Tree of Savior Forum

Example of a poorly implemented gold sink system

M3n why you say the same again. Players are triying to get the velcoffer gear faster than they can Just for a few reasons
First its a game and get things first mean that You are “wining this game”
Second nobody cares if this gear its or not nesesary to do de content get a Best gear make your more pro that others players (pvp way)
And Last. Tons of players know that this game its full of glitchers and witheknights like some says. And get pro gear without pay to win and cheats fells nice. But unfurtunately its Harder.

I saw a some players with 3-4 pieces of the set already and when they get the skill From the set they Will Have a huge ventage on pve and pvp.

Try to Beat that difference its why players cares about get this gear so fast.

1 Like

You know what the funny thing is? People bitching about sinking silver into a silver sink are proving that the silver sink works.

2 Likes

That’s why i try to complete velcoffer set asap so i can save the world while using them. I need that +1 skill to solve world problem.
Hue

sorry offtopic, i can’t resist.

6 Likes

I don’t mind the velco gearing system in general but I would say it’s kinda poorly implemented.
The problem is the RNG, and that there is no bad luck protection.
A lot of games use bad luck protection, where if you fail a certain amount of times you will be more likely to succeed and it stacks up over time, hearthstone for example gives you a legendary if you open a certain amount of card packs without obtaining one.

I know WoW used a similar system for their legendary drops too, I think blizzard use those kinds of systems in all of their games, it makes it so RNG is less brutal for the people that get the bad end of the stick.
The way the system is now one person can get lucky and have what they need with hardly any effort, while another person can grind and farm infinitely and just fail and fail, there’s nothing to prevent the continued fails.

It causes people to lose hope and quit playing, which is pretty bad design to be fair.

12 Likes

This man finally gets it but other do understand as well lol but it’s going to get worst because the new players have no clue that this system will be implemented in other tiers in the future.

This system is only the beginning,you think after getting what you want on vel stops there then another gear tier comes out with the exact same RNG nah man,I just hope Lost Arc comes out before then because I just might quit TOS earlier than expected.

I’m annoyed not only about the layers of RNG but the fact that they will use this system for other stuffs in the future.
Heck I would play the layers RNG Vel game BUT I WILL NOT DO IT AGAIN even if the weapons and gear are a huge upgrade.

How much I bet you that the new tier of weapons and gear that surpass Vel will be in spring of next year and most players won’t have half their Vel stuff achieved lol.

This game require almost no skills in PVP or PVE but players aren’t rewarded for the effort but rather how lucky you are.Vel dun is not hard at all the hard part is winning the lottery and trying not to be a RMT,P2W,bot farmer.You can still get what you want without falling in those categories but doesn’t make you a good or pro player but a lucky one.At least with the DPK system you know that your effort will be awarded eventually if your not sniped of course.

Many players refuse to even try to Vel because this system and laugh at others who are trying to get lucky.And rather stay with Solmiki and Masinios weapons than go for Vel.

YOU WIN TOS Effort And Skill < Luck

2 Likes

Just wait some time, it’s no secret that after some time they invent ways of doing things faster/easier.
They are already implementing Silver Extraction Kit through Gemstone Feud shop that allow you to extract without using Sierra Powder it’s matter of time till they make Golden Extraction Kit that prevent 0 potential items from breaking upon failure or even Diamond Extraction Kit that has higher chances to succeed or doesn’t consume potential if fail, just guessing but I am positive that they are already developing this type of item.

1 Like

Welcome to the world of (mostly korean) free2play pay2win mmorpgs. :rofl:
RNGs over RNGs is more easy and faster to design and program than challenging and high-replayability content.
And guess what? In half a year they’ll just add in higher level gear with more high-investment RNG mechanics so the cycle starts all over again.

The main problem is that ti’s a silver sink that is based on multiple RNGs whether you actually get something good out of it. If silver sinks like that were more expensive but with a guaranteed form of acceptable success people would probably complain less.

3 Likes

Everyone is positive they are developing this type of item.

Which is actually a really sad thing.

