Tree of Savior Forum

Feedback for Auto-Attack/Oblique Shot Falconer build

Actually it is quite cheap because you will use it forever. Other classes need to update weapons/get attributes. Running Shot has no attribute.

by “every attack” do you mean the player’s normal attack?

I think it procs both on skills, and normal attacks, yes. There was a hotfix for the falconer3 in KToS. Before, the falcon was bugged and did not use Pre-emptive strike properly (big delay, looked like it could only proc every 5s). Now it can proc as fast as the animation(?). Gwen knows more, refer to the KToS thread at General Discussion.

2 Likes

Eh, just about everything. there’s not a single skill that is launched from the archer. all of them are executed by the companion. this means that your target won’t be likely hit if there’s anything else between your target and the companion. as it will probably prioritize whatever is closer to it. you have to be at melee range to execute your skill as desired.

Now couple that with your skills breaking the companion or miss skills because your companion was too far and you’ve got a hunter.

@ greyhiem and thedojin

So you guys would definitely advise cafrisun over any other armor and going full dex for survivability? Or in my case that’d be ~50str, rest dex as I don’t intend to redo the character yet again =/

I couldn’t believe a level 40 weapon to be viable up to endgame, so I just did a little math. Interesting thing is: while wearing the Cafrisun Set the ‘Grand Cross’ crossbow paired with the ‘Arde’/‘Karacha’ dagger really is the best option up untill level 170 when you can get the ‘Viper’ bow.
After that the ‘Didel Grand Cross’ really would be the next step, even though the damage difference between the ‘Didel Grand Cross’ and the ‘Viper’ would be negligible.
On the other hand the ‘Viper’ would be better than the ‘Didel Grand Cross’ + ‘Arde’/‘Karacha’ when being buffed with Enchant Fire and/or Sacrament.

@ Composition
Thanks for the clarification about that.

So you’re going falconer c3? While I don’t know how effective the auto attacking from the falconer will be, I believe that circling attribute as it was translated
(
Max Lv: 15
5% chance per attribute level for physical attacks to inflict damage twice
damage of the added hit is inflicted to the whole area under Circling
SP Cost + 9
)

Could be truly amazing as a supporting skill, this would mean if you hit one target, at its maximum level you have 75% of irradiating that damage to the whole area under circling. if you have great damage this would be great. but you couple this plus aoe physical attacks and you’ve got a pseudo joint penalty, add joint penalty on top of that and you’ve created a nuke.

Nope I just said you can use cafrisun until 170. Can use either STR or DEX build. No need to re-roll anyway

I have 3 char

1high dex build
1high str build
1mix build

all i can use cafrisun until 170 with no problem.

About level 40 weapon grandcross it will increase lvl of QS 2lvl
running shot will add ATK40% per skill lvl. +buff time 2sec per lvl

none grand cross weapon : runningshot lvl5 = +add atk200% 23sec.
grand cross weapon : runningshot lvl7 = +add atk280% 27sec.

add atk80% and 4sec with add atk280% that’s make different.

that why grand cross type weapon is the best for QS.

It might work, but we will have to see.

Lv 0 hovering, lvl 10 Sonic Strike + 51% attribute, averaging about 12.8k non-crits. If you can get decent proc rate with running + kneeling shot, it might be worth it.

why not?

the ones going falcon3 just for 1st strike are gonna cry.
1st strike is just a bone so that falcon3 can get some kind of sustained damage that isn’t gonna add much compared to all the other r8 choices that are throwing close to 500-600ks of damage in under 5secs, while first strike just delivers barely 10k every 5secs.

Like look at how many freaking sonic strikes it took till the archer above to kill a measly lv245 mob that just has 120k(?) hp. and it barely did a dent in it. First Strike and Sonic strike itself is a pvp orientated move. Why else do you think it includes blind and confuse chance as part of its ability, not for pve
the meat is in the circling double attribute, but you have to drop 25mil to actually bring out its potential.

But then with first strike skill, you dont have to always use roast and call since the falcon will be with you always. Thats one of the benefit getting first strike too.

Btw circling attribute need c3 only unlocked? Or c1 can get it already?

Then, if one is going for falconeer 3, it must be because of its supporting capability.

2 Likes

Requires 3rd circle yes.

Actually I just want to go for a support one. Archer does not mean to be 100% dps class. Circling attribute is too good in boosting party physical dps. Potentially making single target skill into aoe skill without aoe atk ratio limit too. I think its a big boost for team dps. Aiming also great in helping team i guess?

The only shet thing I hope they fix is the fake multhit of falcon sonic strike. I heard that its a 100% damage then separated into multihits.

In hindsight Hovering level 0 maybe would be a better choice because of how slow and breaking hovering seems to be with First Strike compared to Sonic Strike…

And here again is the penalty they gave us archers with not providing any attackspeed stat like agility in our statuses. With a pretty decent attackspeed First Strike would be one of the most usefull skills out there. (If not even a little bit overpowered maybe)

Edit:
Just out of curiousity:
What’s the delay between Oblique shot?
If First Strike does work with skills and Oblique Shot could be cast more frequent than your auto attacks, then you could deal AoE damage plus some pretty decent amount of damage from First Strike.
It would give even some sense to go someting like a dexterity-spirit build for Oblique Shot spamming.
Ever thought about that?

We could use something like that withit:
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/j5zn3r3kbh/

Using Cafrisun + Viper bow
or a high damage bow with cloth or plate armor.
That would probably work with a dex + some spr build giving us evasion and crit damage and survivability against magic plus spamability through spirit.

(Yes, by now you should clearly see that I like more exotic builds ^^" Played agi/luk knights and archers back on Ragnarok Online, that should say everything, right? xD )

Edit 2:
Does Running Shot just work with auto attacks or does skills like Oblique Shot aswell get benefits from it?

@ma1sumotokenji ma1sumotokenji
Oh, I completely forgot:
Could you elaborate why it’d be a waste of time?
Stating something without proof or anything is easy but doen’t help noone…

Let’s be fair with that video. first thing first he took his weapon off. sonic strike and hovering scale directly with your damage, and can benefit from the 2h bow bonus vs flying monsters.

But that hunter/falconer is full str. he likely does 15~20k per sonic strike, maybe more with his gear equiped. But really. would you trust yourself to the most unreliable damage out there as your main source of DPS?

Please note Sonic Strike is 1 hit (displayed as fake multihit), so it will apply elemental bonus damage once only. The blind debuff is very good, the mob stops attacking you.

Falconer3 might be strong with rank9 classes. You will risk reroll nonetheless.