Tree of Savior Forum

Exorcist costume quest

I love doing this quest would do it for you guys if you want.It’s so much fun and super easy,it’s like the BM costume quest.

I tried today after the reset with controller and I finished it on the first try. On keyboard it was much harder. I got way past 500 points using a controller.

well i have i hign ping like 0.3-0.5 or more so even i dont make any mistakes … i still cant get more than 420 points.
i hope they can patch it and remove the books cd.

1 Like

flashbacks to zealot minesweeper

My ping is about 0.02 or 0.03 but its not stable like that all the time. Spikes happen pretty often and a lot of times i have to press the book twice even though its already done cd. My best shot is >450 points but never reach 500 despite no mistake. Guess this will take me a few weeks (and luck too) :\

I would do it for all you people that are complaining for free because find it fun…Its so easy.

Lol, I finished today on the first try. I guess it was just the desolate state of the server after the patch that made it impossible to clear for most people…

Also I noticed that the effect costume disappears when equipping other Class costumes. All the trouble for nothing <_<

At first, I doubt I would get all the 3 rewards for this exorcist costume quest due to the instability of my internet connection and sometimes animation stutter for no reason.
But I managed to pull it off with 15+13 attempts. I got the 2 costumes within 15 first tries and after the quest reset, finally the 3rd one on 13th.
I feel for everyone who has difficulty trying to reach 500 points to get all rewards. So here my tips hopefully you can pull it off too.

First few attempts, I did with keyboard mode cuz it defaults for most of us. I only managed to get 300+ points due to I need to interact with the Binding Orb then must step on Exorcism Site spot to banish the ghost, so I waste precious second and the timer already on countdown.

And then I switch to Mouse mode, this time I can stand on Exorcism Site spot and interact with the Binding Orb without even moving closer to it. That means I can get half second or so head start.

It’s crucial to memorize every book colors and the ghost spirits so you’re not doing any mistake. Due to bad ping and stutter, I just smash my keyboard button until the next ghost. Made lot of mistake of most attempts, and on final one, I smash the button flawlessly perfect and got more than 500 points.

ps: If you easily distracted by anything while doing this quest, I suggest locking your room, if you have any urges to go to the toilet, just settle it before starting the quest and press ESC to hide the chat bar because it may interrupt your focus. Get good music or just silent the BGM. Good luck and all the best!

This minigame is absurd. Creating a mechanic that is intrinsically linked to response time in an online game is another nonsense. And the timer is the icing on the cake. I needed to perfectly complete the test 3 TIMES, and 2 times the test FAILED without explanation, even with points above what is necessary for each stage. Finally, I got over 500 points when I took the test 5 min before a maintenance, and incredible as it may seem I was much slower to press the keys than the other times.

Conclusion: The server’s responsiveness when full (:rofl::rofl::rofl:) is a pretty crap.

99.95% of attempts this happened to me.

1 Like

I was using with Lamia statue, dont know effected or not but you know, im pass that costume, just play cool and fell nothing happened suddenly got that

Why tyhis quest is so hard? I tried 10 times, the last time miss the colour just 1 time and I can’t get even the basic costume. 250 points was my best.

at least . . . increase the time limit for the quest

This quest is still impossible in 2020… I had a couple perfect runs (no mistakes or delay) and didn’t even make it to 300 points… Lag is really ruining this quest and the CD on books is too long. I can’t play on a different computer just to do this quest… Can we have a healthier quest?

2 years later holy fak hahaha

try to do it in the morning, when less ppl login, it helps
i tried it in the normal/prime time and never get to 300
but morning time will do it

Good idea, might try that! I also got a controller, let’s see if it helps

i also using a gamepad

Good luck man

First time I unlocked the vertex beacon, I did it in the early morning to make it easier. Still took 19 tries though.

Second time, I gave up after a month of failed tries. Then one day I had a guildmate give me Laima statue buff… unlocked it in my first try (at peak time, 180-200ms ping). Just to test it again, had this guildmate give me Laima again on another character. Unlocked it first try again…

Hence why I’m inclined to believe Laima statue can reduce the cooldown on the books.

if you are lagged or your ping bad/high rts this costume quest is doom
and this isnt the only costume quest with this scenario
too bad they just dont care and assuming everyone playing under very same best circumstances
heck we dont even receive special costume of new classes

Controller didn’t help, books have a cooldown of about 1.5-2sec, it’s mathematically impossible to acquire 400 points. I make flawless runs and still sit around 300 points, everything is just really slow and time isn’t enough.

Not sure if you can get buffs from teammates anymore, you enter an instanced event when you start the exorcism. And I can’t wait for people to go to sleep to complete game content… (not sure even if that would work) Anyway, I submitted a ticket because this is impossible; let’s see how it goes.