Tree of Savior Forum

Droprate (hidden) changed again today (?)

It was random i promised you. Youre just having a bad day because you didnt get loots. Your heart should be filled with hatred towards those people who wanted to changed the system.

I want to revert the system from before too because before was more profitable. Now join in the dark side.

I will stop winning if you tellme the secret about dropping 1 bb in each kill plz
dont be greed, we can split the money $$$

3 Likes

Now youre boring. In all seriousness. The system is indeed random. I prefer previous DPK because it was consistent. Since majority wanted random chances, thats what we got now. If the loots wont drop it means bad day on your part. Just be a good boy and pray everyday so RNG will come in your heart. I said that without sarcasm. I dont like to lie. I just dont tell the whole truth.

lmao dude jynxie need to chill, i was merely asking for opinion that on the day this post were made did anyone else felt the same after farming for 2-3hrs compared to the past few days since the HG updates, if you farmed for only 1 or 2 day then it wont be possible to notice it, and as you says it might just be bad RNG, but warlocks that has farmed lots of hours every single day will notice the difference in drops not just in one day or two day. TBH i was againts RNG before the HG updates came, but surprisingly the drops rate in RNG is better than DPK, and after 2 days of countless hour of farming, I did notice the changes compared to few days ago thats why this post was made to ask IF others experienced the same thing.

6 Likes

Might be off topic, but Iā€™ll just share my experiences grinding in ToS and in D3. Again might be just me overthinking, do take this with a chunk of talt.

I do suspect that the loot tables have been adjusted after the initial 1-2weeks of implementation. This is something which is kind of similar to what Iā€™ve experienced in D3.

In D3 most of the time, whenever there is a new patch involving new items and such, the initial 1-2 weeks will have lots of good loots and high quality drops, after the initial 2 weeks, loot quality starts to get worse and worse. I attribute this to the following reason:

Newly updated loot tables have no drop statistics to back them up, developers will need time to gather the gameplay/drop data in order to balance the drop rate. Hence, they will use the initial couple of weeks to gather data first then adjust the loot tables to better ā€˜balanceā€™ the game.

I suspect the same is happening for ToS too.

So, if an item dropped too much based on data to the developersā€™ liking, they will adjust the loot tables to decrease the drop rate. Vice versa, if they over-adjust until the time to acquire that said item doesnā€™t adhere to their design specs, they will increase the drop rate.

A small advice, in any grind game/MMO, whenever there are numerous item updates in patch notes, do farm the hell out of it during the initial couple of weeks before their maintenance. I got my 3x phadas following this with just 10-11hrs of farming during the initial HG release week.

Now the dawn fragment drop rate is a lot lower than what was 2 weeks back. From a 16-18 frags per hour on average dropped to 6-8 frags per hour (if lucky).

2 Likes

No way, you must be just having bad luck, i managed to farm 30 bb in 29 kills in 5 mins, even got a rainbow colored galok wich gave me 10 bb in 1 kill , its still rng you just had bad luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That rainbow galok wears rainbow pants too with rainbow mohawk.

If Nekorin will spearhead the anti-RNG faction, ill release all information about current drop system, even if spiral nemesis will come after.

Eh, why am I doing to do that? O.o I like the current pseudo RNG-DPK system now.

There is bound to be some adjustments to drop rates/ratios especially when the drop system changes. Just treat the initial few weeks as an adjustment period to ā€˜balanceā€™ the game.

1 Like

ic, too bad youre too pure, ill just find another Skywalker in this forum.

50 people on the forums have noticed a change in drop rate?

No, they are all wrong.

I am the one that is right.

4 Likes

When a pinch of salt is no longer enough.

Kidding aside, what have you been up to lately? Iā€™m still farming what I can in HG since there isnā€™t much left to do (alone).

1 Like

Must be really hard to accept more accurate numbers when you randomy lucky with 6 kills.
Its not like they couldve lowered the initial chance in relation how it was before, no. 500 dpk means 0.2% now. Its engraved in stone so that we can praise it!

I demand a block function for this forum to automatically ignore this guy.

1 Like

I loved in old MMOā€™s we would just pray to RNGesus.

In TOS you justā€¦ kill until a count you cannot see, but presume you started reaches a certain threshold and the item drops.

In any case, this is how you farm for BBā€™s:

1 Like

Hmm nowadays Iā€™m just staring at my 2x mystical cubes hoping one day RNGesus or PrinceKen will perhaps pity me and drop me that purple ball of fluff.
Sometimes it has gone so bad till my ToS time is just 5mins a day (just to open the cubes).

Really nothing much to do in game currently. With announcement changes in the horizon, it is hard to muster up the will to farm things, at least until they settle on what they are going to do for stats and transcendence.

1 Like

IKR. It is really ā€œhardā€ now. I just choose to farm those that have ā€œgreatā€ consolation prizes. Like frags for phada. If I donā€™t get the frags I at least get 3* gems or the rifles to feed my gems.

Itā€™s even harder now due to a self inflicted handycap. All my farmers are farming statless now.

I just got 3 toons eligible for the pract quest, but no one to do it with. Just venting.

2 Likes

That guy is just salty his favourite DPK system got changed so he can no longer reliably profit from it. These people only think for themselves and want the game stay hardcore.

And with this drop nerf again we can say IMC agrees. IMC want to keep the drops low rate just like before, but since players whine about DPK so much they just change it a littttle bit and ensure the overall drop rate remains low. IMC wants to keep TOS a hardcore game.

The true is TOS canā€™t be hardcore anymore.

Over 100K monster kills you know the % of droprate in certain area such as Royal Mausoleum event.
If suddently changes you notice it.
We are not talking about ā€œshitty 1000 monstersā€ but about a large number.

So i know, for true, they reverted or nerfed the drop rates. Itā€™s a certain thing.

The MAIN problem is:

if they change someting they HAVE TO tell us. Even if they change a 0,00001% of a percetange, remove 1 damage from a monster, or anithing you can call ā€œsmall changeā€ we deserve a detailed patchnote.
They changed 2 times the drops system without advices. It sucks.
Itā€™s a mmo damnit, drops are importants

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.