Tree of Savior Forum

EZ mode solo C3 Archer full SPR

i deleted my archer character because its too damn weak, i went wizard (now pyro) with no regret but now maybe i’ll try archer back later on. But maybe with a party to kill the boss thou.

What is his skill build?

Very interesting. Any idea how well it fares at level 10 Oblique? Is ArchC3 a must? I might run a second char in order not to get too far ahead from my friends, this looks quite interesting.

My skill build is as follows:

15/15 multishot
15/15 oblique shot
15 points unspent (possibly getting swift step fort 25% crit bonus if i ever consider stacking dex/crit)

as for wugushi skills(C2):
10/10 needle blow
5/5 throw gu pot
3/10 zhendu (adding more as i lvl)

lvl 15 oblique shot is NOT necessary, tho it is a plus. However, you must lvl up your oblique shot attribute. Mine is currently at lvl 76.

1 Like

followed his stat build except that i up it until 40
then 30 dex and the rest str

my path now is archer c2 - sapper c2 - fletcher c2

archer are great for grinding and solo but in dungeon you can only rely on your multi shot and oblique shot can lure unexpected enemy if you dont have a decent tanker in a dungeon

im currently lvl 56 and im still in chapel (1F quest not yet finished because i grind and encountered 2 blue mobs which gave me about 5 levels overall)

sapper c2 can cover most party grinding (if there are places that mobs spawn close to each other) while fletcher, having a low cd can dps on single target fast and also for boss due to 3 sec cd skills and defense reduction

Cheers Kenshiki, solid build. It sounds like it will work out well.

I am trying 2 spr/1dex, i will go with archer c1(spamming lv 1 oblique) ranger c2 then wugushi c3. Im at level 35 atm, soloing is decent with high sp regen but low damage low evasion. Now my stats are 31 spr 15 dex, but i feel 15 dex do nothing, not enough evasion, maybe it will add some attack accuracy. It seems you havent had any problem with accuracy and evasion. How do you think about spr/con build? and please do more videos, i want to see how wugushi works.

The awkward moment when the best archer build in a MMO is full mana. TOS really need some changes and improvements in the stats.
I’ve tried dex>str but even the high crit rate was enough, it takes to long to kill a single mob. Even with high evasion I still vulnerable to magic as the my damage was pretty low. With oblique shot spam build I can just kill everything quickly. Must confess I’m a bit worried cause this build just blows away the amazing crit rate bonus the class has to offer and the lack of evasion may be a problem sometimes (bosses).
Anyway, do you use cloth armor? Does the SP bonus worth?

Do archers use mouse or keyboard settings to perform?

@bycr93
It’s a matter of preference. What I did was use mouse from the beginning, since playing with keyboard feels awkward on an Archer and I really like the WASD movement + mouse. But what I also did was go into the keyboard.xml files and change a few keys around, which made it even better for me.

I dont see it scaling well into late game. The damage is going to fall off when later ranks come in. The build is great for now and with good weapons might even carry you into 150+ levels, who knows maybe further. but I feel thats when oblique’s damage will start falling off. Its not a problem, we have resets after all, so I’d say its a good idea worth using for what’s it worth.

I got your point, at some stage your sp pool will be enough and the STR extra damage and DEX crits will outscales the bonus attack of Oblique shot (or not, you can add some DEX, also the attribute bonus is huge and it hits two enemies) also archers get decent AOE later on.
I just think it’s a good way to level up fast as archers have poor damage before tier 4. Archers have a lot of % Crit Rates attributes that don’t fit well until you have a decent base crit rate which takes to long to happen.

Here’s a vid of wugushi aoe. it’s pretty insane (note these mobs have around 2-3x “normal” hp). Even without str the aoe is is impressive. I’m sure oblique shot will falloff eventually, but for now, it’s the best option.

My armor spec is plate, due to low hp. I don’t think cloth is worth it, since it doesnt add SP recovery.

2 Likes

Nice, thanks for sharing! I was really wondering how a SPR Archer would work when we hit Wugushi C3. Still debating on whether I’m going C3 Wugushi or C2 Wu & C1 Fletch, but a SPR/DEX build is working out really fine for now.

May I ask if you use mouse for the normal setting…do you just usually move with wasd and press 1-5 for skills? isn’t that a little weird?

can you share with me the skill keybinds or something?

I’m also debating whether to go C3 wugu or not as jincan gu doesn’t seem worth it.

I use the mouse to move/target and press keybinds to use skills ala PoE/Diablo/Lineage 2. You can see my keybinds in my vid m8

@lajkonikes @imaginaryfoe @Jezzard

hey thanks for the replies! I just started as a level one archer! :slight_smile: on my way there haha.

may i know if you do focus on other skills such as swift step or just hardcore oblique and multishot?

edit: May i know when do you start scaling your oblique shot and multishot? like example level 1 oblique shot until level 30 then level 2 oblique shot… so on and so forth. Any advice? I accidentally added it to level 2 now. Should i reset?

edit 2: If not i’ll just find it really weird to increase in the circles of archer but not increasing the rank of oblique and multishot because of the sp consumption. and i’m curious to know if it’s possible to add swift step as well because it seems really useful!

edit 3: So sorry so many burning questions for the archer community! and for you TS. since you and @greenfoxy21 debated that level 1 oblique shot is more than enough for spamming in a full spr build. Is it still worth it to invest into archer C2? would going ranger be more helpful because of the pet skills and what not. Or would archer c1> archer c2 >ranger c1 >ranger c2 > wugushi be more plausible? Thank you.

edit 4: decided to log off and wait for some replies regarding this matter as i already hit class lvl 15 haha.

Poison doesnt scale with anything but gear bonuses, linker’s attribute, zhendu’s attribute, mob’s attribute or the skill’s levels. Your stats dont matter foe its damage.

@bycr93
(So the things I’m going to list here are just my opinions, mind that. I wanted to try stuff out this CBT, so I went Archer - Archer - Hunter - Wugu, and currently at that spot, still debating what to get after my second Wugu.)

About Oblique Shot, it’s a really useful skill for lower level Archers. I’d say get it to ~3 and upgrade it higher when you feel more comfortable using your SP (I did it around lv50-55). Also, this is only if you’re going full SPR or at least 3:1 SPR:DEX or something. Swift Step is imo really useful because of the 25% crit chance passive attribute you can get, which you should get asap if you go for SS. Using SS + OB shot feels really good on a SPR build, since your crit chance is already lower because of the lack of dex.

Also, you said: ‘would going ranger be more helpful because of the pet skills and what not.’ I don’t really follow here what you mean, cause rangers don’t have Pet/Companion skills :blush: (Take a look here http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/ , if you wanna poke around to see what skills you can get)

Don’t forget this is only CBT and you can get a lot of free iCoins just by playing the game, they give you enough opportunities to buy resetscrolls and play around with whatever you feel like doing.

@Jezzard

Thank you for your reply! I think I’ll follow your guideline! but go for full spr instead. I’ll get swift step and it’s attribute too thanks for that tip! :slight_smile:

and so sorry i meant archer 1 > archer 2 > hunter 1 > wugu > wugu if that makes sense haha!

And when i hit hunter… will i still be using oblique shot? How do hunter’s pet works? some tips would be nice as well! And thank you for sharing your insight!

edit: Oh my, where can i find the trainer for swift step atttributes upgrade? Apparently the archer master doesn’t provide that training!