Tree of Savior Forum

[Exploit] Infinite quest rewards and unrestricted Class switching

Aww, so can’t make a bow using Swordsman?
Edit:. And a Pistol using swordsman?

It’s probably already out for quite some times, it’s just that someone decided to make it public.

@pseudo @Mirarara
One of 1st reports of this was 8-9days ago:
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/someone-with-rank-8/122237

so it is possible that this exploit is known for 2 weeks or even more, and GM did answer in that thread.

1 Like

The exploid itself has been reported directly to IMC for a while, but forum posts are relatively recent, this one being the bigest.

Well, they certainly should because this and all other exploits found in iCBT work in current kCBT.

1 Like

So… how are people using this to go from 1-200? dont you need to be level 175 to get the quest that gives 2 level 9 cards? Already have a legit level 200 char and I’m wondering about this lol

You can use this exploit to do any quest as much as you want, you just need to have a bit of imagination after that.

:open_mouth: but it has to be a quest where the reward is given only for talking right?

Can’t even play now, channels crashing all over the place.

not really. You use it to accept ANY quest. Then you proceed to finish it as usual. TS selected a quest that is easy to complete for quick level ups.

Oh, that explains some things I’ve seen today… fortunately I’m all about done with this beta anyway and don’t need such exploits for testing things that aren’t even intended to be possible. It wasn’t necessary to make it THIS public, but in the end it would just be going on on a smaller and less disruptive scale for the last few days anyway. I hope the devs can gather as much helpful data from the chaos as they can xD

To all the people saying anything along the lines of “imc doesnt care”, just because they havent “fixed” it “yet”… I’m wondering, what part of the situation don’t you understand? This is a closed beta. If there is a big game-breaking bug, it might require more than some magic quick fix to actually get fixed. Fixing bugs may seem easy in your head, but in this case, the bug has to do with something very crucial about how client and server are communicating for certain things.

If this will still be in the game in the next beta, only then can you start speculating that they aren’t actually doing anything about it. Just because they don’t FIX IT RIGHT NOWWWW within this beta, which is almost over even after being extended, it doesn’t tell you anything about what they’re doing about it. If they fix it, they have to fix it on their most recent build of the game, rather than the current iCBT. It makes absolutely 0 sense for them to focus any serious bugfixing on this beta.

3 Likes

Nope, can reproduce anything, you start the quest again, is just that the quests done by just talking are the easier to abuse ones.
How do you think people are getting clases?

I hate this going on now, too many people are abusing it now! Now I can even play well due to server crash

hoping the cash exploit is made public too, i didnt use any but glad both are made public and thanks to those who made em public and reported them. (the persons asking for bans for people discovering this bugs have no brain)

hoping we get a polished client for next open beta/closed beta, the game client was utterly destroyed after the “anti speed hack update”, those freezes when switching gears or opening boxes from bosses are just non aceptable. Also a lot of translation was lost with that update, kind of no point on reporting missing translations that used to be ok before that.

looking forward to the release, but game still needs fixings!!

If you can find some easy class advancement class, just repeat it nonstop, it gives you one skill point for that class when you complete it.

@Mirarara
I imagine so as well. Thankfully they did make it public.

It does have to be on your level gap, correct?

I’m not sure to be perfectly honest but I doubt it as you can take quest from other class trees and the like, I haven’t tried it by myself.

you can just use skill reset scroll to get all “lost” skillpoints.

1 Like

You can accept level 9999 quest so no it doesn’t have to be. As long as you can complete the quest you’re fine.

Sry for my stupid questions, but you need to finish the quest to be able to abuse this right?. But to get the 185 quest the first time you need to be level 175, or can you do it since level 1? lol