Tree of Savior Forum

EZ mode solo C3 Archer full SPR

You will be using oblique all thru your archer life, lol. Seriously

Okay i canā€™t find the attribute for swift step which is the passive crit chance increase. I am already archer C2. Any help would be nice!

Thank you

Talk to Archer master

Alright! I already reset my lvl 55 Archer C3 (1 STR : 6 DEX) to this build (Full SPR). I want to give some feedback.

Oblique shot lvl 3 with Attribute lvl 18

• [Old build] Oblique shot deals ard 254-257 dmg to main target without critical.

• [Full SPR build] Oblique shot deals ard 245-253 dmg to main target without critical.

For Multi shot lvl 15 with Attrubute lvl 8

• [Old build] Multi shot deals ard 110-180 each.

• [Full SPR build] Multi shot deals ard 85-130 each.

-Summary-
My Oblique shot dmg goes down ard 5-9 dmg per shot but my critical rate goes down to almost none.

Multi shot dmg goes down noticeably.

However, if we considered the mana pool that I have that increased from ard 350 to 1400.

• Oblique shot at lvl 3 uses 19 mana per shot

Therefore, I can shot 78 shots instead of 18 shots. Thatā€™s huge! Donā€™t forget that Oblique hit two targets. But does critical matter?

I would say yes but not that much. The critical at my lvl is not frequent. You still cannot get it out 50-60% of the time.

If we weight them, I would say SPR build is more viable. I can recover very fast. My mana regen is 120 without bonfire and +56 with bonfire each tick. I can hit and run and recover. I can stay grinding longer.

How about Multi shot, the dmg goes quite a lot if we calculate the total dmg of 16 shots [lvl 15 Multi shot] not included critical.

Yes, this is a problem but seriously, even if the dmg is goes down, the DPS is not lower at all. It is because u can fire Oblique shot while the Multi shot is on CD. U can get rid of the mob that Boss summoned easily.

So I donā€™t see a problem here. :wink:

For someone worried about evasion, It goes down a lot also due to low DEX. I still can dodge Boss or monster. (Thanks to high base evasion, I think) I donā€™t have number for this but Archer usually have to hit and run or you just have kill it quick.

I change my Armor to plate for a nice bonus HP and CON [help me recover also]. My HP increased from 1400 to 2328.

and Accuracy is not a problem for a skill at all.

I think my new problem is that HP is not enough lol. My SP recover fast my hp canā€™t keep up. Maybe CON SPR build?

3 Likes

@MacchiCoco yes I have already talked to the archer master but I canā€™t find that attribute upgrade! Please help me!

Anyone :cactus:

Have you tried doing C2 Quest first? I think you have to finish the quest (kill 15 bats or something) before you can go back to archer master and be in C2 Archer

@hungtruongphan yeah I did. I already ranked up as a class c2 archer. I guess maybe because my swift step is only level 5. I will try raising it to level 10!

Also, is it okay to raise the level of multi shot earlier than oblique? Because Iā€™m not spamming it as often oblique shot.

Hi imaginaryfoe,

This is so interesting.

Do you have facebook or twitā€¦kind of it. I wanna ask you more about this style archer, grind & build.

Ty.

After reading OP, I decided to go archer->ranger.

It definitely feel great to spam skills. Point blank barrage is my best burst, and oblique shot is my most consistent dps for clean up.

Going to try a wiz->pyro->cryo full spr build later and see how that work for wiz skill spamming.

Tried full spr wiz2, and if it was anything, it was lackluster.

yeah ranger spr can spam aoe skill, the problem now is dps on single target. Do you think time bomb arrow is worth?

Leveling with this build since lv 1. I think it is ok but I do have some hp problem. I didnā€™t have it with Swordman and Wizard that I played before(because I put some CON in both of them.). I think put about 10 CON should add a lot more survivalily.

Hey jaysin, if you have any questions you can just post em here and Iā€™ll see it.

legnawons, archer has amazing single target dps with multishot.

Putting some points in CON is fine. Do whatever you have to to adapt to your play-style/environment.

I ran into some people aoe-grinding in a dungeon today and it open my eyes to a few things: Wugu aoe is ok, but it has a long cd (30seconds) so it gets outclassed by swordmen/wizard aoe quite easily since they can spam their aoes more often. Also throw gu pot has a delay when you cast it which roots you in place for a few seconds. This is quite dangerous when pulling a lot of mobs

Just as a tip.

