Tree of Savior Forum

Ele Warlock in ET

See, exactly what I am saying, your tone seems very pointed right now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Meta only means making your overall gameplay easier without options to explore/develop.
Ele3 Wl2 is still very viable , dont fret too much about it.

meanwhile enjoy this clip of us having fun with an unusual line up
Doppel becomes psuedo-kino for Cryo

Eh cata can do the same, IW its broken AF but some people dont realize its actual “potential” (over 200m in 1min its not potential its broken and unbalanced AF imo)

OT, why is having a “meta” build bad so suddenly? i dont remember people complaing in RO when the set up for woe was the same FOR YEARS, well its 2017 so i guess meta builds are bad and we all have to be diferent and try new things, even if its a waste of time or not viable at endgame.

That cryo had a high enhanced (glowing with red) and probably transcended to high level regard horn staff. He also managed to get 4k blessings, which contributed a lot too…for something “OP,” sounds like it requires a heck of a lot of setup to get there, and I’ve seen (probably equally geared) doppels melt that boss just as fast without the ice wall…

And how’d you get 200m in 1min? That boss had only 7mil hp, and it looked like half the walls were broken by the time it died (not to mention ice wall lasts 25 secs max).

I was not talking about that video, cryo has a lots of set ups with ice wall and even an ungeared cryomancer with full CON can do absurd high amount of damage with ice wall. To be honest personally its feels a little bit unfair when on the other hand the interaction with fireball got kinda nerfed after the rebalance, that’s all im saying :7, well i was trying to level up a pyro sage but give up in the end, been trying to test the set up with fireballs but lazyness always win.

Im wondering if after the 5OH fireball+PP would work as good as it does with ice wall. No one seems to test that interaction anymore :c moar love for pyros please.

Wait how? Each shard’s damage does 100% of your m.atk, so an ungeared full CON cryo would do even less. And the only setup I can think of that a cryo can do by itself is with kino, or just smacking it with a dagger (still slow)

I agree, it sucks that fireballs explode now so it’s impractical to use PP with them. Doesn’t mean ice wall is OP though lol

5 OH fireball will make pyro a good c1 class and give it some better endgame viability for characters that pick up support circles in later ranks.

I dont think ice wall shards are that OP because you need to set up walls and players need to hit your walls or you need to use pp which can be disrupted with knockbacks or knockdowns. It gives team synergy in my opinion, I love it when an inquisitor casts breaking wheel on my walls.

my staff is only + 11. nothing too fancy
Blessing is 1 point , even with the impending blessing nerf (2.1k post nerf ) this combo is still potent. Its for fun, nothing too serious, chill bro.

Playing with ausrine is just too… cheesy. It works yes, but it gets boring over time. The team doppel is still farming for shards atm, he has no damage. Imagine doing that with the same people for 6 months, Our team ran lolopanther with minimal cube rerolls…and breaks in between.

In future after he transcend his weapon i will have my team position differently so his cyc/skills can still hit while shooting shards. The combined damage would make the boss stages even easier.

Do note the ele3 is a sustained damage class. Even if icewall isnt use for shards, i can use it to fence up the boss so my doppel can have an easy time with it. If you are experienced in prolonged fights you can see classes like ele3 shine out. Sadly, ET is not an optimal scenario to showcase its characteristic. ET boss stages are designed to be rushed
Every Physical DPS will face a lot of SP issues in prolonged boss fights, doppels/archers requires heavy baby sitting from cleric due to their squishy nature.

In future patches, icewall is very useful in setting up electrocute with 2 overheats. ( very useful for my team since we have 2 ele3)

Going back back on topic instead of trashing ice wall, ET meta is only an issue if you run with pubs. Special builds still have their place if you run with a fixed team. To OP, Ele3 wl2 is still very viable. Physical DPS do have a slight advantage at the moment, but dont fret. Play what you like.

Ah I see, must be the revive buff or something making your weapon have that pulsating glow. Regard Horn Staff is still pretty fancy though, and I do see you used an SP pot for chapparition cards so the damage makes more sense now.

I never understood people saying “chill bro” when there’s nothing heated going on. But it’s not like I’m going to believe someone saying ice wall can hit over 200mil damage in 1 minute, and that the skill is “broken and unbalanced AF”.

IW can be used without compromising your dps overall DPS. It should be a bonus and not hinder your melee dps. Say a cata is doing his stuff on the boss. How you line up your walls is a very factor. Do note that shards will fly towards the direction the ice wall caster is facing . Instead of doing the usual 4x3 or square formation , there are other options like V-shaped or even a simple 2x7 . This way your DPS can still hit the boss directly with his skill as well as hitting your walls. As a cyro , your job is just to face the boss while your dps just does his melee chop chop

IW is 17 hits at best. The duration doesnt matter much. Yeah i agree with you that it cant melt bosses like 200 in 1min hahah. Leave the sustain damage to ele3. IW is not broken, it requires investment in magic attack and experience in casting/positioning to be useful.
we do see many anti IW threads in reddit/forum for blocking aye? :smiley:

I know people that love running static with one cryokino RC, I assure you more people accept that IW combo is really good for ET boss killing, many people don’t like the build because it doesn’t have anything else for it, you have to spend quite a bit and it’s a dedicated ET build.