(Why? It implies P2WIN progress, just look at Diamond Anvils. It’s part of the game now. No matter if you can reach high enhancement without them… because now the majority of population with high-end items relies on them even if bought on market. I’m saying this in the sense of one item not obtainable in-game becoming one significant factor for progress - it isn’t there just for convenience anymore.)

1 Like

You can obtain Diamond Anvils through events and you are allowed to buy from other players, I don’t think this is sad or a bad thing, of course it’s not cheap or something that players wanted in the game but at least it’s a option. Between having or not having this option, I prefer the former. I never bought TP (aside from the tp obtained in the Founder Pack) and never had problems in buying premium items in the market, I agree that there should be more in-game content rewarding these premium items but I am thankful that I can exchange my farmed silver for premium items that other players sell.

I totally agree and defended that point months ago. Now you can’t find anyone that would, for example, not use Diamond Anvil on their Velcoffer weapons.

The solution isn’t actually to Diamond Anvil or to not. They would be fine if, for example, were a convenience thing instead of the only way you can viably get a high-end weapon to be decent instead of risking losing the entire progress and proceed to dismantle a trash weapon no one will buy to get 2 spirit fragments in the end.

It’s quite simple…

Summary:

ToS goals (gear or silver) = achievable in due time BUT as it is now, UNREWARDING to many.

And this realization starts to kick in if 1) you got a life 2) you play other MORE enjoyable games 3) you are smart enough to see game offers no new content, just more things to farm TO USE FOR THE NEXT THING YOU NEED TO FARM AGAIN

1 Like

Not sure about others but that isn’t what I’m complaining.

With 8k+ hours of gameplay the base game is nice and the abstract goals aren’t really different from any other options. Content-wise it’s kind of forgivable because it’s a separate issue.

For me, the two most frustrating things that changed lately:
A) Too much RNG progression.
B) A leads to B, p2win options. But lately this became a required factor, unless you’re fine with losing your progress twice, thrice or more due to many separate RNG layers, yet part of the same process chain.

1 Like

Like almost every System in the game its kind of flawed. ;/
Not sure why everything has so much frustrating factors in it.
since i m from fedimian server and we have already not many players the worst nightmare is to get alternate items to try, Its not just the pure cost, its the availabilty…
A double cost option on 0 Potential would be a wished option.
The next point is about weapons while a 1 pot armor has still its use the weapons are basically wothless.

‘offtopic’
But besides nothing in endgame seems rewarding i think they should at first make it rewarding to farm in partys. Its an MMORPG and a Grindgame but it punish to grind in Party. This is so stupid can’t understand that there is still nothing done there…

IMC do good job to controled game economic
the OP video is exactly how silver sink sucsesfully implement on this game
hwo dont like it ,go ahead to play another game that suit ur taste well

I do not agree, a good gold sink system is when the game implements mechanics that remove gold from the game while simultaneously controlling the frustration of the player, in the video I showed they managed to achieve only one of the goals, if you do not manage the frustration of the player you will lose they to another game, and this result is much worse for game economics than the excess gold.

5 Likes

IMC purposely switched to a fully RNG based progression with Velcoffer to milk more money out of it’s players, making the game even more p2w. I say this because transcendence has no RNG if you invest enough into it. With enough silver and shards, you can progress your transcendence at 100% each time.

IMC went from a guaranteed gear progression system to a multi layeres RNG system… and people are actually fine with this.

2 Likes

TY FOR THIS IMC, THAT SYSTEM DOENS’T WORK

■■■■%202

1 Like

i’m not making velcoffer for the same reason, all my friends are having trouble with the ichor .

1 Like

Don’t panic… I’m sure they will add some Golden Repair Kit that can repair 1 potential out of items. And put them in gatcha cubes of course :wink:

A lot of people I see around me are doing V raids just to get the item, and then enchant and transcend it. No need to try the ichor process, you can store your item until the ichor system is changed, because it will doubtless be. In kToS IIRC, the cost for ichoring an item has already been removed or will be soon. So maybe they’ll change the extraction too.