Tree of Savior Forum

Feedback on the November 3rd patch

Right off the bat ,you fixed the ping and some other issues good job.
All’s well and great but the price changes are mindblowing ,recipe values when selling to an NPC were lowered to about 10% of the original price whereas the prices for enhancing,attributing and such have stayed the same ,either you’re hoping for a healthy market or you’re aiming this game for hardcore players who plan on investing tons of time in the game.
Anyone else got something to add ?

8 Likes

Yeah, I got something to add. Stealth changes are terrible.

If you’re going to change something, document it. Your testers don’t appreciate being blindsided by unannounced changes like these. Like I realize that might be a bit rude of me to demand such a thing, but it’s only fair. How are we supposed to know if something’s a bug or intended if it’s not announced?

12 Likes

It’s not rude. It’s god damned common sense. It’s practiced by every single developer of every single piece of software. When you make a change, you write a freaking change note for it.
I don’t know what’s having IMC’s attention right now, but I’ve been disappointed by their practice more than once or twice in this beta.

9 Likes

It is beta. In one month everything will be wiped. If you cant adapt dont play.

2 Likes

Why is it costing people 80k and upwards to repair from the NPC, I’m afraid to go grind or even die because I know I’ll be slapped with a 70k repair fee and I only have 90k or so at level 60…

2 Likes

“It’s in beta” goes both ways. It’s an excuse for they to test the water with features they intend to implement in the game on release and an excuse for people to provide feedback.
If you don’t want people to provide feedback, don’t hold a testing period. It’s in the name, it’s Closed Beta Testing.
And “everything will be wiped” is not an excuse to do some asspulls like this. “We’re all gonna be dead anyway” is not a reason to accept a terrible living condition.

10 Likes

What? This’ a joke right?

1 Like

Actually no my ping lingers around 0.15 now it used to be 0.28.

@fluffrier Totally agree,it’s a testing phase for a reason ,they need community’s opinions and reports which they are getting as we speak,so speak up peeps get their attention JUST DO IT!

1 Like

No beta is to test different game aspects. You are here to provide valuable feedback not to cry about patch notes. Test game for few days then write constructive feedback about changes. If you dont have time or patience then wait for release in next year.

Massive increase in repair costs for sure. Paid 20k for just slightly damaged gear (a few points missing) while yesterday a fully broken set would be 4-5k. That in addition to a drastic decrease in NPC sell values is most likely too much.

1 Like

Yep
Honestly I wouldn’t mind the higher repair prices if they left the selling values intact.
@frankopay I made this thread this soon because I can already tell it won’t sit well with me and seems with lot of other individuals even in the near future.

2 Likes

How can we test with all broken gear and no feasible way to make money to fix them?

4 Likes

How is “you should include a change note whenever you update” not a feedback?
No really, what part of “you guys should inform people about the change when you make it” NOT a feedback? How do I know whether this whole repair cost being tripled hubbub is intended or not? A change note.
And what the hell does this all have to do with “wiped in a month” and “adapting”? If you’re talking about adapting to the repair cost change, I’m sure as hell I’ll be dropping this game if I’m gonna bleed silver just repairing stuffs. And don’t even think about “there will still be people staying whether or not it’s changed” either, because the shout chat that is exploding right now on the matter ain’t gonna back you up.

4 Likes

What the hell is wrong with you people? Changing the repair costs by THAT MUCH and removing the easiest source of income by INSANELY decreasing the price when selling to NPCs? Lemme guess, next patch you’ll include something even more crazier and include micro-transactions in a damn closed-beta test phase game to easily repair gear. Good job, you just ruined gameplay for early to mid-game players, and mind you, THIS IS STILL CLOSED-BETA. And oh, if this is about those players who AFK farm the entire day, why dont you do something about THAT specific % population of players and NOT THE ENTIRETY of the population, just a suggestion. I guarantee you, you will be losing players fast before this game even goes open-beta due to horrible player experience. Do you really expect players to grind that much just to repair gear? I’m out :expressionless:

4 Likes

Is it because less people is playing now?

3 Likes

LOL well that escalated quickly.
Dunno I’m in the same area I as I was yesterday and the ping change is there.

A negative feedback is still a feedback. We are not here to praise the developer even if they fked up.

8 Likes

ping is ■■■■■■■ bad as ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ i mean for ■■■■■ sake how hard can it be to add another ■■■■■■■ server?
I just cant take it 300 ping is at least insane but around 8pm (gmt+1) it gets to a ■■■■■■■ 800 sometimes mostly 550 ■■■■!!!

sorry, I had to get it out of my system.

Low Level Mage Class cant solo play , bcuz no funds to buy potions on this patch prize change

1 Like

Please don’t ever do stealth chagnes like this again. Feedback from us is contigent on you being direct, changes like those done to prices could have easily been in patch notes or added during the maintenance, Given their ridiculous climb anyone could have said it was a bad idea, I’m hoping it’s a bug, but clearly with the amount of things changed this is unlikely.

Statue price changes are good, they scale by levels well and they’re not overbearing, they charge you a fair price.

Repair prices on their own are pretty heavy, almost too heavy, however they are still doable.
Selling prices however are disgusting, maybe just while it’s a beta it’s a bit difference, but no one needs all these recipes for items most people won’t build, even if the market was up constantly most of them just won’t see play, so instead they should be NPCed which was fair money. Nerfing both income AND repair rates at the same time and to such GROSS extents was a very bad move.

3 Likes