Tree of Savior Forum

EARLY ACCESS for founder pack?

I actually do not mind early access for founder pack. Early access does not mean beta testing. It just gives people who support the game a few days early of game play prior to official launch. Do not be confused between early access and beta.

1 Like

MMOs with early access leave a very sour taste in my mouth. I never play MMOs or any games that require you to get a founder pack for early access. When I look back at all these MMOs now; I am always grateful that I didnā€™t buy a founder pack because most of them fail.

MMOs with founder pack always give me a feeling that they are manipulating gamers to buy the pack with the hype-train. The game is not even ready and you want people to pay to play your game; first focus less on money and actually making the game playable and fun; then money will definitely come your way.

2 Likes

Personally, i think early access to cbt is not a bad ideaā€¦ After all, it gets wiped at the endā€¦ It would be nice to release some keys for a set ā€œdonationā€ amount after these 5k keys are given out so people without keys but want to join still can have another chanceā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t like the idea of buying access to betas - paying someone to test their unfinished and buggy game for them just seems ridiculous.
I quite enjoy betas and have no problem in beta testing, finding bugs, reporting issues, etc, but Iā€™m not going to pay for that ā€œprivilegeā€.

However, I find it unfair to label founderā€™s packs/early access as devs being greedy - I think we as beta testers are largely to blame for the rise in founderā€™s/early access becoming the standard.
Iā€™m sure we have all seen it - (there are many posts in threads on this very forum about key sellers) - beta keys get given out, people make multiple accounts/take multiple keys then sell them for their own profit. So the game devs figured, heck if people will pay for beta access, then we may as well benefit from it.

I would rather see the game devs gain a bit more funding through early access than to see key sellers getting rich and the game developers not getting any of the money.

itā€™s to allow ppl to test

1 Like

No no, you will see, this is why we are having a beta TEST, to TEST things beforehand.

Why are people freaking out so much about this gameā€¦ Guys its the RO 1 team that is working hereā€¦ Did they fail RO1 at first? Donā€™t think so. Chill out!

your wrong ā€¦ uh its the IMC team whos working on this game XDā€¦ lol RO is gravityā€™s property

Which is composed of the foremost creator of ro1 if I recall correctly!

10/10 would spend $299 for a Diamond Founder Pack.
Iā€™m looking at you Aeria.

yeah only one member of team gravity who left the bleepy company and started his own game =3 i salute him XD

Please IMC implement this I fully support. :scream:

The game might be free to play, but it isnā€™t free to maintain DUDEā€¦

Bear with it.

so dirty you just want get some exclusive stuff, right?

But it DOES WORK EVERYWHERE ELSEā€¦

Archage was never that great a game to begin withā€¦

Very well, please cite 3 examples.

Thatā€™s it in Arche age happened it and now albion get same idea is horrible think you pay for test a game

Iā€™m not rich enough to keep up with Aeria even though I love Eden Eternal and enjoyed Aura Kingdom. The p2w is strong with them.

I donā€™t really care about Founder Pack although it could make people run away from the game ( some people really donā€™t like that)

I just hope that the game wont be pay to win.

I remember Tera Europe selling Beta Key for 5ā‚¬ that would be subtracted from the price of the game if you bought it after but ToS is F2P so they cant really do that.

You serious? Have people pay for the game when itā€™s available through proper means like a cash shop or subscription (whichever they choose) instead of though the impatience if others.