Tree of Savior Forum

Feedback about the games' current state 2017.10.15

The changes to the skill system, along with the Damage system changes, the R8 update a while ago,
all brought increased playability to the game and encurages party play more than before.

There are still many aspects of the game that would need a rewamp, or an overhaul entirely
to make them function properly before any new Classes, higher level content would roll in.

To mention a few basis that are NOT working properly, still, after years of devellopement:

• Inproper mouse support for all classes.
    Uninteractable NPC-s and events for mouse users.
    Inproper Charater pathing while using a mouse for movement.
    Inproper Enemy targeting while using a mouse.
    Slower server response to mouse commands, repeated action.
    Glitchy, stuck in skill animation moments while using a mouse.
    there were times when we could use Swordsman class Dash ability
    with mouse double click, but now it’s gone again.
    Lack of Customizable mouse buttons in controls menu.
    Lack of Interaction with objects when we have to use items from inventory.
    (the items should allways be activatable with the assigned ‘Mission item Usage’ button)

• Problem with the current terrain and discoverable areas, zones.
    Characters stuck in terrain obstacles way too many times,invisible walls, unpassable blockades.
    Multiple zones having undiscoverable areas, they’d sometimes need a special event to get to them,
    sometimes thoose events doesn’t even exist.
    Magic circles glitching trough terrain, and turning invisible.
    Loot falling trough the ground and turning invisible.
    Monsters are still able to run trough Inpassable obstacles for players.
    Many times Background effects are just simply gone, and certain missions, can’t be done, because
    we can’t interact properly with the objects in the area (see candles in the Cathedral)

• The Current system for Gear farming and Loot.
    Since i know you allready mentioned changes to this segment of the game in the near future,
    i’Ll only mention the unrewarding loot system when it comes to party play.
    Monsters should drop Silver and any other loot they have accordingly to party size,
    For example if a monster is killed by a party of 5, it should drop 5X silver (or more)
    with a 5X chance of dropping any of his loot from his loot table.
    Wold Boss monsters should drop a Cube for everyone who participated in the fight,
    or, for everyone who were in the proximity when the Bosses died,
    not only for the top 5 parties who damaged them.

• Currently skills having Nonsense effects like Blink or Teleport, thoose skills should be
    controlled movement skills just like Swordsman having Dash, every character-classes
    supposed to have movement skills from the beginning for kiting potential,
    and fast ‘gap closing’ with cooldowns.
    Many skills requiring rework, or enhanced scalings with the gear we have, to be relevant
    150-200 levels later aswell.
    All skills should have %damage scalings on them, there are still skills out there with flat
    additional damage to the basic attack of characters.

• Lack of Camera movement, many of us using addons to be able to zoom away from the characters
    and be able to see further away from the characters, because it’s not yet implemented in the game.
    The camera still falls behind while chasing our characters movements, while it supposed to forecast
    the area ahead of us while moving, or for Mouse users it could simply take the mouse as center.
    Only 1/4th of the screen the middle is interactable, the rest is covered by oversized message windows,
    or Mission objectives list.

• Text messages and skill description messages are cut wierdly, both the Chat, and the Item descriptions ignoring words as a whole, and cutting phrases wherever they want.

• Monster frames is another Addon many of us using, to see the characteristics of monsters we fight.
    This feature could’we been in the game aswell for long now.

• You talked about the Collections rework, to have more impactful, or more meaningful rewards,
    we’re allso looking forward for that.

• At the Forum, when we’re creating a new Topic, the Title of the Topic Name Window is Cut-off!
    We can’t see what name we write for the Title of the Topic.

Still having great expectations towards this game, hope you can get it right as you have time and
resources for it.

6 Likes

I agree with the first and second point in particular:
I often can’t interact with bosses with mouse, completely missing the attacks. Also one of the NPC’s in the Mystical cube mission can’t be interacted with mouse (Ohla), i had to switch to keyboard every time.

Some maps like Fortress Battlegrounds and Tatenye Prison are just a mess with invisible obstacles.
I’ll mention on this point the bug i have with the Hanging Shot skill. I can get over any obstacle in the game and other invisible walls but it is bugged if you try to use it on flat grounds

1 Like

I like all the suggestions except the giving of the cubes to all the players during the world boss. It will just be like the whale event where a few handful will effort to kill the boss and all the others will just auto attack or afk in the area. :unamused:

1 Like

Enhacing is still too damn costly, taking you about 1m to upgrade a cheap blue 315 weapon up to +8 without more than 1/2 failures :S
And oh god when it comes to diamond anvils to reach +15… dude this game is a silver draining and the market doesnt help a lot with its 10% fee, it still hurts even with the token :S
Also the fact that trascending binds the weapon to certain character is plain stupid, at least it would be good if u could team storage it but no… srsly wtf with all the restrictions man?
And pets… oh dear pets… why the hell would you ask us a character slot for a single pet and release so many? instead trying to force me into buying more slots u just make me stay with an ingame / event / or just 1 from TP instead buying em all :S
Also we should have at least like free 10 character slots, this game is about character buildings, test and error, i should pay to have fun not to end up on failure and be afraid to delete it to avoid losing team level :S
You guys need to make it more newcommers friendly but not with lowering the difficulty to subnormal standards, you need to lift all those dumb restrictions that make interaction in game more friendly/cheaper (like trading, expensive enhacement/attributes and gear focused pvp)

1 Like

They already reduced Anviling cost by a substantial amount. It used to cost 1-2m per enhance from +5 > 8 on a purple practonium weapon.

For now the cost for +11 is still reasonable. Anything beyond 12 will cost you a lot though. Fair price to pay for enhancement since you are going for the next bonus at + 16.

Iirc Diamonds anvil will double cost the enchancement

Warloc drain stil dont work(year), in koria work normal

I agree at this point Transcendence Weapon should able to transfer in Team Storage. I also would like to suggest we can use storage in Lobby directly (or perhaps allowable with Token)

1. This is because recent event shows the game has became multi-characters (5-10) building game rather than focus 1-2 character. It is pointless to make characters without able to gear them properly and make use of them properly, not to mention we have another silvers sinking wall of attribute but acceptable with lv70-80 attribute.
  2. The end game is getting highly reliance of Transcendence, T0 and T6-10 is a very big different in damage output.

Either they change the stats to give higher atk/matk or reduce the Transcendence to +10% per stage, or giving Squire’s weapon maintenance to give higher atk/matk base on dex stats.

This would allow better eco-system.

1 Like

Yeah but still 1m for a +8 weapon that barely costed you 100k? thats ridiculous…

That was the old anviling cost and +10 was worshiped

But using that 1m might skip you the next upgrade?

Its already a blessing Blue HG weapons exist to assist players in farming materials for orange materials. How did players cope back then, using five hammers slotted with 5 lvl6 gems. Its already alot more economical now, i dont wish to see this game diluting further.

Without the existence of this cheap 100k weapon, you will be spending up to 200 X the cost to get the same amount of damage.