12=1073 : 23 750+/- (4hits : 3crits )
2- Esquive toucher Lv3=273 : 19 315 +/- (5hits : 5crits )

Sorry but i don’t really think you right at lv10 for that two skills.
Note, Lunge crit rarelly 4 times and ET really often.

I like the theory calculation and craft but…
Please don’t reply without evidences (video, screen, gifs,…). Your calculation is always wrong (You forgot some settings). I prefer highly to discuss with supports.

You could not be more wrong than now mate. All skills uses the same critical chance. Some has an attribute to INCREASE critical rate. Don’t mislead people ok?

I say the same to you.

Lunge scales better than Esquive Toucher, has more base damage and only 14 seconds CD and ET has a 30 CD. So whats better? deal 8 hits each 28 seconds or 5 each 30 seconds?

Ok, sure ET hits harder, but you can Lunge twice while your ET is still in it’s downtime, that’s an overall 8sec evasion buff, 8sec slash debuff.

As for your skill test sample gif., unless you can show that ET has a hidden crit chance in it.That alone can’t prove that ET has better use in maximizing DPS output compared to Lunge.

The only good thing I like about Esq.Touch is its cancelable and thus chainable to Lunge for big evasion spike or Prep-ed up Sept for a safer skill unload.

No, No, No, … I never said it’s better to use ET than Lunge.
You interpret all posts has you want. You’ll say something I didn’t say.
I wanted to say : at same lvl, the difference in damage is negligible and get two skills is good for rotation, specially on enemy who doesn’t move.

I invent nothing it’s my return experience of my main since the start in this game. They are just situational. After it is felt over games as hits ET are more likely to crit than all hits Lunge.

Maybe my beginner’s English has trouble getting properly understand

Problem is the lack of skill points for fencer and a waste of dumping attributes on it. Not to mention it will consume another hotkey which is undesirable for mouse/keyboard users. I’ll probably experiment on it since I’m curious about the skill animation and if it’s easy cancellable like lunge.

You mean 430 damage scalable is negligible?
Another misleading info you’re spreading.

Can you tell us some situational scenario where someone could use ET over lunge?
Since both has the same critical chance this is something to not take in consideration.

PS: English isn’t my main language too, but I don’t have any issue with that at all.

So, Just a random question with Barb C2, I’ve been leveling a bit and wondering how “Seism” AoE will pan out once I’m able to use raipers.

This is mine right now with Just 1 hand sword and dagger but, I was wondering if it’ll decrease a bit once you go Fencer and the mobs get more AoE Defense, Since i’m not sure how much AoE Attack Base Raipers usually have I thought I’d ask.

I can hit quite a few mobs with just one use of it and it pretty much wipes everything of existence with the single hit. So I’m just having pondering thoughts lol.

It’ll become useless damage wise when you get at higher levels. You will only want it for its stun. Now for the Rapier, there are very very few Rapiers with +1 AoE Attack Ratio, most have none. So you’ll have to rely on getting them thru gears. If you don’t have any, you’ll be stuck with base AoE attack ratio of swordsman which is 4. So if you are relying on your sword’s AoE attack ratio, then yes it will decrease.

aoe is 1 of fencer’s weaknesses, it seems like a bossing class to me.