Tree of Savior Forum

DX12 or any other?

True true, there is that little caveat. :stuck_out_tongue: Mine’s a little expendable (early adopter) because I expect these things to get cheaper and cheaper and eventually become the norm.

I’d like to add that you should also avoid running the game in Windowed-mode. I suggest you always go Full Screen with the resolution at one or two increments below your display’s maximum.

Eg: 1920 x 1080 is your maximum, then go for one step below in Full Screen = 1600 x 900.

What I do to check is look at them like (A x B), then I divide my max(A) with my target(A) and my max(B) with my target(B).

1920 / 1600 = 1.2
1080 / 900 = 1.2
1.2 = match (aka your screen will not look stretched in either direction)

Forgive me if there’s an easier way to check this, I haven’t bothered to see if there is :smiley:

Also, limit how many times you alt-tab (if you need to).

The game enters a pseudo-frozen mode especially during loading screens when it’s not the [active] window. (everything turns white), I noticed that it sometimes doesn’t recover from that.

1 Like

That is a good one, decreasing the resolution also decrease the amount of video memory being used since the textures get smaller.

As for the resolutions, you can also do a try out, decrease in increments of 1 till you hit the a close satisfatory result.

And I confirm that alternating windows too much can cause issues, I don’t get frozen white screens, but I noticed that the game lose 40% or more performance after some time by doing that.

1 Like

Btw i can`t make my game in true full screen anymore becouse then i get error code 10001, failed to load 3D module.
Any clues why that?
i changed pixelsd from 32 to 16 also changed usehigheffect from 1 to 0 and same also for water. But i dont think that affects it does it? Cuz when i change resoltion back to 1 game works. Im talking about user file.

Not really sure; everything I mentioned are just in-game menu changes. :frowning:

You are using a day-to-day use laptop by the looks, that amount of memory is the shared memory from the RAM that the GPU take from the system RAM, that means that instead of 4GB RAM, you now have 2.4GB RAM, also, the GPU is what we call built-in or on-board, probably an Intel 3rd or 4th generation.
Which doesn’t matter, they aren’t designed to work with games.

Unfortunately in your case, you either change to a gaming laptop, or build a new desktop.

Not sure about the prices in EU about stuff.

I found this article, not sure if would help you tho.
https://elitegamingcomputers.com/good-cheap-gaming-computers/

And

The Fullscreen in the game settings window isn’t really a fullscreen, it is a borderless full screen window mode.

It unfortunately doesn’t work like that. The game is going to run in what I’m pretty sure is DirectX9 and the only way to fix that is for IMC to do exactly what GGG is doing with PoE by overhauling the client and rendering system completely. You can try a combination of SweetFX with dgVoodoo 2 to attempt at manipulating things at a driver level and rendering using a glide wrapper. This is extremely advanced stuff though and I’d hardly suggest messing around with any of that unless you know what you’re doing.

Other than that you’re stuck with it just like me. 12-15 FPS everywhere no improvement because the game developers over there in Korea are stuck in the stone age.

1 Like

For the most increadible it may sound, ToS is under DX10 lol.

But still, it need lots of reworking.

They are so bad it’s unbelievable.

1 Like

And you are playing with that fps? How do u play with world bosses and dungeons? And pvp?

you cant, i tried to play tos once on my wife’s laptop while my pc was being hi-jacked by my kids and all you can do is quest low populated maps, the second you get around more then 4 people its a power point slide show

in the end I was never able to log back in b/c I ran into a warlock invocation farming and the crash was so severe I never made it back in, every load screen perma froze at 95% until I got my desktop back

1 Like

I don’t play because of things like this. Before in my days you didn’t notice or care much about the FPS problems because network lag was so bad. I just endured it all and loved when trying to cast Blessing my character would stop and do an animation then stop again randomly sometime later and actually cast.

1 Like

Most WBs are left alone, I find Prison Manager alone most of the time, every now and them i bump on Rexipher, Harpeia and Glack-chan too.

Dang! Didn’t think it’d be like that though. :cold_sweat:

I used this ‘workaround’ for FPS issues when I was pushing my GTX 750ti to run GTA V at above 45 FPS consistently while maintaining some respectable level of detail.

Yeah, if you alternate window and it doesn’t blink in black, it means you are in windowed mode lol.

The real full screen mode in ToS is messed up, I’m not sure what is needed to make it work, some experience issues like @heros3 said.

To get to it you need to change the user.xml in the game folder.

This game is 10 years old and manages to not even lag or give me problems performance wise in the least. How they messed up so badly here is beyond me of not being able to figure out a proper rendering system. You can even literally pull a whole map in this game and spam your flashy AoE skills without crashing the server or lagging the client. It’s like this is one of the many restrictions they put on ToS to limit your ability for mass AoE by having the game run like crap.

Majority only cares about blud and nuaelee. The rest are…:thinking:

even rexi is forgotten as finisher can be obtain by paper cube rolls

1 Like

Well atleast i had fun for 3 days :smiley:
Will be returning to xbone.

Rip see you again sometime.

Makes you wonder why some stuff are in game when they turn unnecessary in the end huh?

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.