Tree of Savior Forum

[Fan Vid] Rigged? Conspiracy or coincident?

For me it’s the other way around ;x

@Nicola Did you read the rules of the event? It says that it can not have addon, can only use 1 addon, etc. Have you looked at all the videos? Majority did not follow the rule and is participating. Nice.
Imc tried to sabotage one of the current competitors ([PERFECT 10] :heart: Autumn Storm :zap::cloud::zap:) saying that he had fled the rules but this was one of the only ones that was within the standards.

This event is a joke.

I wasnt going to reply because this just seems to be pointless drama.

People will vote for their favorite entry in the end regardless of the order its listed. I hoped everyone would keep this clean and fair but it doesnt look like this is happening.

I made sure to follow all the rules and uninstall my addons before recording the video.

Thank you to those that supported me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m still amazed about how this made it to the top:

1 Like

I just wonder why Kola-San answered me with this alt account after i exposed her instead of the main…

Answer she made

The alt account https://forum.treeofsavior.com/users/kolalaonice/activity

Joined 1 day ago, last post 20 hours.

Also it was the only post this account made… to me.

Her Main account with the video posted

So, @moderators, @staff : are Multiple fake accounts allowed to vote? We need an investigation on how many accounts that have less than 1 week, even less than 1 month, voted…

Edit: Screenshot for evidence.

1 Like

we need an answer, someone post this on their facebook?

imc only gives first place to people who dont lie about helping friends with dullahan :eyes:

in all seriousness, this is nothing. i come from a russian gaming community where the admins there hosted “facebook like” events and the br’s would bot the likes and they would always win.

then there was the infamous slut named poley who did nothing but flirt with admins, and everytime there was a “community contest” she would win by default. atleast 3+ times this has happened

imc admins are not corrupt, they are simply understaffed.

although i do agree that ethan should keep it in his pants

2 Likes

The healing craft was a really good video imo so no reason why it shouldn’t be in the first place at all .-.
No reason for the drama xD
And cmon guys, I think it was very clear that you shouldn’t use addons to take advantage during your footage, having zplus or any other addon instaled but not using it to make your footage better doesn’t make any difference at all…
“Having it” and “using it” are different things.
As I posted in another post here’s a picture making use of zplus:
http://imgur.com/KIVLpmm
If someone used the zplus to change the perspective during the video, THAT would be a problem, otherwise it’s not a valid argument :confused:

Congrats to everybody that made to the TOP 10 & thanks everybody for making all those nice videos!! .( >.<)/

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

It’s subjective and that in of itself is a big factor.

Just like how I feel that this image from the previous Halloween event

(full credit goes to the owner of this image)

could’ve easily won against the bulk of the other winners. But no, it didn’t.

That’s why I directly downloaded all the images I liked, renamed them 1,2,3, and so on to replace all the loading screens IMC uses by default (no more watermarks too except for the ESRB rating).

8 Likes

dont expect anything from the people of bugaryum

The point is people didn’t pick top 10, IMC did. We have only 10 choices to vote from all the videos. From then on it’s advertisement and popularity vote.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s understandable that everyone thinks so. I also believe it doesn’t have any impact on the gameplay footage when using visible addons in the videos [other than maybe looking stupid to have the EXP Calc open, which obstructs a part of the screen].

However, there are 3 points that might change your point of view once you take them into consideration:

• The rules clearly state zplus as an example for using addons when making the video:
  • Do not use any add-ons (ex. zplus) when shooting your video.

However, they made no exemption for the rule by changing the rule text to the level that it clearly states that only addons are forbidden that help you to actually tweak the video by changing the camera angle e.g., as it uses the word any. We could discuss on the meaning of the word use here if it means installing=using, however, due to the fact that Excrulons Addon Manager actually allows you to one-click install and one-click uninstall addons without sweat or time loss, it’s pointless to argue about that since they could’ve spent 1 min to uninstall the addons prior and reinstalled them later on to match the [maybe unclear] rules.

• Having tweaked the videos by using animations gives an unfair advantages over simple cutting&cropping the footage; they are not original gameplay footage anymore which was stressed already by allowing only the ingame recording function :

Shoot a 20 to 60 second-long profile video for your character using the in-game video recording function (F12)

This heavily reduces their value for advertising purposes , which is ± the goal of this event; getting free advertisements made by the community:

[…]by making a submission to this event, you agree to have your video used in Tree of Savior promotional materials without prior notice.

• The most important aspect is that using any Addons during the recording process reduces the value as advertising material to 0. The reason is that
    1.) Addons are not part of TOS; they are optional content, similar to how you can play with mouse/controller/keyboard, but using a special brand/model of controller/keyboard/mouse could enhance your gameplay manifold.
    2.) IMC does not hold any legal tenures of Addon content. The code is the solely property of those who created them, so IMC can’t use them for advertising or they might be in a legal dispute, leading them to have to pay high fines for copyright infringement issues[or even fraud charges because people didn’t recieve the advertised content on download].

E.g. if IMC decides to use parts of the videos to make an ad from it, Excrulon or some other programmer could sue them to remove the content and might even recieve some good money. This is just some “what if”-scenario, however, IMC would have close to 0% chance to come out unharmed because they excluded addon useage from the event the footage stems from but ignored the issue when choosing their TOP 10 videos and even put the footage on air.
There’s also the issue that, although they could just get the rights to use the footage featuring the programmers property, it might either cost them money to do so [which they want to prevent by hosting this “event” in the first place] or the bitter rejection of the copyright holders, leaving them with less-no content to use for advertising.

2 Likes

IMC already officially implemented some of the add-ons w/o noting any credit to its makers. Then again, they could have bought it as a whole and gave some hush money so said add-on maker won’t make noise.

Rules for this competition were just too bad. They didnt inspire any creativity or even skills with video. Kindergarden level, so sad.

I put efforts to make a cinematic video and only after uploading it noticed rules :smiley:

I really hope IMC won’t use any of contestants videos to promote ToS anywhere.

Mehhh… if they did pay those add-on makers, what about paying a better server for IToS especially Silute?

Putting in a simple way, IF they use as advertisement they can easy crop the videos so it doesn’t display the parts with the addons, but I see that maybe the problem may be a little bigger than that…

Now just about my video, when I first recorded the video I didn’t event thought about this to be honest, I just wanted so choose a nice BG and a nice outfit…
About zoomy, I only though I shouldn’t use it, not unistall it (ok you can do it with 1-click, still I didn’t thought about that people would make such a mess for this :confused: … for me when I first read the rules “using” and “having” were clear different things, but it seems that some people disagree with me, which is fair, people understand difierent things from the same words),
Also I just want to point that as you can see, I posted the video on the very FIRST day of the event, NO ONE said a thing about it, no one suggested or complainied about it, not even IMC staff which commented on some videos about possible issues…
Honestly I see the points that people are complaining… Still I don’t thinks it’s fair at all, people seem to be complaining only because their video weren’t selected, we all posted our videos and that was their decision, have some sportsmanship and be happy for those that got selected :3