Archer circle 2 is worth it.
Oblique leveling would be worth it, as soon as you can sustain the usage of it past level 1.
Multishot should be maxed if possible. As you get an extra hit+ extra dps to all hits per level.=Best SP/DPS usage.
After Circle 2 you can go either hunter and have the pet help you or archer 3 for more flat dps increase. Or even go into whatever you want.

Corusing of hunter is extremly strong.
And your pet, when leveld to the same level as you, gives you an offensive tank.

ā€“
Ranger is underpowered from what i heard. But has AOE skills.

Didnt try coursing yet, Iā€™m using my pet as an aoe machine for now. Saved up skill points to max rush dog the moment Iā€™m hunter 2 (soon).

Does the pet attack while coursing or not?

Hey @imaginaryfoe

Thereā€™s this thread stating on how weak archers are especially full SPR archers. Anyone can vouch for that? Iā€™m having a blast leveling it but maybe the damage and the fun will wear off soon as I am only level 15.

Is this true? Does it get tedious and boring in boss fights and soon enough the damage from oblique shot will not be able to sustain and spr regains slowly, etcā€¦

Need some insight on this before I carry on playing my archer!

Thanks!

Hey bycr93, can you tell me what was said about why SPR archers are bad? I can tell you from experience that so far, im having a blast lvling. Iā€™m currently lvl 156 and unless Iā€™m aoe grinding, i still spam oblique shot. As for oblique shot scaling, after lvl 15 the only damage increase you get will come from items and your oblique shot dmg passive. You should spent most of your silver on lvling your passive ability

Hey @imaginaryfoe

Thanks for your reply! Youā€™re the only reason why I continue playing my archer despite what others are saying. Iā€™m planning to go archer 1 > archer 2 > hunter 1 > hunter 2 then wugu like you.

This is the exact quote from the person. Disclaimer: I donā€™t mean to be rude to the person I am quoting from or anything. I am just trying to clarify things.

"I really dislike SPR archer, and have had horrible experiences in playing one

Even with full SPR and a good +5 bow (Gulail, iā€™m level 43) your damage is terrible in ā€œlongā€ fights, your regeneration canā€™t keep up with your mana spam and you seriously need to spend A LOT of time sitting at bonfires to recover mana.

I seriously donā€™t get it why you guys are so excited about it. SPR is SUPER good for low levels, and leveling, cause you basically walk and oneshot everything, but Oblique Shot scals horribly through levels and you start needing 3+ of them to kill any mob, for a seriously huge mana investment.

I am trying the opposite approach.

c3 archer, Full DEX, buffed Swift Step, fully leveled Kneeling Shot (reapplied every time I need to buff myself again with Swift Step), Iron Bow, for a setup that seems pretty pretty good in Chapel or anywhere you can get a group, stay in the middle of a room and nuke the hell out. Critting 400 easily around 60% of the time with very good attack speed with such setup [no points in STRā€¦yet?]"

I shall not disclose his name although itā€™s really easy to findā€¦

As for obliqueā€¦ right now Iā€™m keeping it at level 2!

edit: Oh can you tell me what bow to aim for at each weapon changing juncture? lvl 15, 40, 75 ā€¦ I hear a lot of people saying iron bow ā€¦ seeker bow are the way to go. What say you?

Against boss-type monsters that are resistance to arrow damage, spamming oblique shot on that boss will result in draining your SP before the boss dies. At my lvl, I no longer have that issue, however, at ā€œlowā€ levels you want to use multishot first and use oblique shot as a filler.

The first bow I crafted was a hawk bow and this is only because the recipe dropped while i was lvling. I +5ā€™d this and used it until i started grinding Mausoleum Chapel where earth apparitions drop sestas bow. Iā€™m currently using a sniper bow which is only a small upgrade from a sestas bow. The heart seeker bow looks pretty because itā€™s purple, but for this build, itā€™s weaker than a sestas bow since we are full SPR. The crit stats on the bow dont help much since we donā€™t rely on crits.

Thereā€™s a technique for regening SP while fighting: you can rest/sit and if you time it correctly you will gain the full benefit of your SP recovery. SP/HP recovery happens in ticks of around 15 seconds or so. If youā€™re try-hard you can master this technique. I made a video demonstrating this:

Notice Iā€™m near full SP throughout the video

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind replies @imaginaryfoe I will try to follow your build and see how far it will take me!

Although I have to say hats off to you for mastering that sp regaining trick. Iā€™m having a hard time counting 1-15s in my head and i get distracted or lose count easily haha! Is there a trick for it?

I donā€™t count either, I go by feel mostly. You can also jump 11 times in a row and that is nearly perfect timing.

1 Like