Tree of Savior Forum

Ele Warlock in ET

Hello :slight_smile: i got a few questions:
is ele warlock still good for ET as dps?
should i use rod with shield or staff (aiming for lvl 315 orange items)?
should i use plate or cloth equips?
what skills should i max?
thanks alot :smiley:

@MaikaXD Hey MaikaXD

1. yes Meta Warlock is the same and it is still one of the best dps builds for ET

2. i would go for Staff like many other Meta Warlock build users because you get the most damage out of it

3. i see many Meta Warlocks switch from plate to cloth ( because more dmg and enough defence ) … so i would go for cloth

4. i would use this build :

Np and have fun :smiley_cat:

thx for the fast replay! :relaxed:

1 Like

Some corrections on that skill build, surespell lvl 5 has 45 duration which is enough, earthquake is an useless skill outside of pvp (and even then…) so put those 9 points into sleep. You want hail maxed, it’s maybe the strongest ele skill right now, prominence is a bad skill, so you should put those points on hail, personally I don’t like freezing sphere and rain and I’d put those points on hail too, but that could be left to preference. For an ET build, you WANT lvl 1 dark theurge as it does 15 hits almost instantly and there are a lot of “destroy objective” floors in ET, so invocation lvl 8, PoA lvl 10 and dark theurge lvl 1.

1 Like

@MaikaXD ‘‘is ele warlock still good for ET as dps?’’ : Yes, quite viable.
’‘should i use rod with shield or staff (aiming for lvl 315 orange items)?’’ Staff by far.
’‘should i use plate or cloth equips?’’ Depending if we talk about ur transitory items or solmiki.
’‘what skills should i max?’’ http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/0ci7n29hkr/ There are points leftover that u can spend how u please.
@Chiro-Hisuke ‘‘yes Meta Warlock is the same and it is still one of the best dps builds for ET’’ : Pretty not, it actually would be a tier 3 DPS, or maybe lower.

@Jeynka i don’t really get your point :thinking:

@lagunarealm48 more points in surespell is good … i personally hate it with only 45 sec duration
more points into sleep is useless because you will nearly never use this skill and i thought of earthquake exactly… because many people want to play pvp … so earthquake is quite usefull ( my opinion )

Hail is only strong at bosses or at big mob groups … but Prominence is also good at bosses and big mob groups so better take both … ( i don’t get it why everyone hates Prominence even with the new Prominence )… so yeah :grin:

1 Like

Sleep is a very useful CC in many ET floors and pvp, you’re saying you took earthquake for pvp, a bit contradictory to ignore sleep, if you really want earthquake for its knock up you can get lvl 1 and that’s it, you don’t need it any higher cause it’s not a damage source. I guess the surespell thing is also a preference, personally I see more than 5 points on it as a waste, you can recast surepell+quickcast every 45s and you’re golden.

Yeah hail is strong against bosses and packs of mobs, which are common in ET, falconer 3 is also common now and aiming+hail does insane damage. If you think that about prominence, I recommend leaving it at lvl 1 then, not lvl3.

1 Like

Wiz -> surespell, sleep, quickcast, magic missile
Ele -> hail, electrocute, meteor and frost cloud
Warlock -> pole of agony, mastema, 1 in DT

the rest doesnt really matter
I went 10 on surespell for laziness
U can swap meteor for freezing sphere, but i dont recommend it (u dont really need single target skills)

1 Like

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#2111bbbff.1b233f51657585.1f3f5a85.1a28314a51

Also you can choose any gear you want, except for leather OFC. (Armors)

I agree with Jeynka.

Sleep will be your one of the most reliable cc since you don’t get any more else besides earthquake and hail, For level 15, the duration is already comparable to freeze effect of Cryomancers.

As for earthquake, lvl1 might be enough as it only hit once and can also make a fuzz in party play as it knockbacks mobs. For trash mobs, sure but for high leveled enemies? Probably not.

Hail is one your core skills so I’m not sure why it’s not maxed.

1 Like

@Chiro-Hisuke Just poiting out that Meta Warlock isn’t one of the best DPS as you said, actually it is outscaled so far by physical classes (at least for well rounded premade groups and higher solmiki stages, not talking about random shout groups). Hope the future Ele buffs make em shine again.

1 Like

Elelock is definitely one of the best DPSers, sure doppel and shinobi are stronger, but those 2 classes have been proven to be way too strong right now, so nerfs wouldn’t be a surprise.

@Chiro-Hisuke the thing is these aren’t opinions, it’s pretty much clear that the tweaks given by us
make the build better, but it’s your character and you build it however you want, just know that others (like OP) might be more interested in the most efficient build.

as a fellow warlock’er , here is a link to my ET guide and its all recorded from my view.
is WL still good for ET? yes.

@lagunarealm48 I was mostly talking about archer classes, sapper, falco, canno, mergen, they all outdamage warlock by having more syngergies together or with cleric classes/chronos, i’ve been farming 40F for a while, and i clearly would refuse to swap an archer for an elelock (tried it out, lost about 40 second on DPS checks) would prefer an Ele/RC but still don’t want a wizard class beside support (at the moment, ele getting buffed might change my opinion). Doppel is great but shinobi is kind of meh when it comes to ET.

1 Like

@Chiro-Hisuke so you’re one of those guys that think an opinion can’t be wrong, yeah you better shut up.

@Jeynka well of course those archer classes will be more useful than elelock for 31f and 36f, the 2 handed bow att is a big damage boost. Aiming+hail though, that still can clear flying mobs really fast.

1 Like

Hm .To be honest here,I think you’re mistaking criticisms as insults. The people around here just are trying to correct you yet respond to them so negatively. I was quite surprised that you call my reply a threat even though I only tried to reason why agree to the one of the posters in the thread.

If you can’t see these criticism as corrections rather than insults, you’ll have a hard time expressing yourself in the forums.

3 Likes

can you guys pls stop Reply on my comment(s) ? thanks!

@BlaXun and what is wrong with you ? i beeing polite too :thinking:

1 Like

All of this is the reason why I don’t even bother anymore to express my experience and opinion about builds anywhere. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

you can express your opinion. Just dont label it as meta warlock dps

3 Likes

If you’re not open to constructive criticism don’t bother expressing yourself at all.

4 Likes