Tree of Savior Forum

Earth Tower Handbook v1.10 (No longer updated.)

It’ll be more in-depth in a later version. My rating for each class still stands and I’m fairly confident about the usefulness of each job in Earth Tower.

I’ll elaborate on what skills are useful and which are not, and where, at a later point. But yes, right now it’s rather barebones.

Edit: In light of the above comment, I’ve appended a poll to the opening post asking what you guys want to know most about each class. There’s a lot potential things that I can add, but it’s a lot of information and a rather lengthy undertaking.

1 Like

good guide
surprising fletcher 3 is a 3 and not a 4.
Not very good at mobbing yea but for bossing?

Your star rating for your guide also doesn’t take into account damage received for melee vs ranged and the extra strain on healers and risk of death this brings. In actual practice i would take at least 1 star off all melee dps classes due to this.

1 Like

This was a very well-written and informative guide. I’m sure everyone will appreciate the hard work you put into this. Well done, mate! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It depends on the amount of disable your team has as well as the type of healer. With enough trees/silence statue you shouldn’t be taking much damage. But you certainly are correct, melee takes a lot more damage.

A fair assessment, though the teams that do best just in general optimize on their mitigation. You take damage if you’re truly going to be generating aggro, which arguably yes if you’re putting out more damage than an Elementalist you probably will.

In the upper floors of ET right now it’s usually a case of if there’s no mitigation on the field (freeze, silence, invulnerability) then we’re as good as dead. The presumption is a swordsman DPS can fight without major fear of being attacked without protection.

Thanks for the concise yet thorough guide, it’s great!
Can I request a section dedicated to group compositions? It seems you have a set team that you progress with however i’d like to hear your ideas on what you think would work well as a 5 man team.

I tried to avoid anything overly specific when it comes to builds and compositions, to I suppose encourage people to try new ideas in that sector without instantly relying on ‘what works’.

I would like to, based off of the votes in the poll, add an additional field denoting what classes can pair up well with which jobs from other trees and from within the same tree. When I’m not busy and won’t half-ass it.

To all, I added an ET preview video in the opening post.

Hey what is your opinion of Pelt 3 -> Rode 3 in ET?

I’m thinking of going high or full dex and just spam slithering with pass.

Is this going to be enough? Or does full con just generally better

You can get away with this to a degree. The only downside of this is, note that Slithering is technically a channeling skill. You won’t be able to do anything at all while using it. And if that’s what’s keeping you afloat then the times where you need to utilize your other skills, you may be in severe danger when you have to act out of it.

I personally wouldn’t go Rodelero C3 unless I was partying with something like a Linker in addition to a Sapper or Schwazer Reiter. That synergy brings out a lot in its value.

hi, your guide was awesome, specially handing out each floors objective.

however, nothing fancy or extraordinary had been shown here. specially giving value to each class. specially on swordsman. your setup was just another ordinary team who focuses on DPS for fast clearing waves.

i also read you were a ‘tactician’. i am looking forward that you show us those ‘tactics’ of you in clearing with a different setup. a different team class that can shed light to other players that plays different class. other than a copied setup from ktos.

something like following:

Doppel
Kabbalist
Warlock
Warlock
Templar

Thanks!

It doesn’t take too much tactics on a majority of the floors before maybe 12/F, with the exception of 7/F. When I say tactics, I don’t necessarily mean indulging in less optimal classes in order to succeed. The class composition that we go with isn’t predominantly frequent in kTOS, and lacks the Melstis component to make it a ‘copy’ of the 20/F clear team. Even then, we were using this team long before that team came into emergence, and it’s unfortunate it’s seen as a copy, even despite lacking the main component of it.

If anything, the video you linked me features more popular classes in their version, including double Warlock and Doppelsoldner. Templar is no more than just a Peltasta tank and doesn’t contribute anything more than that. Even the Kabbalist at its core only uniquely contributes the Dievdirbys statues.

Tactics comes from your ability to clear the gimmicks. 7/F, only a very small percentage of kTOS teams were able to clear it with the bug. In our version, my team is the only team across all servers that has done it. We only had to toil for two weeks on how to figure out how to clear it without a Peltasta, which pretty much every team that was able to do it in Korea, had.

12/F and 13/F are difficult in their own regard. Even after 7/F is fixed in our version, I suspect many teams will get hung up on these two floors. 15/F, you’ll notice there’s nearly no videos of it being cleared whatsoever. We’ve been hung up the last week trying different strategies and tactics, come closer today than we ever had previously. And if we had a Peltasta, I’d argue we’d have cleared it days ago.

Focusing on DPS and mitigation is how you clear ET. There is no other way to do it. Even then, we focus on mitigation far more than we do DPS. Your ability to work cohesively as a team reflects how you generally perform in the tower. That’s why we clear the first floor with two minutes to spare with just two DPS in the party, whereas a comp with three or four DPS may only clear it with a minute, and often times even less. Our attributes aren’t even quite nearly as high as other teams’.

Though again, the class section of the guide is a bit lacking. I’ve not had time to update the guide much since I wrote it, granted the pseudo-tier list isn’t precisely very important as much as the floor section.

i really hope so this is the ‘only’ way as you speak.

still, i’m following your floor by floor guide as it really is very important to know what to do in every floor. i guess i was hoping too much to see something spectacular. giving some light to other class in clearing ET. atleast 1~5F.

Hi veri,
Could I ask you whether going to the boss floor -> swapping char and entering to get a cube on another (bad ET) char is still possible?

It’s in your guide tips section, but I just wanted to make sure it didn’t get ninja patch.

@Nicola

This still works yes, but is only really possible up to the 10th floor boss. You can get the cube from any floor boss with this method, but can only get the fragments by being present at the boss. There is not enough time to run up to the 15th floor with most classes to retrieve fragments.

The short is you’d get enough essences but probably not enough fragments to complete items, if beyond 10/F.

Oh! Added note, you cannot easily do this with 20/F boss either, even if just for the cube. The cube is assigned immediately after G’bb is killed, and you aren’t given a prompt. To get a Lolopanther weapon, the only possibility is actually clearing the tower yourself or swapping out the character mid-way through the battle against G’bb and enter before the killing blow.

@greyhiem

1 Like

Thank you.
I was asking since my friend cannot find ET parties due to having a bad AoE class. It seems it will be very difficult to get a Lolo weapon on some characters.

I wish sage could taxi someone to the floor but Warp Portal is canceled for dungeons.

:[ this sucks. My fletcher will never get Lolo at this rate. Not many people run them on my server (or just guildies only).

what do you think of a phisical dmg cleric with cleric2>priest>paladin3>???>inquisitor? it could work as a healer/support/dps with 10 heal tiles, resurrection, breaking wheel and godsmash/smite (and ofc barrier+barrier scrolls, turn undead, restoration etc)

BUMP! (for new ET changes in drops) TIA @Veritas

Hi, thanks. Updated.

Some slight updates were made to the guide overall, including a few job rankings (including R8). I honestly haven’t seen enough of the R8s though to make absolute judgment calls on my own opinion (heck I haven’t even seen an Enchanter in ET).

Overall the idea is that with R8 classes, you shouldn’t struggle that much in ET. Especially if there’s a Sage in the party, that trivializes most of the floors altogether.

Though it might be a bit of a pain to make Lolopanther items now due to the change of Lv. 1 Earth Fragments, if you haven’t farmed a stock of the fragments beforehand.

Without much saying, it’s not worth it to farm Lolopanther weapons at all. The money investment can go into better 315 purple or orange grade weapons and shields.

2 Likes