Tree of Savior Forum

End game PvP mage builds?

Hi all, I’m just wondering what end game PvP looks like for mages? It seems all of the end game subclasses for wizards are summoner-based, which I guess may make it hard to apply DPS in PvP…? I’m not sure if I am understanding this correctly. Thanks

Cryo 3 and Kino 3 are VERY good in arena, they make good combo with both Warlock and Featherfoot for PvP

Thanks for the info. What would you say is the best duelist (1v1) wizard-based PvP build? Or, would you say Wizards are just not the right class for that?

Psychokino is incredibly strong in all forms of PVP. Something like Cryo 1, Psycho 3, Cryo 1, Warlock 1 is pretty much unbeatable for most classes.

1 Like

Thanks for the input. I assume Cryo and Psycho for CC while Warlock is the main DPS dealer?

Psychokino is great for both damage and CC in PVP, but Cryo and Warlock is extra CC and damage, respectively.

Thanks again! Last question, how would that build fair against a bursty, crit-heavy musketeer? No good or will the CC win it? I’m not sure how glass cannonish wizards are late game

You DON’T go glass cannon. If you want to PVP, you need a LOT of con. You don’t even really need int for damage as psycho, you can go 1:1 on CON:INT. You can kill anyone you CC, and as long as you manage to get into range you can CC anyone.

Got it. So I shouldn’t have to worry about being bursted down by crit-heavy physical (like musketeer), and I should have time to CC?

Yeah, as long as you don’t get one-shot (which you won’t with tons of con) you can CC them with Telekinesis and kill them while they’re stunned for 10+ seconds.

Ofc you’d need more INT than CON as Psychokino, it actually takes times to kill someone, if you don’t deal damage fast enough you will run out of SP in a matter of seconds…

And you can also go glass canon thanks to the Subzero Shield in C2 Cryo, which will let you survive the first attacks and insta freeze the ennemy

Damn. I was making a musketeer to try and one-shot people out of cloak. Should I re-roll :stuck_out_tongue:

Ty for the advice @Fuuji So basically there’s no way to one-shot anyone using Subzero Shield?

I didn’t have the chance to try it during CBT, but theoretically, yes.
And I think thats one of the reasons Wizard classes are taking the top PvP ranks in korean servers.

They’ve buffed Psycho, it’s really not that bad. And I’m pretty sure Sub-Zero shield doesn’t help against magic.

Damn so it seems it’s just best to go a wizard in PvP…goodbye musketeer :frowning:

Musketeer is still a good class regarding the massive burst it has, if you can mix it with Rogue / Scout, you’ll probably manage to one-shot unaware people, remember that PvP rank depends on group fights and not 1v1s.

So just play whatever you feel you will enjoy, because almost any class has the potential to carry its team, some easier than others, but you can still do it.

Speaking of scout, how easy is it to identify cloaked people in PvP?

anyone know what lv is needed to unlock pvp…?

You don’t run out of mana @Fuuji. Psychic Pressure uses 1% mana per second. They changed it.

Also, Plague Doctor makes everyone immune to Freeze status.

Edit: And actually the ones taking all the top pvp ranks in KR are Plague Doctors.