Tree of Savior Forum

Fake accounts recorded?

There is no issue of reading comprehension. You said if they did in fact ban users with multiple accounts under the same IP from the beta key drawing they would lose 3 clients willing to pay.

While I don’t agree with that solution Pupula mentioned, you implied if they did such a thing you would not be spending money if you already had plans to. If you were banned from the drawing it would be the same as not being selected in the first place, there’s no further consequence to it.

While I appreciate the long drawn out post to make a point, you didn’t quite catch mine.

Glad to hear :smile:

I wish a moderator will start closing these threads now

I have just one think for you:

You still didn’t catch mine, either, it seems. If they ban multiple users behind one IP now, they will do the same later, too. Is that so hard to extrapolate?

I understand your point, however the IP bans are a super deterrent. If you don’t want your sibling or house-mate to be totally pissed at you, then don’t get IP banned. Banning someone for having multiple accounts under 1 IP is a punishment, and punishing your friends for your own mistake is sometimes, although a crueller punishment, a much more effective one.

I know if my brother is enjoying a game which we both love, I’ll be far more deterred from doing shady ■■■■ if I know I could get him banned as-well.

At the moment, we don’t have that many ways to ban those who are actually good at hiding themselves. We have to rely on security software, human/bot behaviour and their own mistakes to find offenders, so really there’s not much you can do about this IP banning situation, other than just deal with it and make sure your house-mates aren’t cheating.

What about those people who only have 1 computer or play in a LANshop?

im just sad they shut our thread down before it reached 1000 … it was so close too ;_;

I am so happy. It was destroying the forums

Except no one wants anyone banned, they are just ineligible for the beta test, the closed beta test.

I think you’re confusing this with an official release.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter how many computers are used, they will be assigned the same IP address because your using the same router/modem/hub.

Lan stores are very rare in the west and only recently thanks to Moba’s taking off, becoming more accessible. Also cheating in a LanShop i’d imagine is rather difficult, as it would be so obvious. You would also need access to the admin privileges, which unless you plan on hacking your LanShop just to cheat in an online game, again, very unlikely.

Just don’t cheat, and don’t get banned. It’s that simple.

After received my email, I went to the BIGGEST gaming forum in my country to tell my fellows to check on their emails, then I saw them talked about how they created dozens of accounts to get keys with pride! Yes they talk about doing that as if it was something great and seem to be very proud of themselves! I am so so very angry and ashamed right now. I very am sorry if any of our friends here can’t get their places in the CBT to help the developers further developing the game just because of these selfish people. :pensive:

Congratz on our friends who got their keys too! I really looking forward to be seeing you on the fields. Let’s us work together so the day of release can come sooner and with better quality in content. :smile:

LAN stores are very common in asia.

True, they are a deterrent, and I agree with your point in general. Nowadays, an IP ban has lost effectiveness though, because most network connections use dynamic IPs - reconnect your router and you got an unbanned one, while the banned IP goes to someone else. This is one of the reasons the IPs are rarely banned nowadays, and if they are, only for a short period of time.

The case here was a bit different though, as people said anyone who registered more than one account from one IP should be banned - which would include siblings registering an account with you, which I was against. Of course some people decided to take it out of context and hilarity/facepalming ensued.

In any case, as I said, IMCGames are smarter than just blindly filtering everyone from the same IP out from the possible key poll.

well thats not good. my nephews also want to test this game and we’re using the same internet connection/ip…